Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 12-12-2013, 06:34 AM   #15
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Be careful with what you are doing. Jumping from car to car to car to car every 6 months will eventually land your nutz in a pipe vice. Every time you have a new "want" in your life, your present car is losing value; therefore, your financial situation is getting worse. Hey, it's your money.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #16
mikec

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z51
Sucks to hear that about your Challenger. Good luck on the SS and forget about being a responsible adult......life is to short and there's way to many toys. LOL
Awesome & Understanding Girl Friend
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #17
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
Welcome to the Site and
Good luck in getting
your Camaro !

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #18
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
Welcome. I recently joined here as I was trying to decide between a 2014 Challenger SRT Core and a 2014 SS (2SS)....I test drove both. Even though the Challenger had more HP & TQ, the 2SS Camaro drove better and the interior was heads & tails better quality over the SRT Core interior. So, a black 2014 SS it was.
Also...my trade in was a 2012 Ram Big Horn Crew Cab (5.7 HEMI) that I just bought in Feb this year and the Chevy dealer was giving me almost $6k more than the Dodge dealer offered when we were playing with numbers on each.
The 1LE is a great choice and I would have opted for but sadly, it doesn't come with an automatic option which I need due to a motorcycle accident many moons ago.

cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:54 AM   #19
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Hope you find a solution, the 1LE is a nice car to own.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #20
Freyguy08

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by elarson5757 View Post
Having successfully used it for 10 plus leases I would encourage you to visit Lease Trader or Swap a Lease. You would be surprised that what seems like an average lease payment here is a steal several states away.

I personally had people take over leases and pay to have the car shipped to them and or travel to me to pick it up. Shipped a 2005 Hummer H2 from Michigan to Florida. Had a guy fly in from Texas to take over a 2010 Cadillac SRX and then drive it home. I successfully got out of each of these leases and the most I paid to do it was the transfer fee which was highest with Chrysler at 800 bucks at the time. As a business owner I can also tell you that I drive A LOT and most of these vehicles I got out of were also over average miliage for the point in the lease that I traded them.

The reality is the service works because people don't qualify for the best rate to buy or lease the vehicle themselves but do qualify to take over a lease in progress. I also took over a couple leases and drove loaded BMWs or Mercedes for next to nothing for a year or even less before turning them in.

The site Swapalease.com is awesome. I got my FX4 for no money down and half the payments of my XLT because of what the other guy had put down.

Comin' in hot!
Freyguy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #21
HerRide

Drives: '14 2SS/RS AGM
Awesome - you will love it! I also have a '13 Challenger and enjoy it (no problems) but my Camaro is my baby!!
Old 12-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #22
MPX

Drives: None yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Be careful with what you are doing. Jumping from car to car to car to car every 6 months will eventually land your nutz in a pipe vice. Every time you have a new "want" in your life, your present car is losing value; therefore, your financial situation is getting worse. Hey, it's your money.
Yeah. . . I hear you on that. The jumping from car to car thing was completely unintentional. I intended on keeping the Challenger for years and years. . . once I got it and it was in and out of the shop, I could tell it wasn't going to last. The sheet metal was less than stellar too. . . it would bend at the slightest touch.

Before the Challenger, I had a Dodge Dakota for 8 years. . . so I'd love to get into a car and stay in it for a long time.
MPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #23
MPX

Quote:
Originally Posted by elarson5757 View Post
Having successfully used it for 10 plus leases I would encourage you to visit Lease Trader or Swap a Lease. You would be surprised that what seems like an average lease payment here is a steal several states away.
Ok. . . good to hear someone endorse these sites. I've read about them and can't seem to find a consensus on whether or not they're good. They seem to be the top dawgs.

My lease payment on my Terrain is actually incredibly low for what it is. I think someone would have no problem taking it over. It's also way below miles (I don't drive much.)
Old 12-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #24
Buffman
1LE FTW

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE Recaros NPP
2014 1LE BLACK is the best hands down (might be bias)

Attached Images

Buffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #25
RubberChicken

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
I've heard the same things from other Challenger owners, about it being in the shop more often than not. But I've heard that Dodge/Chrysler's reliability rating is so piss poor that people who buy them usually don't go back. It's amazing to me that they are still in business.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #26
MPX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChicken View Post
I've heard the same things from other Challenger owners, about it being in the shop more often than not. But I've heard that Dodge/Chrysler's reliability rating is so piss poor that people who buy them usually don't go back. It's amazing to me that they are still in business.
Yeah. . . they've had a rough go at things. The cars that have been redesigned since the Fiat takeover have supposedly shown a 60% drop in warranty claims though, so maybe they're getting their quality under control finally. The Challenger is still almost all parts from the Daimler/Cerberus era, so hopefully the '15 redesign will net a more reliable car of higher build quality.

Either way, I'm probably not going back.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #27
MPX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffman View Post
2014 1LE BLACK is the best hands down (might be bias)

Yep. . . there she is. Beautiful.

Your grass is also very green. Kudos.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #28
yzrider58
Aviation guru

Drives: 10 1SS, 09 Acadia, 90 K1500 Z-71
I have a Terrain and a Camaro! The Terrain is a great SUV. 1LE is triple the cool factor though.