Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-04-2016, 06:56 PM   #1
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
6th gen review after seeing it at local auto show. Rear looks way better in person!

Ok 1st, I'm making my mea culpa; the rear does look 10x better in person, and the the rest of the car too!! Color was nightfall grey and interior was Kalahari (orange/tan) leather. 2SS auto with every option on it, 58k canadian dollars.

It has a 'stingray design' and it blends very well IMO, and this applies to the rear end too. I gotta say it looks bad on a picture, but in real life its 100x better. I'm glad I was wrong!

Interior is badass and it looks better than most of the cars outhere IMO. Better than the Mustang, even if the Mustang interior is great too, for reference. It comes down to preference and I wouldnt mind having any of those 2 or even the Challenger for what it matters.

Front end is very agressive, wheels look great, brakes upgrade is something too to look at!

Here is the only negative point; REAR SEATS ARE A COMPLETE JOKE. Those are the smallest/thinnest seats I have ever seen in any machine ever. Seriously, if you think there is no space in the rear in a 5th gen, you are not even close about what you think small is!! It is for child under 10years old, and I'm not exagerating a bit. I sat there; front seat have to be positionned so close to the steering wheels to have enough room leg to barely fit, its hard to drive. Then the head room; anything over 5'3'' is going to result in broken neck.

Up front, seats are very comfortable and head room is as good as a 5th gen, or better, cant tell really.

Rear seats are for gym bag and such.

So overall, its a badass sports car, very fast, good looking, worth the money (based on the performance numbers and reviews). Its more a agile sports car than a muscle car now. I think 4cyl version are going to sell like hotcakes!! I'd be willing to have it for cheap, its a hell of a deal for a DD. But remember IT IS A 2 SEATER!! I think its going to hurt the sales a bit. Mustang is limousine compare to it, just to give you an idea.

I would mind buying a used one later, after my 1LE 5th gen is paid. I wont sell it for it though. 5th gen is going to stay a classic guys IMO.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:57 PM   #2
BLK141SS

Drives: 2014 1SS M6 NPP
Yep, seen a red one last weekend and then a black one today. Both looked sharp and totally changed my mind on the looks. Both were V-6, I wanted to talk to the owner of the red one but he seemed to be a douchebag. He looked at my 14 SS and then sort of turned his nose up and switched lanes. Anyway, I wouldn't mind having one now that I've seen them on the road. The wheels on the red one were sweet, sort of a gunmetal gray. Might have to look into getting a set of those wheels for my ride.
BLK141SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:01 PM   #3
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
I saw one on the 101 the other day. A very nice blue metallic... I thought... okay, nice.

I also saw a white, brand new NSX... I thought... damn...

Sure, it runs close to 160k... but C'mon Chevy! The Camaro has so much potential... the 6th gen is very mild compared to one of these!

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:14 PM   #4
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
"So overall, its a badass sports car, very fast, good looking, worth the money..." Funny, there's another thread about sluggish 6 Gen sales where most are saying the polar opposite.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:37 PM   #5
mikeinmobile

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Haven't seen one picture of a 6th gen that I thought looked bad ass. Saw my 1st one on the road this week, saw it coming up in the rear view, dude passed and tucked in front of me in traffic,was behind it for a half mile. At first I thought it was a 5th but the rear end kept my attention as I thought that it was the coolest 2015 rear end I'd ever seen until I realized it was a 6th gen.. Car was a clean black ss w/a dealer plate and looked pretty damn cool to me.

Love my 11 and prefer it over the new ones, but they are definitely cool in the flesh. I dislike the pictures so much that I was surprised how much I liked it in person. Will be interesting to see a plain jane one in a different color but as of now a black ss looks mean. I hope they sell.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:37 AM   #6
1sikss

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
seen a 2015 next to a 2016.. i think the 2015 has a more aggressive rear end.. 6th gen looks a bit too soft and much thinner… front is nice.. i guess the performance wise is a good choice but looks wise doesn't look that much different from a 2015 5th gen IMO
wasn't enough to convince me to trade mine in for a new car note..
1sikss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 05:49 AM   #7
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
"So overall, its a badass sports car, very fast, good looking, worth the money..." Funny, there's another thread about sluggish 6 Gen sales where most are saying the polar opposite.
Its easy to understand the 4cyl is not produced yet, there is no convertible, no ZL1 ans its winter. It does make a big difference.

