The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 12-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #15
Stingray949

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
This site is so nice with none of this crap like above.....this belongs on CF with the reset of the trash threads...this pisses me off, actually.....
Agreed. Both with the spoiler and without look great. It is personal preference. Glen, your car looks great without the spoiler. I have an Artic white Z51 and got the TTV / carbon flash spoiler and mirrors so it looks pretty cool, but maybe someone else doesn't like it. That's life. Some people like blondes, some like brunettes.. Some like real boobs some like fake.

As for corvetteforum, that place is trash. I was banned because I made a thread outlining poor fitting Pfadt headers and the mods banned me from posting claiming I "interfered with a sale" because Pfadt whined about it and they banned me. Way to help consumers from wasting money on crap products.

This place has less egos and politics and let's keep it that way.
Stingray949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #16
CruznCorvette

Drives: 2014 C7
Chill out Glen. Don't let it bug ya.
I don't care for the Z-51 spoiler, it looks like an after thought / bolt on.
$450.00 saved in my opinion.
Maybe future models will have a true wing / spoiler built into the actual body of the rear fascia and not some bolt on piece. My .02
GM are you listening ??

CruznCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #17
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Yeah fellas... take it with a grain of salt. No need to lose cool or composure. Everyone has their own taste & preference. Just like everyone has their own personal opinion, including me and millions of others. Different strokes for different folks. In the end, we all love the C7 in every trim and option level, base or higher.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #18
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
Again, no offense intended to anyone, nothing personal. The C7 is great regardless. But, the car is not beyond criticism and critique. Some are just too sensitive. We should be able to intelligently critically evaluate and discuss the C7 without personal attacks.

I just believe the rear brake light would look better integrated lower into the trunk top giving the rear end and trunk a cleaner look and not also give the appearance of a pretender spoiler. I look at that protrusion and think, "Spoiler, really?" The rear light upward rear light protrusion gives the appearance of a non-functional faux spoiler, that to me looks kinda silly, and I believe would look better without it. Does anyone really believe this shall actually function as a spoiler? I also believe ALL C7s deserve a functioning real spoiler, after all, all our C7s are 455-460hp with 0-60 in about 3.8. Bet that's one of the first thing Chevy changes on future releases.

So, I stand by my opinion without apology that it looks like a duck-tail, and again 75% of ordered the Z51 with the Z51 spoiler. This is not to mention all those who ordered the Z51 spoiler as an option. So, let us discuss, and agree to disagree, but not be disagreeable.

Last edited by Richardlord; 12-08-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #19
DocHolliday

Drives: '14 Blade Silver Z51
Quote:
This site is so nice with none of this crap like above.....this belongs on CF with the reset of the trash threads...this pisses me off, actually.....
I generally agree with much (not all) of what you say Glen, and truly like the look of your car; I've said as much in numerous threads. But you yourself jumped on the pile here in this thread by saying the Z51 spoiler "looks so added on" which is nothing less than derogatory to those of us who prefer the Z51 spoiler. Can't have it both ways…nice friendly forum so long as everyone has your taste. In any case, I love that this forum is less confrontational and hope it stays that way, but I think there's real potential for this to go south as well with the OPs post and others jumping on to call another cosmetic issue "added on" etc.

When it comes to cosmetic or appearance issues we all have our own opinions and the way those opinions are conveyed go a long way in maintaining a civil and friendly environment.

Back to the original point…the choice between the two spoilers; I like the Z51 style but agree with Glen's point that the smaller non Z51 style does make the rear end look a little wider and "powerful"…not sure if thats the right word but I get the point.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #20
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
I generally agree with much (not all) of what you say Glen, and truly like the look of your car; I've said as much in numerous threads. But you yourself jumped on the pile here in this thread by saying the Z51 spoiler "looks so added on" which is nothing less than derogatory to those of us who prefer the Z51 spoiler. .
Since you want to keep discussing this....sorry doc, I said it looks "added on" - nothing more - a design comment.....I consider this a lot more nasty and out of line than my comment:

To me looks like a 50's duck-tail haircut , or a stupid looking little rear duck-tail hanging off some kid's head, or a rear-end spoiler fart-turd.

and as far as "let's keep this nice"...when someone is out of line in my opin, I'm gonna call them on it...and they certainly can do the same like you have done , and it's cool with me....post 8 clearly shows the mods thought this was a bad thread too...

done here....

