Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-15-2014, 08:33 PM   #29
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00ner View Post
Its a troll, pay it no attention.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:38 PM   #30
ORANGE CRUSSH
ORANGE CRUSSH

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n View Post
How great is it to get off work knowing your going to drive home in a Camaro. I really cant say my Sonata or Tucson ever gave me that rush of enjoyment right after work.
I literally get very happy towards the end of work just thinking about driving home. Sometimes I take the longest route home just to enjoy the ride... Most the time the roads are wide open and I can push the corner speed a little. So I push it about ten over to see how it handles... Having my winter set on is not as fun... I have the 9" rears and 8" front SS rims for now... Once March rolls around I will have my ZL1 rims back on... 11" rear and 10" front... YEA!!!!

I feel sorry for those that cant daily drive because of the weather... Here is a for you
I am with you 100% on this one brother
Old 01-15-2014, 08:51 PM   #31
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
Hope so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmaster View Post
My car has over 15,000 miles on it, is over a year old and still has its new car smell! I love it, crazy how it has remained. Brings me back to the first day I drove it every time.
Its a 2013 calm down , what the hell else would it smell like being a 2013. I would bet dollars to donuts my also garage kept 2010 smells newer then your 2013 with 15k to back angies point about the advantages of not driving the crap outta your car. Keep taking the long route also and beatin it up, your just helping our garage queen value in the long run.

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:05 PM   #32
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I daily drove my 2011 Camaro 2ss/rs convertible and I daily drive my 2013 2ss/rs coupe that I traded the auto for a stick with the color I wanted and other options I wanted and I love it, and my coworkers admire it. I may not have as much money as some, but myself and my wife have stressful jobs and we deserve our luxury. Of the hundreds of people we work with there are five Camaros I know of that are fifth gen Camaros, three are v-6, one modded very nicely the other two stock as far as I know. Myself and the other ss driver have done some modding and he has more money than me so his is ahead of mine as he already has a stage three cam, nitrous, k&n CAI, full borla exhaust with headers, custom tune, hurst shifter and painted engine cover etc. His car sounds great yet its a earlier Camaro I think a 2010 and do not think he has HUD, I have told him he should get a oil catch can and a separate clutch reservoir like I did for preventative care yet his is not a daily driver much. I have a CAI CAI, my custom wheels are not foose a million off wheels but came from rocket racing, my mods are slower and more deliberate due to lack of funds and wanting longevity from my car not just to be heard a half mile away stomping on it. I love my dual mode exhaust especially around cops!!!! This year I plan on headers a tune and a ported throttle body with my canned tuner I am buying. There is no doubt many love their cars, some of us more than others, and some for more long distance transportation. I have never posted to a daily driver thread and yes it is awesome to have such a nice car now after having for decades built up old chevies with small blocks and finally selling them off. My last a 406 chevelle ss had fiftys and was a gas hog and could burn rubber like crazy yet I know was not as fast as my Camaro I own now. I deserve the luxury, and I like the nice waves of people and complements and always park very safely. My ride to work may only be five miles through city traffic, and my car get five thousand or so miles a year but it is our car to battle the freeways with and to go to car shows, restaurants, shopping, and road trips in and our car to enjoy the power and beautiful lines of a modern muscle car in. I am paying for it and its my choice to daily drive it as I could drive another car and be in a lamer car yet why? And why would someone get so bent because some do drive it daily? If you want to treat your car as your precious garage queen so be it, but cars were and are meant to be driven.

Of the cars that I have owned that meant the most to me it would without a doubt the 1965 impala station wagon my grandparents put about a million miles on that I painted candy apple red and did the best I could to restore and drove for many years. It came with a tired .60 over 327 with fuelie heads that had been rebuilt twice. I eventually took the engine out and sold the heads for a good price as they were choice, the original trans I replaced with a th350 and sold off the original powerglide for circle track racers. One time it locked up on me and I just had to tap on the linkage to unfreeze it, amazing it took such a beating. When I sold the car along with two other classics around then it was a sad day, but as one man I can not drive so many cars and devote my time to them. I gave them good homes to poorer hot rodders as I used to be, they all had headers, edelbrock intakes and carbs, custom linkage and shift kitted transmissions with nice cam shafts. And of course they all had been worked on from one having 150 louvers in the hood and custom polished stainless everywhere, to another having custom painted finned aluminum firebird wheels with the background color being body color candy apple.

