Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #337
Chocolate Apocalypse
Full Fledged Member

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Okay, the concept and (pre)production cars are two different animals. Are they close, sure, do I prefer the concept over what I've seen so far, who wouldnt? The vert and hardtop concepts are perfect as far as I'm concerned, but concessions have to be made for the sake of mass production. Small things like the grille, headlights and taillights really dont concern me, if I dont like something, I'll change it. I'm sure the aftermarket will be all over the 5th gen so no worries. The funny thing is, when I saw the renderings for the 'new' 4th gen I was so excited but couldnt stand it when I saw actual pics and finally in person. However, I'm on my fifth 4th gen now, love the car! I've been in love with the 5th gen since the leaked photos of the red concept and still cant wait to get my hands on one. Will it be perfect, probably not, but for me a lot of the fun comes with customizing, making it my own. Chevy will have a hit on their hands but those who dont like it can always buy a Rustang or a Challenge(d)r, though buyers remorse soon follow I'm sure.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #338
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
maybe we should start reading everything in british accents? They always sound friendly.
Sounds good to me...
Old 07-13-2008, 02:17 PM   #339
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
to be quite honest i see that the ones who don't like the new front end are the ones being attacked more so than those who like it more...i've never said anything about anybody else's opinion i just stated my preferences and then you've got like 50 posts where people are telling those who feel that way that they are wrong basically telling us to fall in line or wait or be happy you didn't end up with something else...
Old 07-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #340
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrcr View Post
I do not know who started what, both sides have tossed some attacks that seemed aimed at someone 'personally' instead of critiquing the car...
I have been trying to be neutral (I think). I like the older front end, and I respect the right of those who prefer the newer one.
fair enough ok these are my ultimate sentiments...the car is pretty good and very close to the concept...

i love the black pre-production convertible ...as far as the front lower bumper...just give us a choice and i'll be happy....

the lower rear bump can be fixed through the aftermarket if you can make it smooth like the concept great if not i'm sure there is an aftermarket fix...

i want afterburner taillights would be awesome!

and the golden bowtie and i will probably be quite happy...

i hope fbod doesn't take any of my rants like i hate the car or something its just that the concept was perfection to me...and i don't like to see it go in another direction...

and pinkcamaro british accents would be funny and camaro lives on
Old 07-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #341
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
maybe we should start reading everything in british accents? They always sound friendly.

So, will you get getting an SS or a ZED Twenty Eight?
Old 07-13-2008, 02:22 PM   #342
lucerovski

Drives: '02 Earnhardt Monte Carlo SS
Send a message via MSN to lucerovski
Quote:
to be quite honest i see that the ones who don't like the new front end are the ones being attacked more so than those who like it more...i've never said anything about anybody else's opinion i just stated my preferences and then you've got like 50 posts where people are telling those who feel that way that they are wrong basically telling us to fall in line or wait or be happy you didn't end up with something else...
Whatever 'dude26. You specifically attacked my opinion. Told me I had weird taste. That emotionally scarred me for a good few hours. In fact, I had to schedule an emergency session with my therapist. Dr. Leary was great though. When I got all whiny he told me to "Shut the **** up." I felt so much better after that. Nobody ever told me that before.

Holy smoke, so I'm not enamored of the concept grille, big big frakkin' deal. Love the rest of the car.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:26 PM   #343
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Quote:

^^^used only the bold for vvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
So everyone working for George Lucas was thinking "Wow! This Jar-Jar guy is so cool! Everyone is going to love this guy! I'm so glad to be working on this movie! This is the best one yet!"
maybe it is a perception thing or the accent, but that type of statement appears to insinuate that the other side has no merit, no valid personal choice or opinion. let them

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #344
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
There are good reasons why there will be changes betw. concept and production....

1. Cost -- do you want an affordable Camaro or do you want it priced at Corvette territory?

2. Crashworthiness --we ALL wanted to put the gas filler where it was on the concept -- however, due to crashworthiness, it had to move. (we hate it when things leak -- or catch on fire..........)

3. Safety standards.

4. Owner usability: Some examples: Many told me they liked the concept door handles -- until I showed some of them that they are VERY hard to use -- that it's easy to scratch the paint -- and that long nails don't stand a chance. Mirrors -- looked cool -- couldn't see anything out of them. (but then, who wants to see all of those mustangs getting smaller in the mirror anyway, right???

5. Durability....we want the car to be as pleasing at 10 years old as it was when it was new. (that may be pushing it.......) Like the exhaust on the concept? We did too -- but forget going thru lifecycle tests - we simply could not execute them. (we tried......)

6. Bumper standards -- for both impact and licensing requirements.

I could continue for hours on this subject - I won't bore you anymore --

-- but the points are:

>you have not seen the final product.
>some of the pictures are V6/V8 cars combined --
>this car is so very close to the concept -- there ARE differences, but they are not glaring........
>you MAY have choices that you haven't thought of...............

and finally -- let's keep it friendly --

................. and watch the language......(one person in particular.....)

The word "Camaro" means 'friend, pal or comrade' -- let's aways keep this in mind. (and I'm guilty of not remembering that all the time as well......)
Old 07-13-2008, 02:41 PM   #345
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Who here is willing to eat crow when the reviews pour in and the media doesn't like the "new" face of the Camaro?
Me. I'm more than willing to admit I was wrong about something.....However, who's willing to eat crow when that (^) doesn't happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather
-- but the points are:

>this car is so very close to the concept -- there ARE differences, but they are not glaring........

The word "Camaro" means 'friend, pal or comrade' -- let's aways keep this in mind. (and I'm guilty of not remembering that all the time as well......)
Old 07-13-2008, 02:47 PM   #346
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome
Who here is willing to eat crow when the reviews pour in and the media doesn't like the "new" face of the Camaro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Me. I'm more than willing to admit I was wrong about something.....However, who's willing to eat crow when that (^) doesn't happen?

HEY... no one needs to eat crow -- let people like what they like, if you do not agree..... that does not automatically mean it is a conspiracy against the fact that YOU like / or do not like it.

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:56 PM   #347
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Alright, mates! Then that settles it! If you find something offensive go back and read it with a british accent. Its the new bloody rule. lol
Old 07-13-2008, 02:59 PM   #348
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
I'm working on a project that was 12 years in concept. Know what remains going into production??? Its still gray, has a number on the bow oh yea and it has guns and missiles! How cool is that...
The design and engineering world is faced with so many complex challenges its hard for someone on the outside looking in to really appreciate the efforts. The multitude of impacts is staggering. What Joe does with the seats impacts what Julie has to change on the rear view mirror. What Herman does with the new beefed up front bumper impacts what Shelia does with the placement of fog lights.... the list goes on and on. A 3 year wait for these types of details to be worked out is for you, the customer! Love them for the timeless efforts. Ask if something you don't like can be changed, not so quick to rush to judgement.
< Wife removing Rick from soap box><We intend to have a meet & greet with these people remember>
Rant over......
Old 07-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #349
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Alright, mates! Then that settles it! If you find something offensive go back and read it with a british accent. Its the new bloody rule. lol

Too right! It's all biscuits and tea, and bob's your uncle.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:11 PM   #350
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
There are good reasons why there will be changes betw. concept and production....

1. Cost -- do you want an affordable Camaro or do you want it priced at Corvette territory?

2. Crashworthiness --we ALL wanted to put the gas filler where it was on the concept -- however, due to crashworthiness, it had to move. (we hate it when things leak -- or catch on fire..........)

3. Safety standards.

4. Owner usability: Some examples: Many told me they liked the concept door handles -- until I showed some of them that they are VERY hard to use -- that it's easy to scratch the paint -- and that long nails don't stand a chance. Mirrors -- looked cool -- couldn't see anything out of them. (but then, who wants to see all of those mustangs getting smaller in the mirror anyway, right???

5. Durability....we want the car to be as pleasing at 10 years old as it was when it was new. (that may be pushing it.......) Like the exhaust on the concept? We did too -- but forget going thru lifecycle tests - we simply could not execute them. (we tried......)

6. Bumper standards -- for both impact and licensing requirements.

I could continue for hours on this subject - I won't bore you anymore --

-- but the points are:

Thanks for putting some reasoning behind the changes. I seem to like the new front bumper in the picture of the silver camaro SS photo better than the black even though they are the same. In the black photo in this thread, it doesn't look right. As for the original Camaro bumper, I do feel I have changed my mind about it again depending what color I choose. If I wanted to make a Bumblebee clone and spend extra money on the Valspar paint job, I would want the original concept front bumper for sure. At this point I don't think I will have the money for that on top of the premium the local dealers will be charging. I wish we could simply buy the camaro direct from GM instead of having to go thru dealers. I wonder why that hasn't happened since you could charge less money for it and still make more of a profit? Either way, I think if Bumblebee yellow isn't offered, or something close, I will go with a silver SS with the new bumper and be very happy about it. So thanks for all your input on this vehicle and just let us know when we could place orders for them at our local dealers.

Closed Thread