Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 01-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #43
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVader View Post
I've been following the thread, I'm happy for all parties that this is coming to a positive resolution.
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer08 View Post
Dude that sucks. Wish I could help ya
Thanks bud, I really do appreciate it. So far, it looks like things are working itself out. By the looks of the tracking information, I should receive the product in 2 business days. I'll likely receive it on Monday.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #44
TCAT

I just recieved the ported LS3 intake manifold that was said to be ported by CPR. I PM'd CPR to confirm if the ported job looked like theirs and if it's exactly where and how they do the porting.

Here are some pictures of the intake manifold:

The top:

The bottom:

It doesn't look like porting was done in each port from what I can tell, but there looks to be porting done on the inlet/opening (where the throttle body would attach to), as the surface looks like material may have been removed and scuffed up. However, it looks absolutely nothing like my VMAX throttle body porting job did. It's hard to compare a porting job from two different companies, but CPR's porting job looks so much different (and not necessarily in a good way), and I can't tell if this is CPR's normal porting job or not. I'm unsure if this intake manifold is ported professionally, as it may be, but I'm not impressed with the work, and how it compares to VMAX porting.

For those of you that know about porting jobs, please take a look at the pictures I posted in the link I provided. This will give you a great idea of what I'm talking about.

So, now I need to figure out what to do. I will wait until I hear back from CPR to see if this porting job is in fact theirs, or if its someone else's porting job, as that would mean the difference between getting my money back and shipping this back to the seller, or keeping the product. If this porting job is CPR's, then the seller would be selling a CPR LS3 ported intake, which was described correctly, so it wouldn't be their fault, and the product was described properly. We'll see what CPR says.

I do wish this intake was sent cleaned before it shipped though, LOL. There is tons of oil in this thing. A huge thanks to the seller for packaging the manifold correctly though, as bubble wrap and paper was used for added safety. I truly appreciate that.

Thanks

Last edited by TCAT; 01-12-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #45
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
TCAT - the link doesn't work for me. But even the VMax ported intake doesn't look like the VMax throttle body porting.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #46
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 View Post
TCAT - the link doesn't work for me. But even the VMax ported intake doesn't look like the VMax throttle body porting.
Thanks Indeed . Sorry about the link. Instead, I just took the link out and posted pictures of it instead, so people can view it easier.

That's very true, the VMAX porting on the throttle body looks tons different than their porting on an intake. I just saw on SC2130's thread selling the VMAX ported intakes. However, it looks SOOO much better and different than the one I have. For a professional job by CPR, I thought it would actually look professional and ported on a greater basis. Mine looks very inconsistent in the markings, and the ports aren't even ported for some reason. I wish I knew if this was a normal porting job from CPR because they don't say anything about where and how they port intake manifolds. In CPR's "for sale" thread, I asked them if they had any pictures of their ported intake manifolds and their ported throttle bodies, and they haven't taken any pictures of it since they installed all of them on customers cars right away. They explained that all porting jobs look basically the same. Now that I see the difference in a porting job from CPR (if this is in fact a porting job done by them), versus a porting job done by VMAX, it is absolutely different and drastically noticeable. Here is the link to the for sale thread by CPR for ported intake manifolds and throttle bodies: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264654
Old 01-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #47
TCAT

I just read in one of CPR's other for sale threads regarding ported intake manifolds, and throttle boddies, that Joe stated, "couldn't tell you what we do differently from vmax as i have never seen their intake, just that we port everything we can get to. the intake never gets cut open!". It can be found in this thread/post: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...56&postcount=8

So, the ported intake manifold that I received doesn't fit that description. My manifold doesn't have that much porting done at all. Something just doesn't add up, especially when CPR explains that they port everything they can get to. When you see pictures of a fully ported intake, you'll see what I mean, as porting is almost everywhere, and it's noticeable. Either CPR did not do this porting job and the seller stated that they did (who knows, maybe the seller bought it used and was told CPR ported it, or maybe the seller lied to me), or CPR did do this porting job and they simply did not port much of the intake at all.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #48
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Old 01-13-2013, 01:46 AM   #49
TCAT

Well, I got some information from the seller that may help clarify some of the porting issues. I asked the seller if the intake that was sold to me was preowned before her, or if she was the only owner of it. She purchased the ported intake used from another individual. Once I explained to her that the porting job looked absolutely horrible, and had correlation with a professional ported job that conpanies like CPR, VMAX, or other performance shops would perform. She explained that she thought all porting jobs were practically the same. She does know that it's ported, but she's not sure if its really from CPR or not. She stated that she would have no real way of finding out if the ported intake was really ported by CPR because she likely won't be able to find a way to get in contact with the previous owner of the intake before her. So, if what she's saying is correct, it sounds like she may have been told that this ported intake was ported by CPR when I highly doubly a crappy porting job like this would come from CPR, and the person that sold this to her most likely lied by saying it was ported by CPR.

However, I'll wait until CPR chimes in to see if this looks like their porting job. If it turns out to be a port job NOT done by CPR, this intake needs to go back to the seller. Before I purchased this intake manifold, I asked what company ported the intake, and was told CPR. So, I was under the impression I was obviously getting a CPR ported LS3 intake manifold. That doesn't seem to be the case. The seller may be totally in the blue about all this info., as she may have actually thought the intake was ported by CPR, but if it isn't, that's not my responsibility, as I paid for a ported intake manifold done by CPR. The logical thing to do would be to ensure my money is refunded via PayPal (unfortunately I think the only way to do that is to escalate the dispute to a claim, but I don't want that to hurt the sellers PayPal buying/selling power in any way), then ship the product back after that.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #50
TCAT

Bingo, just as I expected, CPR confirmed that this intake that I purchased is NOT ported by CPR. So, when I asked the seller who this was ported by, I was told CPR, and I purchased it because it was done by a professional shop. The one I have looks like a hack job. So, I'm sending it back to the seller.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #51
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Lets get you refunded, and let me know.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #52
TCAT

Thanks, I'll definitely be letting you know as soon as possible man.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #53
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Thanks, I'll definitely be letting you know as soon as possible man.
Damn. Hopefully it works out for you
Old 01-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #54
TCAT

Thanks man, I sure hope so too. It looks like everything will go smoothly for the most part, as I have faith in PayPal handling it properly.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #55
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Thanks man, I sure hope so too. It looks like everything will go smoothly for the most part, as I have faith in PayPal handling it properly.
Yeah, back when I had my 4th gen, I did something similar with a transmission. I got it, and it looked great on the outside, when I cracked it open I found out that it hadnt been rebuilt, just cleaned and painted the outside, probably after pulling it out of a wreck. The dude disappeared, and paypal denied my claim, saying that I was disputing a "detail" of the item, not the actual item.

Which we all know is BS, if a trans hasnt been rebuilt, the only re-usable part is the 100$ case haha.

And, it had the wrong input shaft, it was for a truck or something. I got totally handled. I learned my lesson though.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #56
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
wow.. hope everything works out for you TCAT!