Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-07-2008, 05:23 PM   #71
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
not to start a fight but itunes is better ipods are better in general there customer service is great i have got about 3 new iphones cause i told them they were freezing and what are u going to do with a flash drive unless u have it in your car .no music,videos,photo,games on the go because u bought a flass drive.at least buy a shuffle then
I highly disagree.

I have an iriver player which plays all sorts of music I can download from all sorts of services without using the ridiculously crappy itunes program that takes over your PC, I can play or copy any music on to it I want. It was way cheaper than an Ipod, AND i can use the USB cable to plug into my Camaro and play the tracks using the wheel controls on the sound system.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #72
jordan 572

Drives: none
at least u have an mp3 player iriver is nice but i dont get the flash drive that is like getting a cd and only getting to use it in ur car when u can have an mp3 player that goes with u anywhere
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:23 PM   #73
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
at least u have an mp3 player iriver is nice but i dont get the flash drive that is like getting a cd and only getting to use it in ur car when u can have an mp3 player that goes with u anywhere
MP3 player = hundreds of dollars...

flash drive = $5 to $20.. (for the same music capacity)

Do the math.. for strictly car use its almost stupid to buy something else especially if your practical and not tied to your multimedia 24/7/365
Old 11-07-2008, 09:10 PM   #74
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
I only use my MP3 Player (not an iPod) while at work through the computers speakers. I'd use it in the car if my car had a jack for it.

I can do both with a flash drive for less than I paid for the MP3 player. (And get a much larger capacity for music with the flash drive. As well as the ability to use the flash drive for information in addition to the music.)

I have only 2 issues with iPod, and one of them was remedied with the iPod Touch (but costs WAY too much).

I hate that iPod doesn't allow you to use the MP3's (they're not technically MP3's in an iPod) in any other device that isn't an iPod.

And I absolutely despise that thumbwheel navigation in the iPods other than the Touch.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:23 PM   #75
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post

I laugh at your suburbans
Lets just say i'm not too scared.. I got a longer range than you. Nice short game though>
Old 11-07-2008, 09:30 PM   #76
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post

I laugh at your suburbans
Sweet...
Old 11-07-2008, 11:30 PM   #77
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Quote:
not to start a fight but itunes is better ipods are better in general there customer service is great i have got about 3 new iphones cause i told them they were freezing and what are u going to do with a flash drive unless u have it in your car .no music,videos,photo,games on the go because u bought a flass drive.at least buy a shuffle then
iTunes sucks balls dude. And that's coming from someone who owns an iPod classic, shuffle, nano, and 2 iPhones.

Dude, you'd have to have your iPod in the car too, thumb drive is way smaller.

Shuffle is useless in the camaro - you won't be able to control it from the radio because you'd have to use the aux (analog) jack. Thumb drives are easy and cheap. Just drag and drop your mp3s onto it. No 30 minute sync times to worry about.

Also I'd be willing to wager you'd have to use the analog jack for the iPhone as well since the camaro most likely won't know how to interface with OS X for the iPhone. If it does that would rock, especially if it can work with mobile apps like pandora, but for now planning on using that aux jack. The iPhone is the only thing I always carry with me. Thumb drive is the next easiest thing that the radio will hopefully be able to control.
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #78
Belo

Drives: 98 Heavily Modded Pontiac GTP
Still wish there was a nav screen. Then you could watch video clips too :(
Old 11-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #79
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
I have a cheapy DUAL stereo in my Suzuki and it has USB. I use a flash drive for all my music and although I also have an AUX input I find I do not use my iPod as often as the USB drive. It never runs out of battery and I just leave it permanently plugged in. I'm really hoping the Camaro USB and Bluetooth work as well as my cheapy DUAL because I would like to leave stereo stock.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:59 PM   #80
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belo View Post
Still wish there was a nav screen. Then you could watch video clips too :(
I concur.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #81
BigOSUfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 6.2L
I have an SS1 and it did not come with the usb jack in the armrest. I'm in the process of checking to see if there is an aux in the back of the radio but it is not easy to get to. Has anyone pulled out the radio yet?
BigOSUfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #82
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOSUfan View Post
I have an SS1 and it did not come with the usb jack in the armrest. I'm in the process of checking to see if there is an aux in the back of the radio but it is not easy to get to. Has anyone pulled out the radio yet?
The USB is apart of the PDIM module. The 1SS does not have the PDIM with the USB port.

The question is, if you get a PDIM from a 2SS, will it work on a 1SS radio?
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2009, 10:07 AM   #83
BigOSUfan

Thanks for the info on the PDIM module. I looked it up on some of the other forums and see what you are talking about. Let me put a thought out there and see what you think? I am thinking that the PDIM just routes the signal from the usb to the radio. I am guessing that the radio is already set up to receive and process from an aux source. Just like aftermarket radios do now, with a plug in the back. So if I can get wiring diagram for the radio it should have an aux line in? Then I just have to tap in and the radio, when set to aux, should pick it up and process it? just a thought....let me know what you think?
Old 09-09-2009, 10:10 AM   #84
BigOSUfan

hey did you ever get the skid shift eliminator? I put it on last week and it works great! got it on ebay...