Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-22-2008, 05:37 PM   #57
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie Guy Z28 View Post
It just seems like it would be more likely to fail IMO , not that it will though! You know I don't think i've ever had a Camaro without the hood struts.

That bay is looking good though!

Mustangs come with prop-rods.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:38 PM   #58
No_Quarter

Drives: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
I want to see the V8 dammit.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #59
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3GM View Post
It is HUGE look at the gap between the radiator cowl and the front of the engine...
Also notice that the plastic engine cover is half missing.
Also notice how much accesss is available to install plumbing for Super chargers...
Finally, notice how the ABS system is on the passenger firewall as opposed to the front support bracket.... someone finally realize that too much tubing, and proximity to accidents is a cost factor....
Struts....starting to realize why the handling looked so poor on the "Ring" Looks like braces and towers are going to be the cure for up level mods, meaning they might just be thinking its a good idea to allow consumers to easily mod this car aftermarket... contrary to every other GM vehicle, save the Cobalt....

C3
engine bay is designed differently, radiator not laid back as it was in 4th gens
cover missing
s/c v-6...good possibility
ABS block needs to be moved off the car....lol no, but it does take up a lot of space and weighs a lot (15 lbs in the 4th gens), would be better if it was routed elsewhere, but oh well.
braces, sfcs will help any car. but depending on the way this zeta frame handles, we might not need them.
as far as the easy to mod, a lot of gm vehicles are easy to mod with aftermarket. what other vehicles have you had trouble with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOODLESgoneWILD View Post
Look how far back the engine sits in the bay, in relation to the strut arm supports....This car is going to be SO well balance...thats awesome
well, the reason it looks like it is sitting so far back is cus its missing 2 full cylinders on the front. lol look at the 4th gen motors and how far under the dash they were. then compare a 4th gen v-8 engine bay to a 4th gen v-6, a lot of difference without those two extra cyl and different accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie Guy Z28 View Post
It just seems like it would be more likely to fail IMO , not that it will though! You know I don't think i've ever had a Camaro without the hood struts.

That bay is looking good though!

the fly by wire is a great system...to an extent. while it give the computer more acurate readings from how far the t/b is actually open (seeing as how it is opening it). i would really hate for the motor in the t/b to fail at the wrong time. for me its just too much computer.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:50 PM   #60
Brangeta

Drives: '95 Z28 and '02 SS 35thLE
Interesting how big the air intake and air filter box is. This must be some sort of MONSTER V6.

I wonder why it only has 1 telescoping rod for holding the hood up? Hood must be composite or fiberglass instead of steel... but I'd still like two for symmetry.

Member of the Camaro5 - DFW Group
Brangeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:50 PM   #61
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
I hope these spy pics also mean that we'll get the hood cowl for the V6 model too.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:12 PM   #62
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
I disagree that at the track that was a V6, I have a fairly decent speaker system on my comp and there is no doubt in my mind it was a V8. I listened to it on a friends comp with the stock speakers and sounded crappy like everybody said. I think the car was traveling a lot faster than most people think, anybody watch Nascar or other racing?. Ignoring the time he let the Porsche pass.

Anyway, this car is going to be a best seller. I just cant wait for my V8 to show up, I'll have patience and faith til then.
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:16 PM   #63
alleykt123
err… MEOW!

Drives: 2005 GTO
Send a message via AIM to alleykt123 Send a message via Yahoo to alleykt123
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Quarter View Post
I want to see the V8 dammit.

Quote:
Motorcycle Cop: Whatcha got in the trunk?
J. Frank Parnell: Oh... You don't wanna look in there.

Repo Man
alleykt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:32 PM   #64
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brangeta View Post
Interesting how big the air intake and air filter box is. This must be some sort of MONSTER V6.

I wonder why it only has 1 telescoping rod for holding the hood up? Hood must be composite or fiberglass instead of steel... but I'd still like two for symmetry.

wow... just noticed the single hood strut. long ol sucker aint it.

i would imagine the hood is composite.

as for the air filter box, thats how a lot of cars are anymore. looks almost like the intake tract on the gto. or the mustang, or the charger, or any other number of decently powered vehicles. it still looks restrictive as crap. ill be swapping that out for either an LT1 style CAI or a vette style ram air setup coming right up under the car.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #65
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
You just compared the newest flagship American sportscar (Vette) and 3 highly modified Imports (Porsche!!! a BMW Z-car, and a MKIV Supra?) to the preproductions of the entry level $19k Camaro?

Sorry, but your post means nothing to me with that comparison.
amen..

I am sure anyone can even make a honda civic's engine LOOK like sparkling s--- with a lil work. Here is my concern...I don't give a damn what the thing looks like under the hood (of course a lil touch up is nice)...but as long as it has that legendary camaro crunch, then that is all that matters..period
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #66
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
it looks identical to the DI but is there a difference on the appearance of the 3.6 and the DI?
i want to know where the v8 motor shots are at???!!!
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:45 PM   #67
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneyTone View Post
So, in the germany vid alot of folks were saying that the car with the small wheel/tires was still a V-8 because of the exaust sound. I wonder if them folks were fooled by a V-6. Interesting.
Need to take a closer look at the vid. That guy in the background sure looks German to me. So the 6 got some track time too I'm guessing, that's great.

That VIN or whatever tape looks familiar from other pics. Is this the car you guys drove at the proving grounds?

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 05-22-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:57 PM   #68
Convertible Lady
Convertible Lady

Drives: 1969 camaro convertible
convertible Lady

I hope what I see isn't the case. I do hope that both side windows go down like on a real hardtop. We know that the convertible they have to, but I sure hope they do on the coupe too, it isn't a 2 dr hardtop in my thinking if not.
Convertible Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:59 PM   #69
camarokidz28

Drives: 1996 z28
man that looks clean under there but what I'm happy about is the fact that the v6 camaro will have 300 hp that is moor than the mustang GT and the challenger R/T how cool is that
camarokidz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #70
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
I can't believe none of you noticed the embossed under the hood on the insulator like on the 'Vette! That's awesome, however I guess that means the old Camaro red,white and blue with the bowtie on the bottom symbol is gone.

But I love the Bowtie anyway!!
Attached Images

My newest edition, Chevy V8 Power!
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote