Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #15
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Yep, like Becky said, its all the materials 'gassing out'.

Disturbingly enough tests show that a lot of 'new car smell' is things like formaldehyde and bromine (both toxic). Not so much an issue for adults, but in children the concentrations border on unsafe.

I know with the vettes and 5th gens GM has gone to a lot more earth/people friendly materials, thus some of the weird issues people have with door panels looking chalky, etc.
I have noticed that as well, just thought I wasn't cleaning it right..hmmmmmm
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:40 PM   #16
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
I have noticed that as well, just thought I wasn't cleaning it right..hmmmmmm
Naw... whatever the new 'eco friendly' material/manufacturing process is causes some issues. From what I can tell it almost seems to react to skin oils.

You can almost spot exactly where people have touched the interior on a brand new vette or camaro before the interior is cleaned.

It was much more pronounced of an issue on the first run of C6's... I have seen some that looked almost like someone dusted the door panels with baby powder. More recent ones seem to have much less of an issue, but it is weird.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #17
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Naw... whatever the new 'eco friendly' material/manufacturing process is causes some issues. From what I can tell it almost seems to react to skin oils.

You can almost spot exactly where people have touched the interior on a brand new vette or camaro before the interior is cleaned.

It was much more pronounced of an issue on the first run of C6's... I have seen some that looked almost like someone dusted the door panels with baby powder. More recent ones seem to have much less of an issue, but it is weird.
LMAO, I thought it was the microfibre fuzzing, so I got another one....same thing. I was beginning to wonder but this makes perfect sense since it mainly happens on the passengers side and that is where my sweety sits. Of course she put lotion on.

Ok back to the windows......Since we have long sloped front windows....I saw on TV an add for what looked like a broom handle with a window cleaning pad ( crude description) on the end to make it easier to reach. Do these work? can the be adapted to handle Adam's microfibre cleaning towels etc.....?
Old 07-25-2011, 01:12 PM   #18
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
LMAO, I thought it was the microfibre fuzzing, so I got another one....same thing. I was beginning to wonder but this makes perfect sense since it mainly happens on the passengers side and that is where my sweety sits. Of course she put lotion on.

Ok back to the windows......Since we have long sloped front windows....I saw on TV an add for what looked like a broom handle with a window cleaning pad ( crude description) on the end to make it easier to reach. Do these work? can the be adapted to handle Adam's microfibre cleaning towels etc.....?

I have one of these, it comes with a pretty decent glass cleaning cloth for it. Almost like the green one by adams. It cleans pretty well with Adams glass cleaner. I use it on the inside windshield and inside rear window.
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #19
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
If you don't have any of adams special window towels... the absolutly best thing to use is a newspaper. I know it sounds weird, put newspaper will clean your windows streak-free. Ask any stripper... that's what they clean all the mirrors with at their club.
well crap. I will go asked some strippers, but this is going to suck because if I have more questions, I will just have to keep going back to the strip club. This could get expensive for some glass cleaning questions.

me; honey, I'm going to the "glass consultants" to find out how to clean this right, got any $1's.
wife; Okay, why do you need $1's again?
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #20
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rage View Post
I have one of these, it comes with a pretty decent glass cleaning cloth for it. Almost like the green one by adams. It cleans pretty well with Adams glass cleaner. I use it on the inside windshield and inside rear window.
Thanks for the info. Do you have a link to it.....you can PM if you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
me; honey, I'm going to the "glass consultants" to find out how to clean this right, got any $1's.
I about fell out the chair on this one, that is good....Won't fly but a good one....LMAO
Old 07-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #21
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
well crap. I will go asked some strippers, but this is going to suck because if I have more questions, I will just have to keep going back to the strip club. This could get expensive for some glass cleaning questions.

It's times like these that you need a professional's advice...
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #22
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Quote:

Ah you mean like the little rags you get with your sunglasses to clean em? Gotcha then. Ill make a purchase after I move this week.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:45 PM   #23
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
I use paper towels on my glass and works great.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #24
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Hah hah. Strip club. Would anyone here go to a topless carwash.....nm lol.

I did buy one of those windshield wonders at Walgreens. Better than before! If I can make a bonnet from an Adams towel to replace the green one on the WW, I might be in bidness.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote