Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-02-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Painting Interior Trim & RS Headrest Embroidery

I've started the work on having my interior trim painted. So far I have the trim around the steering wheel and speedo done. The ultimate goal is to have the dash panels painted (looks WAY better than the ones GM sells) and then i'm going to do something with custom paint on the center area around the gauges and shifter.

I also had my headrests embroidered with RS emblems

Larger versions of the pics are available here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3690100...7623979063118/

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
LS/V6

Drives: 2SS\RS 1LE
Looks good man!!
Old 05-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Very Nice...
Old 05-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
looking good.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
Where did you get the RS insignia with your veh number from? Thx!

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #6
fastdoc436

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,35thLE/SS,30thAE/SS
Looks great!!! I presume that you pulled the steering wheel to paint it and how did you color the RS??
Oh...I just realized that you had the embroidery done...duh, sorry.

Last edited by fastdoc436; 05-02-2010 at 09:18 PM. Reason: light went on
fastdoc436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #7
Hillbilly
Rider of the short BUS

Drives: Ukon/F350(work)/Intruder800
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Where did you get the RS insignia with your veh number from? Thx!
Emblem Pros makes these. www.emblempros.com I think that is the correct address.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:28 PM   #8
DevilKnightFalcon

Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremefitnessny View Post
THE YELLOW LOOKS NICE ON THE INTERIOR, ARE U PLANNING ON PAINTING THE DOOR AND DASH PANELS, THEY STILL DONT MAKE THEM IN YELLOW, WHICH SUCKS!
Yes, I will be painting the dash and door panels to match. The thing about the ones GM was selling is that they weren't anywhere near the quality you will get from painting. GM painted the back of the clear plastic with low quality paint. By painting and clear coating the existing panels you get much MUCH better quality. Check out robertgss3 he had his done by the same shop I use (to match his custom sunrise gold color) and they look absolutely fantastic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3690100...32385/sizes/l/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
Emblem Pros makes these. www.emblempros.com I think that is the correct address.
Yup emblempros is the place to go. You can customize exactly what you want on it. It's a little spendy ($50) but is a pretty cool touch.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
Old 05-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #9
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
WOW! That's some fine craftmanship .
Old 05-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #10
DevilKnightFalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdoc436 View Post
Looks great!!! I presume that you pulled the steering wheel to paint it and how did you color the RS??
Oh...I just realized that you had the embroidery done...duh, sorry.
You don't have to pull the whole steering wheel off but you do have to take the airbag off to get that plastic piece off. Luckily my custom paint shop also does a lot of collision work so they were able to take care of it relatively easy.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:38 PM   #11
fastdoc436

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,35thLE/SS,30thAE/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
You don't have to pull the whole steering wheel off but you do have to take the airbag off to get that plastic piece off. Luckily my custom paint shop also does a lot of collision work so they were able to take care of it relatively easy.
Looks awesome! Yea, I would worry about the airbag discharging...I changed out a steering wheel on my stepson's 3rd gen and I was a little nervous until I got the airbag disconnected.
fastdoc436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #12
DevilKnightFalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdoc436 View Post
Looks awesome! Yea, I would worry about the airbag discharging...I changed out a steering wheel on my stepson's 3rd gen and I was a little nervous until I got the airbag disconnected.
Yea that is why I had the shop do it. I figured they are a collision shop...if the airbag goes off they get to put it back in! One thing that is very important though is you MUST disconnect the battery or the car will start freaking out when you disconnect the airbag.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #13
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Looking nice devil, what shop are you using? Im pretty decent with paint so i was going to do my own in white when it gets here (sometime in the next week and half from camaro scotty).

Will probably see you around town, your stripes are unique enough!
Old 05-02-2010, 09:51 PM   #14
DevilKnightFalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Looking nice devil, what shop are you using? Im pretty decent with paint so i was going to do my own in white when it gets here (sometime in the next week and half from camaro scotty).

Will probably see you around town, your stripes are unique enough!
All of my paint has been done by Piccione Customs. They have done 3 cars in the Arizona All Gens Camaro Club (including mine). If you have not seen Robert's (robertgss3) car then you really need to check it out. The guys at Piccione do absolutely amazing work. We actually just had a get together at the shop this past saturday, had about 21 cars there. Here are some pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3690100...7623979063118/

If you have not joined our group you should. We do all kinds of awesome events. Couple weeks ago we went to Southern California for a huge meet. Took about 20 cars over there.

PM me if you want more info.

You can check out more info about Piccione Customs here
http://www.piccionecustoms.com/Picci...aint&Body.html