Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #211
severianb

Drives: Civic Si
Quote:
Originally Posted by green man View Post
Sorry, but a muscle car has to have 8 cylinders minimum and LSD. You can have a nice GT cruiser with a potent straight/V6 but not a muscle car. The 335i is a freaking beast with $400 in mods but it isn't a muscle car.

A V6 Camaro/Mustang is like a picking up on a girl with a stuffed bra, man they sure look nice until you take off the sweater and realize there's nothing under there; of course you bang her anyways but you still feel a little short changed.

Please post more, you are a very funny man.
Of course, that's probably because I agree with everything you've said.
severianb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:21 PM   #212
OverZeaLouS

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS & 16 acura TLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplhaizcraz3 View Post
I hope your joking...
Lol... I guess the truth hurts. Honestly though, I've driven the genesis coupe v6 a few times. I never rented the v6 camaro but have rented the 2SS a couple times. And he's right. The genesis is a fast car. And it truely handles like a real sports car. You have a 2lt/rs. I'm sure the performance feels acceptable to you. But driving an SS. Though its fast it has tremendous heft. What I like most about the 2SS is not performance. Its the ridiculous amount of comfort. Then the crankin azz engine is off the chain. The camaro feelss like on a track it would be pretty tossable on a track for its size. The gencoupe is just all round tossable. Its a different breed of car. Its slightly hard to compare.

I guess in the end if you are buying a V6 camaro, you really aren't buying performance. (Though camaro performance doesn't seem terrible on paper. But at nearly 3800lbs vs. 3389lbs for a fully loaded track gen. The gen is way more tossable. Way more athletic. Fits in between cars a whole lot better when switching lanes. Virtually has no blind spot and its exhaust is more aggressive than a stock V8 camaro. I dare anyone smack talking to test drive a genesis coupe. I'm not sayin you will want to change cars. I understand the camaro is more of an emotional buy than a performance choice in V6 form what I am saying is you will see how true of a sports car hyundai has put together. It carries its own character.

All of u get so pissed about the genny. Lmao! I should be the pissed one. I'm a G37 driver. That car has tried to benchmark my car.NOT the camaro.

What can I say about the genesis coupe vs the G37s. If you buy a used 08 G37s/5at for performance reasons. You wasted your money. If you bought an 09 with the 7at. Then the G37s is superior. Interiors... there's no comparison material wise. The G is better. But functionality I give it to the gen. Unless you are hooked on luxury, the gen has enough to satisfy tech and comfort needs. Just not as much as my G. Its 180lbs lighter than my G. And the steering feel is better until you get wider tires and a tune on the G. Then the steering feel is on par with the genny. So I can honestly tell you that steering feel on a car 12k less than mine is better??? I don't see why you camaro owners are getting your panties in a bunch??? Oh maybe its cuz this thread began with "CAMI VS GENESIS COUPE, LOL." Lol turned out genny is not only good on paper..

And for car snobs... sayin its still a hyundai. Chevy has had a crap load of sh1tbomb cars too. More than hyundai. Remember the cavalier, lumina, lumina van, baretta, fwd monte carlo??? Why?? I'm not even gonna touch that one. And I'm leavin out a bunch more and excluding other GM cars. All car companies have winners and losers. In 96 chevy had the sickest re-entry of the impala. Look what they turned it into.
Then chevy has its hot cars. The new malibu, camaro, corvette, new equinox and the upcoming aveo is finally gonna look respectable... I love what GM is doing. I love what hyundai is doing.
But I'm angry at GM as well for pocketing money from loyal GM customers and selling cars at high prices. In the recent past GM had 40k cars with 20k build quality. And 20k cars with no quality. I'm glad to see the 80's, 90's and early 2k days are finally almost over.

