Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 12-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #99
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Too late; by then I expect the body design will change and I won't like the vehicle anymore. I've already seen the future from what's coming in 2012. However, still interesting to see the next GM move in response to the 2013 Mustang.
The future? Do tell!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #100
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Silly question, but...anyone predict around what time frame in near or distant future we might get a glimpse of what the next body style would be like? Many of you guys have followed the Gen5 way back prior to the release of the Gen 5 body, and I wonder how long prior to official pics the body was seen and photographed by spy shots.

Last edited by OldScoolCamaro; 12-29-2011 at 08:17 PM.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #101
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
I suspect the test mules for the driveline etc. will wear ATS clothing...so, in a way, the Gen-6 Camaro will "hide in plain sight"...

As for a definitive pic, spy'd or otherwise...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #102
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Silly question, but...anyone predict around what time frame in near or distant future we might get a glimpse of what the next body style would be like? Many of you guys have followed the Gen5 way back prior to the release of the Gen 5 body, and I wonder how long prior to official pics the body was seen and photographed by spy shots.
I'd expect to see some spyshots of heavily camo'd 6th gens about a year and a half before the car is released.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:34 PM   #103
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I'd expect to see some spyshots of heavily camo'd 6th gens about a year and a half before the car is released.
Thanks DG, anyone care to speculate when this time may come about? When at the earliest should we see some signs of the Z-28 reincarnation, in artist conception or early spy shot form? Food for thought, and discussion. I wan't one more Z-28 before I pass on, with the goods of today's technology....while it's still semi-affordable.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:49 PM   #104
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Thanks DG, anyone care to speculate when this time may come about? When at the earliest should we see some signs of the Z-28 reincarnation, in artist conception or early spy shot form? Food for thought, and discussion. I wan't one more Z-28 before I pass on, with the goods of today's technology....while it's still semi-affordable.
We may have already seen spyshots of the Z28, and we may have seen a concept car from GM representing the Z28. And for all we know, there could be a number of test cars running around as we speak. To the average person (or even the enthusiast), it might just look like a modified Camaro ... and there's tons of those around the US. So if GM doesn't slap camo on it, we probably wouldn't even notice.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 12-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #105
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
We may have already seen spyshots of the Z28, and we may have seen a concept car from GM representing the Z28. And for all we know, there could be a number of test cars running around as we speak. To the average person (or even the enthusiast), it might just look like a modified Camaro ... and there's tons of those around the US. So if GM doesn't slap camo on it, we probably wouldn't even notice.
Interesting... we'll have to be more observant! Good points!
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:31 PM   #106
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Moral to the story; The best place to hide something is in plain sight....?
Old 12-30-2011, 12:19 AM   #107
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
To clarify what I meant, we've got the possible Z28 spyshot (also known as the 'ZL1 Track Pack')

Then there are the two different concept cars that GM showed off which may or may not have been Z28 previews. The SSX:

and the 1LE from this year:

And of course ... the possible 'hiding in plain sight' mules:

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 12-30-2011, 09:35 AM   #108
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

All valid points, DG.

Look for a MICHIGAN Manufacturer's Plate...on something that looks a lil bit "different"...perhaps hot-testing in the Desert SouthWest...perhaps cruisin' the urban jungle that is Metro Detroit...perhaps right down the street from YOU...

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 12-30-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #109
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

BTW, has anyone else noticed how this year's 1LE, with the substitution/addition of Black Wheels and a couple o' hash marks, looks eerily similar to SEMA '08's COPO LS7 version...?!

http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows...e/viewall.html
Old 12-30-2011, 10:36 PM   #110
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
BTW, has anyone else noticed how this year's 1LE, with the substitution/addition of Black Wheels and a couple o' hash marks, looks eerily similar to SEMA '08's COPO LS7 version...?!

LS7 concept got a lot of good reviews. And they listen.

It's almost as if they 1LE is them asking "You sure?"
Old 12-31-2011, 10:44 AM   #111
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post

Now that you mention it, did the hood ever get popped on the 1LE?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:06 PM   #112
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
The Z28 wont be arriving until the 6th Gen I bet. And it will be a HUGE blow to the new 6th Gen mustang because the new Camaro will be launching with a new Z28 model plus lighter and everything.

Tags
z/28 announced this fall