PS..not anti spoiler...pondering the wing as I can see the shoulders thru it....and yes, it will still look added on a bit....

Last edited by Glen e; 12-08-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #21
DocHolliday

Drives: '14 Blade Silver Z51
fair enough Glen, like you - I don't have a problem with being called out, I respect that. And agree 100% that the OP of the thread was out of line. Either way…I love this car!
Old 12-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #22
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
fair enough Glen, like you - I don't have a problem with being called out, I respect that. And agree 100% that the OP of the thread was out of line. Either way…I love this car!
thanks Doc, and the spoiler or who likes my car is never part of the equation...people can hate what I do to my car if they give me a reason why they don't like it and I will listen intently.......to tell you the truth, I would have reacted the same way to the post if I had a z51!

so what do you think of the wing? It eliminates a huge obstacle for me - it is open and does not block the shoulder or the rear window look...but maybe too boy racer?...Hmmm pondering the pros and cons....

stay tuned, if I can get lashway to help me yank the back end off....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #23
1KUIKC7

Drives: 2015 Zo6 3zl
I like the Z51 spoiler but its okay if you like it with out it to. depends on your preference its all good!!
1KUIKC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #24
AGFC-7

Drives: 2007 C-6
You know there are many reasons I did not want the Z51 package. But the one and last reason was that IMO the spoiler just looks out of place. Again the car looks great either way but for me it is better looking without the big spoiler. As said the non Z spoiler is most likely not even a spoiler but a brake light.
But I would never consider going so far out on a limb as saying anything more deragatory about it. Some guys like Blondes and some don't. Same with the spoiler, enough said.
AGFC-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #25
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
Golly, you'd think I questioned the virtue of somebody's sister, or in the south, somebody's dog. Touchy, touchy! The non-Z51 rear brake light/spoiler just looks under-engineered for a 460hp sports car. This is not a Mazda Miata. In referring to it, I bet the Corvette world comes to refer to it as the "Duck Tail" - not very complimentary. Chevy should have given all C7s the Z51 spoiler, and/or given us all option upgrades with the Z51 spoiler as the base spoiler. Thread is tough but fair. Can we please handle the truth or at least the question? I bet Chevy oft changes the spoiler, the non-Z51 spoiler in particular in future years, and a lot of us change it ourselves. Maybe a spoiler or wing over it shall render the non-Z51 rear brake light only as that and not be confused as a spoiler. Here is one example and I am sure there are others and shall be lots more.

http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-1...FRBnOgod0isAWQ

Last edited by Richardlord; 12-09-2013 at 02:22 AM.
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #26
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
so what do you think of the wing? It eliminates a huge obstacle for me - it is open and does not block the shoulder or the rear window look...but maybe too boy racer?...Hmmm pondering the pros and cons....

stay tuned, if I can get lashway to help me yank the back end off....
Not bad at all, I like it and don't think it's ricer.... to me ricer-type wing on consumer production cars would look like this. If you have that installed Glen, it'll be unique (since it's still a seldomly ordered GM option) plus it's a genuine OEM product. And I don't even think it's too much high-rise looking so it's a bit misleading for GM to name it as such. Good luck with whichever path you take, can't go wrong with or without.

And more pics...

Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #27
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
I think it looks absolutely terrible either way.

Just kidding, I agree that it's all about personal preference. I'm actually torn on which one I like better, in my opinion they both look great.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #28
vettefan

Drives: C7 2LT Cyber Grey
No spoiler, just brake lights.

Dorky? I don't think so.

Gotta admit, kinda like those round tail lights too!
Attached Images

vettefan is offline   Reply With Quote