That said, 5th gen sales are going to be hard to beat. GM is gonna have to lower the price IMO 1st, unless 4cyl are selling like hotcakes, which I think will; I have never ever considered a 4cyl Muscle car but this Camaro best bang for the buck is the 4cyl and I would totally buy one and mod it for a DD: cheap on gaz and on price. Easy to mod.

Plp love the muscle car retro look. 5th gen and Challenger are the proof of this. Mustang does look retro a lot, from side/rear and long angular hood. Camaro looks futuristic like the C7. So I see the 4cyl beeing the biggest succes. I gotta admit the LS3 was easier to mod and a true "old school" pushrod V8. Cant argue that the LT1 is "better"...but those LS series are going to stick around for years..like the old SBC SBF. Classic engine, since 97'. 5th is more muscle car than the 6th gen.

I hope the Camaro is gonna stick around for good...

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 07:14 AM   #8
cb66

Drives: 13 2SS/RS HWSE Camaro # 959
Saw one last year on display, no more impressed in person as I was when I saw it in pictures. What I dislike most is the ugly lower grille on these cars . The sales will never beat the 5th Gen.If Those who disagree more power to ya , but from what I have seen in numerous post I'm not the only one that feels this way and I think the sales are showing that as well.
Roto Fab CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder series exhaust , Elite Engineering catch can, Range AFM delete ,Oracle LED side marker lights ,Plasma LED DRL Lights & harness, LED License Plate bulbs, Xpel Ultimate paint protection film.
cb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 07:47 AM   #9
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I was following one on the I-10 fwy at night and the rear tail lights do look like the stingrays....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:22 AM   #10
Capisce

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Personally I think the gen 5 rear was awful. Maybe because am younger and it just looked like they gave all the good looking tail lights to other cars and found some from a 1980s Camry to slap on the camaro. So flat, plain, and retro. I also really dislike the rear of the mustang. The front looks great but those tail lights... the angle, the design, that cheesy sequential light up for the blinker. I can't even consider the mustang because of it.

The gen 6 however... I believe they're moving in the right direction again. Love the style of the tail lights but think the rear end could use a little more development.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:27 AM   #11
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikss View Post
seen a 2015 next to a 2016.. i think the 2015 has a more aggressive rear end.. 6th gen looks a bit too soft and much thinner…
305s and a blade spoiler fix that...
Attached Images

Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 02:45 PM   #12
1sikss

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 6 View Post
That looks nice no doubt about it... But the rear is smaller and isn't as wide.. I'm running 335s on mine and the rear just looks aggressive and wide.. If I didn't have a Camaro I would definitely go for a 6th gen of course but they didn't make enough change to it imo to trade mines in
1sikss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:55 PM   #13
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I definitely agree with the OP in the sense that the car is worth seeing in person before finalizing an opinion, but in my case, I really don't care for the rear end at all. I've been at my dealership multiple times in the last month for routine things (battery replacement, state inspection, oil change) and have sat waiting in the show room where they always have at least one 2016 on display. The SS spoiler looks pretty bad, especially if it has rally stripes, letting you get a good appreciation for just how odd these look with vinyl wrapped both over the spoiler's top and underneath it to accentuate how tall ricey it looks. More than anything, though, you notice just how small these cars are even just from a few inches of size reduction. Get inside one, and it feels pretty cramped to be honest. Because they sort of slavishly kept the overall design and shape similar to the 5th gen (even though they had the capability to create literally *any* vision of the Camaro they wanted from the ground up on the alpha platform), certain design elements come a little too close for comfort that weren't previously an issue. The gauge cluster humps take up nearly half the height of the windshield, and the rear seats have taller backs which block more of the rear window. Those two aspects in particular blow my mind because it just makes visibility even worse in a car where there were already a lot of complaints.

A couple times, as I had my keys handed back to my 2011 SS, the service advisors have asked if I'm ready to "trade up" to the 6th gen. I've had to politely say "no." It's a matter of personal taste, but it's just not for me. I was more excited for this car before I actually saw one.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:22 PM   #14
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 6 View Post
Such a great shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Everybody's an expert....