GM is owning the domestics again and hyundai is starting to get some own staus on imports. Honestly as a nissan owner. Its a welcoming change. Maybe now since underdogs are shining. All car companies will compete for our dollar. Which means, we will get more for our dollar. As a consumer, I'm with that.
OverZeaLouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:22 PM   #213
severianb

Drives: Civic Si
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverZeaLouS View Post
Chevy has had a crap load of sh1tbomb cars too. More than hyundai. Remember the cavalier...
Ok, I was agreeing with you up to this point. I have MANY fond memories of going on beer runs in rusted out Cavaliers. One of my friends had a Z24 v6 rusted out Cavalier, and that baby sure could fly. The Cavalier was one of the greatest cars ever made.... so watch your mouth.
5th Gen Camaro LS3... still researching, deciding on upgrades and color, etc.
severianb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:25 PM   #214
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
Ok, I was agreeing with you up to this point. I have MANY fond memories of going on beer runs in rusted out Cavaliers. One of my friends had a Z24 v6 rusted out Cavalier, and that baby sure could fly. The Cavalier was one of the greatest cars ever made.... so watch your mouth.
From my experience, if you take care of it, a cavalier will last a while.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:49 AM   #215
Bails

Drives: 07 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD2ssrs View Post
You probably dont know but hyundai is the most fuel efficent automaker in the U.S., this means they had to tune their "sports cars" accordingly. That is why the 2.0t is so slow in stock form.
They're the most fuel efficient automaker because they make a bunch of 130hp cars. Show me a hyundai that has 305hp and 31mpg, oh wait their 210hp 4 cylinder can't even top Ford's V6 mpg. I'll be impressed with hyundai's fuel efficiency when they start making cars that can compete with more than Chevy and Ford's base level cars.
Bails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:27 AM   #216
OverZeaLouS

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS & 16 acura TLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sun View Post
soooo just because its a v6 its not a "muscle car" even though these cars are packing more power some of the v8s from back in the day?
That's your problem right there... you are still living back in the day. In 1988 a car that went from 0-60 in 8 seconds was a fast ass car. Hmmmmmmm. Would u be ok with a 8 second camaro? Lol. The 0-60 on the v6 is on the slow side for cars built in the last decade. So yeah. I don't car about 20 years ago. And honestly, if you didn't feel the same. You would be in a 4 banger malibu. They hit 60 in about 8 seconds. Jeeez. U guys just don't think before posting

My altima 3.5. I have for my wife does 0-60 in 5.8 seconds and does the quarter in 14.3. Its a pretty fast sports sedan. Slightly faster than the v6. I wouldn't call my wifes altima a muscle car. And lastly. If you think muscle is just a bodystyle? You are wrong. Otherwise the HHR would be a muscle car too. The definition of a muscle car is american built v8 engine crammed in a gt body. Pony car is a term that was made in 1965 to describe the mustang. Later on they called the challenger and camaro pony cars as well due to a similarity in body style.
OverZeaLouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:46 AM   #217
Anaconda

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 6-speed VR
Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #218
nak3dsnake

Lolz.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #219
HeHasReturned

Drives: GTI
I think the name calling needs to come to an end here...it was funny the first few times, but now it's just getting old

HeHasReturned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:42 AM   #220
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHasReturned View Post
I think the name calling needs to come to an end here...it was funny the first few times, but now it's just getting old
I agree. Insulting peoples opinions from behind a keyboard makes a person look like an ignorant fool. And its filling my mailbox with spam.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:38 PM   #221
green man

Drives: 1SS/RS M6
How many V6 novas, camaros, challengers, 'stangs...do you see on Barret Jackson's auctions? 0, because nobody wants one, they don't hold their value. In 15 -20 years people will be wanting the SS while the V6's will be in the junk yards or in shops getting LS swaps...
Old 06-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #222
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by green man View Post
How many V6 novas, camaros, challengers, 'stangs...do you see on Barret Jackson's auctions? 0, because nobody wants one, they don't hold their value. In 15 -20 years people will be wanting the SS while the V6's will be in the junk yards or in shops getting LS swaps...
Your point? Really...It's plainly obvious you don't like the V6 car...must you keep reminding everyone?

Folks -- the thread was just cleaned up...please stop the silly name-calling and bickering.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #223
nak3dsnake

There are V8 camaros out there that no one will touch, and that no one wants. Ive seen 350 iroc-z's go for 6 grand. The only real valuable years are the first generation cars, people really love the early muscle generation more than anything.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:45 PM   #224
nak3dsnake

I've got plenty experience to know what I'm talking about. My grandpa has raced from stock cars to sprints and he's been teaching me everything he knows for the past 11 years. Ive worked on more cars and big block engines than some of you ever will. So don't insult me.