SO do not think if someone daily drives their cars they do not love them as much as you because you are dead wrong. What someone chooses to do with their life is theirs to decide, and you should be so blessed as those who were lucky enough to have bought one of my daily drivers from me. And yes mods do attract attention and improve performance, yet you hardly ever get any money out of them, and it was just the thing to do being a old school hot rodder to make them perform as a hobby and a way of life. That's what makes me a guy who can relate to everyone at a car show usually unless they are by a trailer queen and the rest of us laugh as they load it in their custom hauler. to us its a disgusting waste, and arrogance, and undeserving ever to be considered next to anything that's a daily driver. And why daily drivers rule and deserve to be seen as what they are, a real car.

Because in 1969 how many people would only drive their car a few miles then garage it? its rare to find a original car with low low miles, and when a hot rodder gets it he wants to drive it, then when it breaks or needs repair you fix it and make it better than it was stock. But those that put cars too much on a pedestal are a hoot. I cannot envision having that much money and would disgust myself. And while I may admire them for having a pristine example of the car, I also know I would want to drive like its meant to be. If you cannot drive it like you stole it, you are a waste of space.

I do not mean abuse it, I mean appreciate it, and cherish your time on this earth as everyday you do not know when your time is up. My grandpa was a aerospace engineer for NASA, he built booster rockets for the Apollo space program and worked at places like Edwards air force base etc. He bought the 65 Impala wagon new for my grandma Madelon and it was a orchid pink with a twelve bolt posi and 327 instead of the 396 because they drove a lot in life and commuted eventually for his health as he had black lung etc....and smoked and was a train engineer in ww2. They would go to Mexico in the winter and come here to Oregon and California in the summer. They hit a horse with the Impala and had it body worked down there because though it was on a road it was a crime down there to hit a horse. I know, I personally stripped the car to bare metal and through layers of paint. My ex wife drove it over a little cliff once into a tree, And I had to replace the front bumper and the engine mounts and she was as good as new.

And I know the cars I restored all most likely motoring on and not some trailer queen, so lets hear it for the daily drivers... The 71 monte carlo with a 350/400, the 65 impala with a 327/350. the nova ss with the 350/350, the 73 chevelle ss clone with the 406/350, the 65 chevy pickup with the fuelie head 327/powerglide, the etc etc etc etc ALL were daily drivers for me. So take your placard you made for your car and get greasy using it to work on it. If you don't you don't deserve to drive it, that how a lot of us old timers feel. This was a post about daily drivers, and they are the real future of fueling inexpensive restorable classics by the thousands, and the ones on a pedestal as if they deserved it ...well sell them to the rich snob. As for me I can not afford to be arrogant I am too humble trying make a living and trying to just enjoy life.

And I am truly blessed to be where I am in life and to be alive and have such a nice car and good faithful wife. And yes she truly deserves driving her new fully optioned new top of the line car. And here they rarely use what many assume is salt in their areas, its usually a chemical that's a lot more environmentally friendly. I know I used to drive snow plow and spray deicer, I work for the government. SO enjoy life!!! And revel in your good fortune when you can, for life is a bumpy road. I am a disabled vet who works training inmates in construction and grounds keeping at a maximum security prison, the one with the least likelihood of having a criminal reoffend in the USA ! And I am for the most part damn proud of my fellow employees many of us veterans who have the shortest average life expectancy of about any job of 58 yrs old. Yes I deserve to Live my life as I choose fit, And so do you thanks to the sacrifices of many. God bless our troops and those who walk the thin line.

Well enough rambling, some people just IRK me. Here some humor for you, have a nice night, and if you cannot relate to my prison humor, oh well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Pfm_upp_c40
Old 01-15-2014, 09:05 PM   #33
Curley4301

Drives: 2011 2SS Summit White
"How great is it to get off work knowing your going to drive home in a Camaro. I really cant say my Sonata or Tucson ever gave me that rush of enjoyment right after work."

Ditto!
Curley4301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:08 PM   #34
Sp00ner

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curley4301 View Post
"How great is it to get off work knowing your going to drive home in a Camaro. I really cant say my Sonata or Tucson ever gave me that rush of enjoyment right after work."

Ditto!
Unfortunately, my drive home would be the same if I was in my Camaro, or an old Kia Sephia, 30-60 min of bumper to bumper traffic. :(
Sp00ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:09 PM   #35
Shift_Rejected
2010 2SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS (L99)
Dam, I feel guilty for Daily Driving it now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Man it feels so good to jump in my low mile, garage kept, showroom clean, still smells like new Camaro and whip around town on beautiful sunny days knowing that my baby is so spoiled that I dont have to beat and abuse her everyday with salt on the roads and idiots in parking lots. God I feel so sorry for people who drive their Camaros everyday. Here's a for you and a for the spoiled, loved garage queens. <dripping in sarcasm>

OP really? Good job on compensating and trying to convince yourself that its all good but for the ones that are fornuate enough to save our cars from daily abuse, its all good bc we really dont care that you drive it everyday and dont need to make stupid posts about our garaged babies....

