Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-23-2008, 11:57 AM   #1
Dman

Drives: n/a
The Seats...

Any word on whether or not the seats will be different on the SS? The V6 seats look like they have bottom cushion from the cobalt ss without the recaros. That would honestly be the deal killer for me. I need something that has at least a decent bottom cushion and back support. Im not old, I just drive a 110 mile round trip everyday.
Dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 02:55 PM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I can't recall seeing anything specifically. I'm not even sure actual SS interior pics' have been found yet; exterior are just making their way out. That's a good question though. I'm sure they'll be good though, especially if they want this car to appeal to as many as they do. We're going to find out soon enough

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:32 PM   #3
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
If the seats are junk, I'm getting Recaros. I drive a lot too and that is the one regret I have on my VW. I wish I would have put Recaros in from an Audi S4.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #4
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Yeah I definately hope they put some high-quality seats in the car. If not I may am, but I will have to see how good/bad they are. I am not really into luxury cars, but comfortable seats are a must for me.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:35 PM   #5
Dman

ok new question on this...cause this will be my determining factor...

to people that have seen the seats up close...how comfortable are they? I currently have a cobalt ss/sc and need to know if seat bottom resembles it in size...

i would love to own this car but being comfortable is very important to me...370z seats already have me sold and from the looks of the seats, i dont know if the camaro's seats will be as supportive and comfortable...
Old 01-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #6
ddennis

Drives: 1978 Z28, 2003 & 2007 Z71,
Bother HeatherR and Number3 stated that the seats are verify comfortable for their long trips.
ddennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
ok new question on this...cause this will be my determining factor...

to people that have seen the seats up close...how comfortable are they? I currently have a cobalt ss/sc and need to know if seat bottom resembles it in size...

i would love to own this car but being comfortable is very important to me...370z seats already have me sold and from the looks of the seats, i dont know if the camaro's seats will be as supportive and comfortable...
If the seats are that huge of an issue, get some comfortable racing seats. They'll double as a cool aftermarket modification. If deciding between a Chevy and a Nissan comes down to the seats, then the automotive world has come to its end. I understand that both of these cars are performers, but anything can be changed with some slight investment. Would you rather have the faster, better looking Camaro or the more comfortable, less functional 370Z? This, of course, is assuming that the Camaro isn't as comfortable as the 370Z.

I guess I'm just tired of comparing the Camaro to the 370Z. I understand the comparison, but these cars are not equals. Let's not compare competitors with equals.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:16 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

They are. Perhaps not quite as supportive laterally as the Nissan's...but definitely up there.
And the seats are the same in both the V6 and V8...however, they are NOTHING like the ones in the Cobalt (and I say that from experience with a little LS of my own.)

They are Outstandingly comfortable, even after 200,000 miles (We were able to sit in the IVER test car, and this one had about that many miles on it at the time). In fact, according to the Camaro team at Indy, they were chosen/designed to BE comfortable as well as supportive for your very reasoning: lots of miles of non-stop driving. If I had to describe them...I'd say they felt cushy. Considering this, I tried to lean sideways to imitate a turn or something...and I couldn't move too far; they still manage to keep you firmly in position.

Judging by your requirements, I think you'll be very pleased. But don't take it from just me. There are a number of other folks around here who've sat in them. And you could check them out at your local dealer in a couple months, if you can't get to an auto show before then.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:36 AM   #9
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
I agree - the seats were very comfortable when I sat in them.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:08 PM   #10
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Leather in one of the pics from one of the auto shows concernes me. I'm sure it will be ironed out. Pun intended.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #11
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I'm less concerned about comfort and more concerned about support. Many reviews of the Corvette say its seats are more appropriate for watching a football game than equipment in a sports car. If the Camaro is less performance oriented, I have real concern the bias may be too much towards comfort. I have bad knees, and with my crappy Cobalt seats I really have to use the dead pedal hard when I drive on GMR which really hurts after a while. I may just substitute a pair of Recaros, but I'd hate to spend so much money on a performance car just to have to buy a pair of decently supportive seats. Also, since the stock seats are power and have built in airbags, replacing them might not be so simple.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #12
Dman

i may have worded my sentence wrong with concern to buying the 370z...i meant the seats had me sold...but i am not even thinking about getting one...

thanks dragoneye, your post helped alot...

i had looked around at the production test car threads and looked at the seats but i wanted a more straight forward answer...

thanks again!
Old 01-26-2009, 08:28 AM   #13
Emjay
Camaro Obsessed

Drives: 1973 z28 1989 iroc 1995 z28
Send a message via AIM to Emjay
SEATS?! OMG lol what the hell! Who cares! If you LOVE camaros and the seats suck just change em! How can that be a deal breaker? Its so not-important! Look if the seats bad sit on a pillow!

1989IROCZ1995Z28
Camaro Girl
Emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:49 AM   #14
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
If the seats are not supportive, I think I will make a call to Recaro. The seats in the BMW M3 and the Audi S4 are amazing. I will be looking to get something similar. That has been my one gripe on the interior in my VW.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote