Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-11-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Hows your day?

So, there's not much goin' on relative to our Gen 5. Lots of healthy political and gas price conversation. Cool stuff about the new Transformers movie.

Shunt is still missing and Tag's recon team is regrouping. Pops is on the move again.

So, in the spirit of "the thread that never ends" and to help fill the gap while we wait for new info, I thought I'd ask everyone, "Hows your day?" "Anything cool planned?" "Business or personal?" "Good news or Bad?" Anything at all.

Basically, "What's up?"

I'm not doing much this morning. As you might be able to tell. After lunch, I'm headed to the Navy Base to meet with my customer to do a project review. After that I'm on a telcon at 5:00 pm my time so I will be working late... Yeuck.

The bad news is, my neighbor is a Truck driver and just got laid off. So, We're trying to help him get a job. My wife works at a church and they have a community job bulletin board. She found a couple people hiring so hopefully we can help him out. He said the company that let him go was paying $ 1200 bucks a week to fill his truck...

What's everyone else up to?
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:12 AM   #2
GSX
Falcon Punch

Drives: Scion tC (way too slow)
My day is going fine. Just sitting in the Library right now and just waiting to go to Physics Lab and stuff and Debating weather to play brawl today or not.
GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:06 PM   #3
Phantasm

Drives: 2004 Pontiac GTO
My day is going pretty well. Although I'm stuck at work, I'm going on a service call, which means I get to drive the GTO and blast some tunes (45 minute trip). Plus, my new gf called me today and sounds like she wants to hang out tonight. Yeah, life is good.
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:23 PM   #4
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
I'll be picking up a PS3 today to finally complete my new entertainment room (50" Plasma, 5.1 surround sound).

If anyone has been waiting for a good deal on the PS3 or a bluray player, Walmart is offering a $100 gift card with bluray purchase. I'll be adding that with $100 off first purchase on a Sony credit card (that I don't ever intend to use again) for a pretty sweet deal.

Just finished building a new computer for my dad for father's day to put in the basement. We'll be using that as a family PC/media server with the plasma hooked up as a second monitor and an optical out to the receiver for surround sound.

Oh, and if anyone is looking to get internet from one side of the house to the other, or to different floors where wireless signals aren't strong, look into Powerline adaptors. I installed them yesterday to get internet from 2nd floor to the basement and they work great. It basically allows you to run internet over existing electrical wiring.

Yea, so that's the life of an engineer...always wasting money on new toys...
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:03 PM   #5
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Well I had the day off because of a meeting in Stockholm today. After that I went to a car firm that is sure to get the Camaro and checked out the Bullitt Mustang. Now before you start shouting at me for checking out the enemy, I did it mainly for comparisons sake (starting a thread on that in a bit). Have to say I liked it though, didn't testdrive it, promised my brother I wouldn't do that without him. Then I went by my cousins place and dropeed Crying Freeman on DVD since he wanted to borrow that. And then I went home and made hamburgers for dinne.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:08 PM   #6
alleykt123
err… MEOW!

Drives: 2005 GTO
Send a message via AIM to alleykt123 Send a message via Yahoo to alleykt123
Let's see…

At work downloading Subaru images for an upcoming mailer…
Getting info for the San Antonio road trip (cringing about the expected gas consumption/cost)…
Making an appointment to get the GTO trip ready…
Signing the card for my nephew's graduation (geez, I'm feelin' really old right about now)…

…and other various things I can't divulge

All in all, it's been a good day so far!

Quote:
Motorcycle Cop: Whatcha got in the trunk?
J. Frank Parnell: Oh... You don't wanna look in there.

Repo Man
alleykt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:29 PM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Hanging out w/ the family now. Got to go do some grocery shopping in a bit.

But, I did do a Sunshine Kids cruise this morning that TOTALLY KICKED @SS!!!

Pix will be up in a couple.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:58 PM   #8
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
normal day,

carpooled in this morning, been repairing computer mainboards (Lenovo thinkcentre's, these damn bad caps...)

I remodeled my test bed area, repaired a T-41 laptop(bad power connector)..

Sourced a new printhead for our scan coin unit (the coin counter you toss your change into and get a recipe for cash instead of change).

The rest of my day will probably be relaxed... maybe some warranty work for parts exchange..
Old 06-11-2008, 07:36 PM   #9
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
lets see. got up at 1100 chilled till 1300 and came to work to do PT. Found out I didn't have my orders. . .went home took a shower came back to work. the Reserve guys left us some parts to install but nothing we can actually do. so we've been sitting around all night. probably do that for another 2 hrs and head home. . .very busy day.

I need to remove the tq arm off my car, but don't know how to remove my drive shaft. . .anyone got any ideas?
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:37 PM   #10
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Just sitting here at work browsing the net since we have nothing to do since part of our test station blew up a few days ago and the part we need won't be in until next week. So I am spending your hard earned tax dollars by reading various forums.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:39 PM   #11
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I woke up at 2pm, Watched two episodes of pass time, skimmed through monster jam from Orlando and debated watching the Candian GP for F1. Hopped in the shower and burned and mailed for the second time a cd, got some gas ($4.89 a gallon for unleaded OUCH!), and headed to work. Clocked in about 8 minutes ago.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:43 PM   #12
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
I sold a Silverado LT1 extended cab all-star edition today for $100 over invoice (friend of mine) and I get out of work in 20 minutes after a 12.5 hour work day. Not too bad considering I've already got 5 out for the month. I need to get some gas (only $4.19 in west palm beach), stop by blockbuster to pick up a flick to watch with my wife, and go home to tuck in my boy. No complaints here...
Chevyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:52 PM   #13
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
2 1/2 more days until summer break (one of the perks working for the School district.) so thats a good thing.

Talked to my sons principal they still will not hold him back even if he failed all of his classes

Got to drive my vette today even though I couldnt take down the top

Loved pissing off my Wanna be boss lol

Tuen in my App to Auto zone only to find out that Corp has to approve my app.

Other wise going nuts & wants wamer weather

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:37 PM   #14
GSX
Falcon Punch

Drives: Scion tC (way too slow)
News report: I just worked my self out of "another" tutoring job.
GSX is offline   Reply With Quote