Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-21-2010, 01:57 AM   #29
2010ABM

Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indescent_Exposure View Post
Oh, am I detecting hints of envy from you, ABM?! Only the jealous and inadequate would dare change the subject from blatant disobeying traffic laws to challenging my skills in English grammar and sentence construction.
(Scratches head)...why in the heck would I be envious of YOU in ANY way?! Get real dude.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:07 AM   #30
Kycamaross
RED JEWEL inthe BLUEGRASS

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 01 S-10 Xtreme
Hey, ABM, breath buddy breath. lol. Is it really worth it to get your blood pressure up over someone who obviously gets some sort of perverted satisfaction over blasting everyone in this thread and forum (there is some more of his rants in other threads)? Yes, it is overwhelmingly temptuous to try to argue with this guy, however you can relax with the knowledge that the majority of folks on this forum are friendly and bound by the common thread of our love of the 5th Gen Camaro. P.S. Nice color!!!
Kycamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:08 AM   #31
H3LLJumper

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS VIN#11184
I got two in three weeks as well. Mine were all BS as well.
Lingenfelter 550 HP TVS2300 Supercharger Package, Hennessey CAI, Pedders Extreme XA Drag Package and Sway Bars (waiting to take delivery) Painted gills, stripe, and bow ties, tinted windows to 30%, smoked lights, Orange headlight/fog light halos, NOWEEDS, and GMPP Exhaust
H3LLJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:09 AM   #32
2010ABM

Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kycamaross View Post
Hey, ABM, breath buddy breath. lol. Is it really worth it to get your blood pressure up over someone who obviously gets some sort of perverted satisfaction over blasting everyone in this thread and forum (there is some more of his rants in other threads)? Yes, it is overwhelmingly temptuous to try to argue with this guy, however you can relax with the knowledge that the majority of folks on this forum are friendly and bound by the common thread of our love of the 5th Gen Camaro. P.S. Nice color!!!
LOL. Trust me, this guy is not bothering me one bit. I should just do as everybody says and avoid feeding the troll. Oh well, I'm done arguing with him. And thanks!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:10 AM   #33
balthazar

Drives: Black 2SS/RS w/Ground Effects
Hahaha, he's still posting. I like him much better now that I can't read what he says.

And Pb, look he was a state trooper, and don't get me wrong, I do NOT envy that job at ALL. And primarily I just wanted to vent without a bunch of jackasses (NOT you) telling me I shouldn't have been speeding when I wasn't. It's not the end of the world, and hell it isn't even bad enough to complain (officially). Because, like I said, I don't envy that dudes job.

In the day to day functions of my job there is a NEARLY 0% chance some tweaker freak is going to try to shoot me. I wont ever have to chase someone on foot. Risk my life in a car chase. Be shot at (heh, hopefully). etc. etc. etc.

What pisses me off is that, there was no chance to explain what or why, he asked "why are you driving like that?" I got half a sentence out while he looked around my car before he just repeated the half sentence I'd said so far and just asked for my license. I had my hands up on the wheel (so he can see them, I don't want to be stressing this guy out and the way I see it one less stop where you worry about being shot at is a good thing.

I am being considerate of EVERY cop before they even get to my window. And you know how many times I've gotten ANY slack (let alone let off with a warning)? ZERO.

And all I ask in exchange is to be able to vent one g*ddamned time.

But NO. And you know what I'm going to do about it? Next time I get pulled over, it's gonna be hands on the wheel, polite as always.

Hell I'm not even going to say "viewing it from my perspective" in regards to him letting me explain that, look you know I wasn't being careless I knew where the one car around me was, I knew where people could turn out, I openend her up, and shut her down right away, just wanted to hear the car a little. Because you know what, even though the ticket was BS. If I had to deal with what they do...i would probably lump people together too.

My problem is giving me a ticket for something I didn't do.

Anyway, this is a mile and a half from as big a deal as being worth all this, I just needed to blow off some steam, an now that tardicus-prime has been put on ignore I've done that.

Seriously, if you go into that line of work, be safe man. Best of luck!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:11 AM   #34
balthazar

Drives: Black 2SS/RS w/Ground Effects
Sorry, not a bunch of jackasses, only two. A very definite minority!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:20 AM   #35
Kycamaross
RED JEWEL inthe BLUEGRASS

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 01 S-10 Xtreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazar View Post
Hahaha, he's still posting. I like him much better now that I can't read what he says.

And Pb, look he was a state trooper, and don't get me wrong, I do NOT envy that job at ALL. And primarily I just wanted to vent without a bunch of jackasses (NOT you) telling me I shouldn't have been speeding when I wasn't. It's not the end of the world, and hell it isn't even bad enough to complain (officially). Because, like I said, I don't envy that dudes job.

In the day to day functions of my job there is a NEARLY 0% chance some tweaker freak is going to try to shoot me. I wont ever have to chase someone on foot. Risk my life in a car chase. Be shot at (heh, hopefully). etc. etc. etc.

What pisses me off is that, there was no chance to explain what or why, he asked "why are you driving like that?" I got half a sentence out while he looked around my car before he just repeated the half sentence I'd said so far and just asked for my license. I had my hands up on the wheel (so he can see them, I don't want to be stressing this guy out and the way I see it one less stop where you worry about being shot at is a good thing.