So when's your next post? V6 vs V8 or how about Auto vs Manual?
Shift_Rejected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:18 PM   #36
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
no is it yours??? Every other day it seems there's these daily driver threads. They are as annoying as the v6 vs v8 or auto vs manual threads. Good you drive your car everyday. Who cares? I can afford to have another car as a daily, don't see me making posts bragging about how I feel sorry for people who have to make their Camaros a daily. Again who freaking cares? Oh well. Tis life.
If you don't like a thread just ignore it and move on to the next. Who freaking cares?
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:33 PM   #37
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Drives: 2011 VR M6
I drive mine to work, school, gym, my girls house, walmart, every damn where. If you keep yours in a garage; awesome! but i don't have that luxury at the moment..... well i have a 2001 Dodge Ram but what would you drive in sunny ole Florida??
Old 01-15-2014, 09:38 PM   #38
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
Mine is a daily driver.... I only drive 9 miles.... I'm enjoying the truck I have right now.... I wouldn't mind making mine a spoiled garage queen.... However we don't have bad weather down here (too often) and with my job there are just some days I need a little V8 therapy!
I agree with the OP I read his post as a sincere I'm sorry for those that suffer the horrible winters.... And being forced to keep theirs garaged.... But yes!!! I like driving mine... most days I simply cruise and enjoy the looks (so far only one other 14' has been spotted on the other side of town) but there are some days I'll take a back road and stretch her out just a little, I'm still in the break in phase!!!

Last edited by HollyVenus; 01-16-2014 at 08:06 AM.
HollyVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:45 PM   #39
DennisW1284

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS Silver
Funny that you mention that. I used to hate driving to and from work. Now that I have a Camaro I thoroughly enjoy it and look forward to it
Old 01-15-2014, 10:52 PM   #40
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

I can see how this, "Daily Driver Camaro Owners" can make people feel left out... Sorry about that, I thought people would read what I wrote and get the Idea that I enjoyed Driving my Car.. That was about it...

Instead they got the idea that for some reason I think daily drivers are somewhat better, or those that garage them have some issue...

Not even close, I could care less if you drive your car or not. I was wondering if people enjoy driving the car they own. I wanted to know if when you get off work because you drove a Camaro to work do you look forward to going home a little more.

Last edited by Ir0nM4n; 01-15-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:06 PM   #41
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
Its a 2013 calm down , what the hell else would it smell like being a 2013. I would bet dollars to donuts my also garage kept 2010 smells newer then your 2013 with 15k to back angies point about the advantages of not driving the crap outta your car. Keep taking the long route also and beatin it up, your just helping our garage queen value in the long run.
Wait what... Angie has no point...

Based on that you have no point...

This thread is not about you and if you daily drive or not...

Its about enjoying your car

The only thing I am sorry for is that some did not read beyond the title.

Others assume and then start a riot...

How about reading the entire post then making a comment...
Old 01-15-2014, 11:16 PM   #42
MissyTx
SPOILED

Drives: 2013 SIM Camaro Convertible
I totally feel the same way about my Camaro as you stated in your first post. You said nothing wrong, it's just over sensitive people that get butt hurt too easily because they desperately need drama in their lives lol.

I bought my car to DRIVE, not to sit in a garage for me too look at while I send off monthly payments LOL, and if anyone else feels the opposite, that's ok too. We all have our own reasons for the way we treat/use our cars. I am not paying anyone else's car note or insurance, so they can do what they want with their own car To each his own.

Just wish we wouldn't have so much drama over insignificant differences (garage queens/daily drivers, V6/V8, Auto/Manual).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n View Post
I can see how this, "Daily Driver Camaro Owners" can make people feel left out... Sorry about that, I thought people would read what I wrote and get the Idea that I enjoyed Driving my Car.. That was about it...

Instead they got the idea that for some reason I think daily drivers are somewhat better, or those that garage them have some issue...

Not even close, I could care less if you drive your car or not. I was wondering if people enjoy driving the car they own. I wanted to know if when you get off work because you drove a Camaro to work do you look forward to going home a little more.
MissyTx is offline   Reply With Quote