Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 09-03-2008, 01:35 PM   #57
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
The C-pillar is the very rear side part of the roof, correct? If that is what you are talking about I can't imagine it being any worse than my Sky with the Top Up. That is one reason if I get a Camaro it will be the Convertible.

You did a great Job, and nobody answered my first question, did I see a red Bowtie on that Camaro?
If I'm not mistaken this is the C Pillar.

And I think I agree there was a red... something on the grille... I couldn't tell if it was a bowtie or not.
Attached Images

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #58
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
I think it could be called an A because it has metal inside the glass. The glass conceals it. (speculation).
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:16 PM   #59
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
From front to back on the Camaro there are three "pillars" supporting the roof (and body structure). A, B, and C. The "pillar" that gthavit circled is the C-Pillar, the hidden one is the B-Pillar, and the one holding the windsheild is the A-Pillar.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #60
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
looks like that roof is really high ... i really don't understand why they didn't stay with the concept roof line. There was enough room for any kind of "normal" guy
Old 09-03-2008, 02:50 PM   #61
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
looks like that roof is really high ... i really don't understand why they didn't stay with the concept roof line. There was enough room for any kind of "normal" guy
Gotta leave room for wearing a helmet.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:14 PM   #62
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Micah,

WELCOME to the site. That was about the best video review that I can remember seeing about this car. I liked all the questions and you seemed to be very objective. I just wanted to say thanks for not making mullet comments I think I can speak for many people that I hope you can manage to hang around and fill us in as you get the chance to.

Thanks,
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetikmaestro View Post
Hey guys, this is a great forum and I just joined...just like to thank everyone for all the info. I have a question:

Micah,
I was reading a few posts on another thread talking about the paddle shifters and how they work. If you could please explain if the shifters are behind the steering wheel and how the push/pull works. Whether or not you pull to upshift and push to downshift and so on...are there two shifters? Thanks guys and sorry if this has already been discussed.
WELCOME poetikmaestro

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:32 PM   #63
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
From front to back on the Camaro there are three "pillars" supporting the roof (and body structure). A, B, and C. The "pillar" that gthavit circled is the C-Pillar, the hidden one is the B-Pillar, and the one holding the windsheild is the A-Pillar.
I thought that's how it worked.

Here's another image.
Attached Images

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:40 PM   #64
Micah

Drives: -
-Skyman 08: Yup, as Dragoneye and gtahvit pointed out the C-Pillar is the rearmost roof support.

-camaro_corvette: I didn't ask about smokey burnouts. Mostly because the engineers kept mentioning that I was driving several hundred thousand dollars worth of pre-production Camaro.

-stovt001: Good call on Smokey and the Bandit. Timely considering the recent passing of Jerry Reed aka. Snowman.

-Black5thgen: Shoulder room is definitely better in Camaro vs. MINI although I can't recall specifically how much space there was between my shoulder and the door. If I get in another Camaro before they hit the streets I'll try to take better notes.

-bouncertime: We drove up to Julian Pie company. GM had us drive the same route when they introduced the XLR-V. Good route although an overzealous CHP officer gave us a hard time while shooting. Lame.

-radz282003: Thanks for the kind words. As far as mullet comments, the Camaro has a hell of a lot of potential and I'd hate for that fact to get lost in a sea of outdated cliches about American car owners. That said, I reserve the right to play the redneck card if somehow the production car sucks.

And to all who were wondering, yes that was a red bowtie up front. Here's a still from the video.

Micah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:42 PM   #65
Koru

Drives: 201? Camaro
Great vid Micah. How did the V6 sound in person? Did it feel fast?
Old 09-04-2008, 09:59 PM   #66
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
2KZ28,

I'm glad you asked about steering response and handling. I don't know if it came across in the video but I came away hugely impressed with the Camaro's road manners. The GM RWD team seems to have found the sweet spot between ride comfort and controlled handling. The Camaro had no issues dealing with downtown San Diego's crappier pavement but felt lively and controllable in the mountains. And the steering isn't overboosted, offering a proper level of resistance without being fatiguing.

If I were in the market for a new car I honestly might go for the V6 Camaro. Of course I haven't driven the V8...yet.

Thanks,
Micah Muzio

Thanks Micah, and sorry for getting your name wrong. :( (I was thinking more along the lines of 'Mike Amuzzio' <grins>)

Your opinions are exactly what I was hoping for, and expecting from the car! I know I wont be disappointed!

You are a valued addition to the already stellar listing of insiders, dealers, GM employees, fanatic Camaro lovers, and now journalists on this great forum. We are lucky and grateful you decided to sign up!

Cheers.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:05 PM   #67
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetikmaestro View Post
Hey guys, this is a great forum and I just joined...just like to thank everyone for all the info. I have a question:

Micah,
I was reading a few posts on another thread talking about the paddle shifters and how they work. If you could please explain if the shifters are behind the steering wheel and how the push/pull works. Whether or not you pull to upshift and push to downshift and so on...are there two shifters? Thanks guys and sorry if this has already been discussed.
Welcome to the site, Maestro!!
Old 09-05-2008, 01:32 AM   #68
DntWrryBeHappy21
Patiently Waiting...

Drives: whatevers in the driveway atm
Send a message via AIM to DntWrryBeHappy21
Okay so I hate you, Im jealous, and I really wanna be you....hows that for a hearty welcome?

Anway welcome to the forums and That was a great vid and you did a great job with questions in the vid and answering our questions here. Thanks!!

One day....
DntWrryBeHappy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:05 AM   #69
JJay3

Drives: 06 Silverado
wow.. good vid.. thanks for sharing!
JJay3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:35 AM   #70
Micah

Drives: -
Koru- I really liked the sound of the V6. Some of the other outlets that drove it weren't so jazzed but I think they might have been expecting more of a V8-like rumble. (if you want that I'd suggest the V8) If you forget about the V8 and judge the V6 strictly based on its sound compared to other V6's I think you'll be pleased. As far as feeling fast it's actually tough to say. I've driven some quick stuff recently which throws off my internal G-meter. At the risk of being pummeled by angry Camaro fans, here's a link to our Nissan GT-R video

All that being said I think the V6 will offer good performance while leaving room for the V8 to really blow people away.

2KZ28_For_Now- Thanks for the welcome. I really appreciate how hospitable Camaro5 has been. And hey, no worries on the name. I've been confusing people with it for 30 years, you're not the 1st.

DntWrryBeHappy21- Thanks for the kind words. If I can make a video that real enthusiasts like yourself appreciate while also inciting jealous rage I know I've done my job. Rock on.
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote