Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 10-18-2009, 07:12 PM   #1541
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunacan58 View Post
Heinzd...you dog! Did you go to the HH drive today? How did it go and were there many that showed up? I bet it was beautiful driving today! If anyone got pics I would love to see a post. Wish that Mrs. T and me could have joined you for the run, but Uncle Sam rquired my attendance to fix his airplanes. But you pay the taxes so I work for you also.
I enjoyed Hocking Hills. I posted some info in the other thread. Hopefully others will post what they thought and some pics.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=44686&page=2

Hopefully you can make the next event tuncan. We need to decide what the next event will be.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:25 PM   #1542
heinzd01

I mentioned to some of you that I'll be going to SEMA (www.semashow.com) soon with my friends at www.fourgeartrans.com . If there are any particular aftermarket parts you would like info/pics for, let me know and I'll try to find them.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:16 PM   #1543
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
I enjoyed Hocking Hills. I posted some info in the other thread. Hopefully others will post what they thought and some pics.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=44686&page=2
I added some pics there...
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #1544
heinzd01

Perhaps we could have a meet for anyone wanting to do the dash and door ABL mod and do them as a group.

Door ABL to extend light to dash
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41132

Dash ABL using EL wire (I saw this one in person at Oshawa and it looked great)
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47924
Old 10-19-2009, 01:04 PM   #1545
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Hello All,

I just ordered my 2SS/RS Black on Black w/ Sunroof,L99... NQKRF3
I gotta admit the whole process was easy considering i'm currently sitting in Afghanistan and did all over the internet.
Don Scott for Jake Sweeney made it very easy... I'll be home in Feb to take it home and enjoy... Can't wait
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #1546
heinzd01

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash84 View Post
Hello All,

I gotta admit the whole process was easy considering i'm currently sitting in Afghanistan and did all over the internet.
Don Scott for Jake Sweeney made it very easy... I'll be home in Feb to take it home and enjoy... Can't wait
Welcome cash84 and congrats on your order! Black looks great on the Camaro. I'm sure we have some members who will be able to get you a picture of the car when it comes in if you not home by then.

Keep save over there in Afghanistan. Be sure to check back in this thread for any meet and greet events we have in SW Ohio. A few of us are planning to drive down to the Camaro5 Fest in SW Georgia in April if you would want to join us.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:10 PM   #1547
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Quote:
I mentioned to some of you that I'll be going to SEMA (www.semashow.com) soon with my friends at www.fourgeartrans.com . If there are any particular aftermarket parts you would like info/pics for, let me know and I'll try to find them.
If you could check on bolt on grills for the upper and lower, that would be great. I'm looking for a replacement not one that goes over the factory grill.

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:16 PM   #1548
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Quote:
Welcome cash84 and congrats on your order! Black looks great on the Camaro. I'm sure we have some members who will be able to get you a picture of the car when it comes in if you not home by then.

Keep save over there in Afghanistan. Be sure to check back in this thread for any meet and greet events we have in SW Ohio. A few of us are planning to drive down to the Camaro5 Fest in SW Georgia in April if you would want to join us.
We'll even do the break in for you, so you can start having fun from day one!

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:23 PM   #1549
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Quote:
Perhaps we could have a meet for anyone wanting to do the dash and door ABL mod and do them as a group.
That would be cool. I like the lighting, but this isn't something I'd want to take on doing by myself.

Quote:
Congrats, and welcome!
Old 10-19-2009, 02:31 PM   #1550
tunacan58

Drives: 40th mustang/Camaro 2LT IOM
Quote:
Hello All,

Welcome Cash...You Army or Air Force? I'm Air Force...Keep your head down and your eyes open.. Return safe. Thanks for your service. Your family should be proud. Let me know if you need something and I will see if we can make it happen. You'll love the ride.
tunacan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:25 PM   #1551
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarliestMemory View Post
That would be cool. I like the lighting, but this isn't something I'd want to take on doing by myself.
I second that! I really want the ABL all the way. Lets have a group session...

So here is my day... a bit of history, last weekend we went horseback riding. Me and wife, her parents and her sister, two weiner dogs and 4 horses. Now our horse trailer is only a 3 horse with living quaters to sleep 3 so... we rented a travel trailer and borrowed a two horse bumper pull trailer. So this requires 3 trucks. We hooked the travel trailer to out 3/4 ton dodge, the horse trailer to her dads 1 ton dodge and the bumper pull to her dads 1/2 ton silverado. We head out and get to Lexington KY and the clutch goes out on the 1 ton. Its the second clutch to go out in 40,000 miles. So we drop the travel trailer and horse trailer, leave the travel trailer and hook the horse trailer to our dodge and we go on with the us and the 1/2 ton truck with small trailer and leave the in laws with the travel trailer and busted truck.... A few hours later they arrive at the camp ground with a borrowed truck and the camper. The 1 ton is at the didge dealer geting the clutch and flywheel replaced... for a second time in a year. So we have our weekend and come home, all is good.

Few days later we get a call that the truck is fixed. Well father in law wants to go pick it up today. I take him to Lexington to get the truck. When I am there, in the camaro with my red camaro hat on, I see 2 SRT8 challengers on the lot. $44K + $3000 LOA. I asked "ummm... what is LOA?" salesman says "Lack of avalibility" I reply "oh... mark up" and walk off. He then says "well we also have a really nice 2010 SS camaro over there" then I said "well I have a really nice 2010 SS camaro right on the other side of that building" So I go look at the car they have... Its a freaking 2SS/RS SIM with black hood/hockey stripes! It was auto with polished wheels but still WTF!

Then I go inside, a 3rd SRT8 with the mark up?! Lack of avalibility huh?? Oh well, gougers! YUCK!

So anyhow, the service dept is closed but we pay the cashier and get the keys. We noticed a rather large puddle under the truck but decided...ehh must be from some other car and take it. We get 70 miles and guess what... clutch is out again! Truck wont even move. So a rollback shows and it towing it back to Lexington tomorrow!

At least I got a nice cruise to Lexington through Paris. If you like farms and that type of scenery, drive from Maysville to Lexington... beautiful drive!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:40 AM   #1552
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Quote:

Thanks... Yeah i hope everything goes well and i can have the car at the dealer before i get home.. Looking like it's gonna be the 1st week of Feb. Dealer told me it should be 7-9 weeks. Don't know if that is accurate, but we will see. If it is there before i get home pics would be great!! Also i will still be overseas in,so i will miss the Camaro5 fest...
Old 10-20-2009, 03:41 AM   #1553
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunacan58 View Post
Welcome Cash...You Army or Air Force? I'm Air Force...Keep your head down and your eyes open.. Return safe. Thanks for your service. Your family should be proud. Let me know if you need something and I will see if we can make it happen. You'll love the ride.
Used to be in the Army! Now i'm DOD...
Old 10-20-2009, 03:43 AM   #1554
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC-Camaro View Post
We'll even do the break in for you, so you can start having fun from day one!

lol sorry but i have to pass on that... thanks

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?