I am being considerate of EVERY cop before they even get to my window. And you know how many times I've gotten ANY slack (let alone let off with a warning)? ZERO.

And all I ask in exchange is to be able to vent one g*ddamned time.

But NO. And you know what I'm going to do about it? Next time I get pulled over, it's gonna be hands on the wheel, polite as always.

Hell I'm not even going to say "viewing it from my perspective" in regards to him letting me explain that, look you know I wasn't being careless I knew where the one car around me was, I knew where people could turn out, I openend her up, and shut her down right away, just wanted to hear the car a little. Because you know what, even though the ticket was BS. If I had to deal with what they do...i would probably lump people together too.

My problem is giving me a ticket for something I didn't do.

Anyway, this is a mile and a half from as big a deal as being worth all this, I just needed to blow off some steam, an now that tardicus-prime has been put on ignore I've done that.

Seriously, if you go into that line of work, be safe man. Best of luck!
Hey, Balthazar,

Relax a little buddy. You have every right to vent, and it's an unfortunate situation that one particular person on this thread took that away from you. I don't believe in any way you were looking for sympathy. Now here is the Kicker. I am a retired Police Officer in KY. (yes, small town). I will be the first to admit to you that there is a small minority of Officer, nationwide that have what is called a "God Complex". It appears my friend you have been the "lucky" one to get these guys every time. I operated under the pretense that with power comes responsibility. I never pulled over until someone hit 15 mph. At that point it is kind of hard to argue the point of breaking the limit or not. I truly wish that you would have had a better experience with Law Enforcement in your area. And unlike "Mr. shove his oppinion in everybody's face" I happen to pick out from your post that you do have respect for Law Enforcement despite your unfavorable experience. Anyway, dude, ignore that guy, and you vent any damn time you want to!!
Kycamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:20 AM   #36
StuntmanMike

Drives: Impressive. Scary tends to impress.
Quote:
Well what the hell did he hope to gain by whining about speeding tickets he was responsible for. Rhetoric my ass. It is the friggin law!
StuntmanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:25 AM   #37
StuntmanMike

Drives: Impressive. Scary tends to impress.
Quote:
Your "speeding" is completely subjective.
This is where you lose this argument. It's NOT subjective at all. The white sign says a number. If you are below that number, you are NOT speeding. If you are NOT speeding, the LAW that you have been cheerleading for so far says you are not due to receive a ticket.

What part of that is hard to grasp exactly?
StuntmanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:28 AM   #38
SS Drifter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I've been hearing a lot of rumors floating around that says that the police in cash-strapped states are being told to give no leeway in any infraction. You go 66 in a 65 and you get nabbed. They need the money.
It's not a rumor. And there's something seriously wrong when a fine, originally intended as a penalty, becomes a source of income for the government. IMO it's unconstitutional but, on the other hand I'm not corrupt so I'm opinion probably doesn't count.
SS Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:31 AM   #39
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I've been hearing a lot of rumors floating around that says that the police in cash-strapped states are being told to give no leeway in any infraction. You go 66 in a 65 and you get nabbed. They need the money.
I really don't think this is true, not in Florida anyway ... In reality it's not cost effective to just write tickets, the PD has to pay overtime for the LEO to show up for court ... So here it's just business as usual.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:42 AM   #40
Jarhead
Semper Fi Camaro

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Aqua Blue LS3 Gauge PKG
Old 04-21-2010, 06:53 AM   #41
Globemaster

Drives: 2010 2SS Bumble Bee
Quote:
0, all fixed.

I`m not fighting it and risking points
Explain 0 all fixed just want clarification on this one.
Globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:17 AM   #42
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:
F'ing fantastic...

Don't do 3/4 throttle in 2nd gear, thats rapid acceleration.

I'm not trying to say I hit a hard 1-2 shift, I was in first, normally shifting into second, once I hit second I got into it a little, hit the brakes.

So then when I say "huh" genuinely surprised thats what hes giving me a ticket for..."ok..." comes back with 15 over.

Was I doing 15 over? No. Did he know that. Yes. Did he also know there is no way I'm risking points so I'll just fix it. Yes.

Mother F'ER.

Just, don't do anything. Don't make ANY noise from your tires. Friend got popped for that (I was in the car, he SCRATCHED the tires, no burnout, just, scratched them). Don't make a lot of exhaust noise, ticket for that. Don't accelerate...rapidly...nice and arbitrary. Ticket for that. Two other people have gotten tickets for 5 over, I got popped for a speed trap a few weeks ago.

I'm pretty well GD sick of it at this point...literally, if they don't like ANYTHING about you, there is something to give you a ticket for.

Rapid acceleration...oooook...

You know the crap part is, I can't 100% blame them. Enough utter jackasses drive like COMPLETE a-holes...combine that with the state gov pissing money away for decades until they are all broke...hell, why not.

The incentive to NOT be an utter moron like everyone else is pretty low. You still get smacked down...might as well deserve it.

</pissed off rant>
I'm going to see if I can recruit that cop to patrol our local neighborhood. We have one street where many residential streets intersect that is about 2 miles long. I live a few house off of this street and constantly hear loud exhaust and speeding.

Personally I would like to put spike strips out in the road and flatten the tire of every idiot that is speeding over 20 mph on that street.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote