Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-01-2014, 08:26 PM   #1
Fio13

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Pirelli P Zero Vs Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

In the market for new tires and was originally just going to put a new set of the stock Pirelli P zero back on my RS but I've been reading a lot of good things about the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta and may be leaning towards them now. Any opinions or personal experiences between the two, especially the Vredesteins, would be much appreciated.
Fio13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:49 PM   #2
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I liked the vreds a little better but they are very similar. It has been a while since i had either so i cant help with more details.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:57 PM   #3
lakersftbl69

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I'm doing 650rwhp and have the vreds I love them they hook great over 60-65 degrees anything lower and the car is sideways as it was when it was stock with pirellis. But then again when it's cold like that or bad weather I usually don't take the car out so it works for me. Idk exactly what you do with your car.
upgrades kooks 1 7/8" LTH w/ deleted cats, corsa exhaust, hurst short throw shifter stage 3 comp cam, 3.91 gears ecs kit blower, meth injection, upgraded axles, drive shaft, McLeod rxt clutch, fully forged 416ci stroker all installed and dyno tuned by slowhawk performance in bridgewater ma.
lakersftbl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #4
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta over stock perelli's.

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #5
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
vreds, have had them over a year, love them. Run better in wet/damp conditions, hook pretty good on the strip.

pzeros - could not wait to get the hell away from them. Zero traction any damp condition, I think they spun if there was frost on the ground.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #6
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
vreds, have had them over a year, love them. Run better in wet/damp conditions, hook pretty good on the strip.

pzeros - could not wait to get the hell away from them. Zero traction any damp condition, I think they spun if there was frost on the ground.
That last sentence didn't make sense. Did you mean they spun like you were driving on ice?

P-Zeros are warm weather tires. They come OEM on some of the fastest cars out there. They also have really good grip when the tires are warm. If the tires are cold, they suck.
That's why guys actually do burn outs at the track with them to get them to hook better. Normally, that wouldn't work all that well with a street tire. But I know from experience, P-Zeros grip a lot better after doing a nice burn out.

I'm not sure why GM went with P-Zeros (got a good deal on them) because a large part of the country is cold for half of the year. I would never recommend P-Zeros for anyone living in cooler climates.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:46 PM   #7
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
I got the VReds as well and love them! I've recently had my car tuned and wow, it really hooks up well with them. I know from 2nd to 3rd I hear the tires bark and grap with no loss of traction and the same going from 3rd to 4th. They just grip and as Hrpiii said, wet or damp they have excellent grip. Really, really like these tires......
Old 06-04-2014, 03:46 PM   #8
BitchinCamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post

My feelings exactly. My only hesitation in recommending them is that you can't get them at any normal tire shop. If you have a blow out in the middle of nowhere you are going to have to replace it with something that doesn't match.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:26 AM   #9
SS911

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Looks like the vreds have the lead. Was at the track yesterday and took my 100% stock 14 camaro ss with the pirrellis and heated them up a little bit and maaaannn they grip pretty damn good. 1.9 in the 60' 13.3 @105.
SS911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:16 PM   #10
2011ss/rs

Drives: 11 ss/rs RJT w/Black Cherry stripes
Send a message via AIM to 2011ss/rs
I just installed the Vreds and really like them a lot once I need new tires again I will buy the Vreds again.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:29 PM   #11
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
I have the Vreds and cant wait to get rid of them. But I am in a different climate than you. They are amazing in the rain, that's the only good thing about them. But I am in Arizona, not much rain.
The bad, they hook better out of the hole than the P-zeros but they don't have near as much grip in the corners. They also have less grip on left turns than they do on the right turns, this is attributed to the tread pattern, there is no left or right, just inside and outside. If they were available in lefts and rights I think that would negate the increased lack of traction on left handers.
Its a good budget tire, they were cheap, I am running 275 and 315 20's on a set of lightweight Cor Wheels, and I am making just over 700 rwhp. The P-zeros in 275 and 305 sizes were much better in handling and ride quality. They are also 4 seconds faster around on the road course I compared them at. With a lot less drama.

If your running stock sizes, check out Mickey Thompsons Street Comps, 300 TW, good ride, great handling and real good wet weather traction. Great price as well. They just don't offer anything wider than a 275 for me yet.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:40 PM   #12
simon.w
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS RS 6M Inferno Orange
I have been running Nitto Invos since I went to 22's ... serious traction issues at my HP/TQ.

Fitted Vredestein Ultrac Sessantra recently ... unbelievable difference!!! They hook up wayyyy better ... and as someone else said on the forum, you can feel when they are about to break loose ... so you can control the power better.

Also a lot smoother and quieter than the Nittos ... doesn't feel like I'm running on rubber bands any more.

Can not recommend them highly enough!!!

I'm definitely going to be fitting Vred's to my wife's MDX too.

simon.w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pirelli camaro tires, pirelli p-zero, tires, vredestein camaro tires, vredestein tires 20"