Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 07-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
bobintuc

Drives: 2011 xm special edition
Angry Another Thorobred bad experiance

Thorobred in Chandler sole my Camaro. After it arrived last week they told me that I owed way to much on my trade and they would only give me 9k on a 2 yr old Impala that they sold me in 07 and said they would gladly take back when I wanted a Camaro. I was going to give them 6 thousand down to offset any difference but they told me I would have to come up with an additional 10 thousand to make the deal. 16 thousand dollars on a 30 thousand dollar car how stupid do they think I am. Its been two week now and I still havent gotten a single credit denial letter, which tells me they never ever tired to finance me they sole my car and sold it to someone else, I have filed a case with the states attny,
bobintuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
MikeySoft
Mikey

Drives: 2010 CorvetteGS, 2010 3LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobintuc View Post
Thorobred in Chandler sole my Camaro. After it arrived last week they told me that I owed way to much on my trade and they would only give me 9k on a 2 yr old Impala that they sold me in 07 and said they would gladly take back when I wanted a Camaro. I was going to give them 6 thousand down to offset any difference but they told me I would have to come up with an additional 10 thousand to make the deal. 16 thousand dollars on a 30 thousand dollar car how stupid do they think I am. Its been two week now and I still havent gotten a single credit denial letter, which tells me they never ever tired to finance me they sole my car and sold it to someone else, I have filed a case with the states attny,
Crazy. Horrible. Amazing. The owner there seemed to be such a nice guy too. I'd tell them to shovel it, terrible to treat a loyal customer this way.

I had a similar type of experience with Brown and Brown after the old man left. Vowed never EVER to walk in there again.

The Big Picture, they should have made it work as I've purchased 3 Vehicles since then.
MikeySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:24 PM   #3
Wild Bill

Drives: Camaro 2015 RS CRM
That sucks!

I specifically sold my ride outright so that I would not have to deal with this $hit when the car arrived. It was my first outright sale of a vehicle with a lien and it was a horrible experience because the guy I sold it to was taking a lien on it as well. I had to take a day off and go to DMV and my bank to get a release of lien. Also, I am riding a loaner from my Goddaughter now. My salesman's manager offered me 17k for my vehicle at deposit(at least he was honest)that showed an Edmunds value of 25k. I had the car on sale for 9 weeks and got $22,500.00, a net profit of $5,500. I will have to pay the sales tax difference.

I hope this works out for you. Good luck!
6000 - 7/17/09
See my Thread in New York Metro Area.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33878
Wild Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
DarricSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
It's called Negetive equity and you had a ton of it, the dealer is not going to take the hit.

But what do i know, i ordered from Thorobred...after having problems with other dealers in the valley.

GL on finding another dealer willing to take your trade...
Old 07-01-2009, 03:51 PM   #5
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Another dumb stupid dealer..
Old 07-02-2009, 12:28 AM   #6
DarricSS

Got the car tonight from THOROBRED chevrolet WITH a tradin tonight...

Old 07-02-2009, 05:59 AM   #7
benjj

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE
looks sweet man, congrats...is it sim or cgm? if it's cgm i think we have the same exact order. i think i'm gonna call tomorrow and get the stripes taken off the build sheet tho cuz i want to get them painted on and extended down the front. also seeing that we live in the same city it would be awwwwwwkward if we showed up at the same place by coincidence

gratz on the car tho
benjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #8
DarricSS

It's Silver with the Cyber gray rally stripes...