Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-06-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Talking Film Flubs only 'car guys' would notice

I am a movie fan and whenever i see a car related flub or error I usually spot them right off the bat. here are some examples:

Back to the Future:

one of the main characters has a BEAUTIFUL 1946 Ford Deluxe convertible and in the famous scene where Marty 'invents' the skateboard and is holding on to the car's hood ornament you can see that it switches from a 46 to a 47/48 car which had the turn signals as round lenses below the headlights instead of the smaller rectangular ones on the hood on both sides of the hood ornament/emblem.

Passenger 57:

in a wide shot of Wesley Snipe's character driving his car on the freeway he is driving a 86-90 Corvette convertible, but when he pulls into a hotel and gets out in front of the entrance he is now driving a 91-96 car which has body color side cladding instead of black and has different rims and the front fender 'vents' are different and unique to the 91-96 cars etc.

those are a few that I can think of off the top of my head if you can think of any feel free to add to this thread and if I think of more I will add some too .
Old 08-06-2008, 11:04 PM   #2
Bumble Bee '77
AutoBot Scout

Drives: 2002 ZRS Camaro
Transformers: Megan Fox Describes the engine as a "high rise double pumper" When the engine shown on the screen is obviously a Weber side draft intake. Although the engine she saw during the scene that was in the car was in fact a high rise double pumper, the scene they cut into the movie was a dressed up engine with the side draft intake.
Bumble Bee '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:14 PM   #3
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
I'm not sure if this is actually a mistake, but it was so ridiculously fake that I had to comment. In the new TV movie of Knight Rider, during the chase scene when escaping from pursuing bad guys, the GT500 is actually tailed by a Ford Edge, which keeps up throughout the entire scene. NO WAY.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:57 PM   #4
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
The biggest and most disrespectful is in Vanishing Point. At the end of the movie when Kowalski drives into the earthmover it was a Camaro they smashed, not a Challenger.

This is the only picture I could find, but you can see the 67 taillights.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:15 AM   #5
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
The car Wesley snipes drove in the move blade 2 was was a 68 charger that they put extra lights on.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:17 AM   #6
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
So many movies come to mind with too many flubs to list.

F&F series is first to pop in my head though.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:21 AM   #7
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Laurence Fishburne in the Matrix Reloaded asked the GM guys that loaned the cars (the new not yet released CTS and EXT) where he could get one, they promptly leased him a new one!
Old 08-07-2008, 12:23 AM   #8
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
in gone in sixty seconds it wasn't a real GT500 (duh)
in F & F: Tokyo Drift there is no way on earth a '90s Nissan motor would just drop into a '60 Mustang
in 2F2F a Mustang Cobra would not slide right under a semi trailer

why do they all have to do with mustangs... maybe nobody wants to stare at a screen watching for mistakes
Old 08-07-2008, 12:46 AM   #9
storm79

Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra
oh not sure if this counts but in The Dark Night the Joker is driving that semi and theres no way that thing could go that fast like how it was chasing the police car or something no way...great movie but no way.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:37 AM   #10
aston70

Drives: Me Nutz!! Arrrrgh...
Well, I think other than 'car guys' would spot this, but in Beverly Hills Cop II the police light fell off in one of the chase scenes and in the very next scene it's back on the roof again. It's been awhile since I've seen that movie actually.
aston70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:57 AM   #11
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
There are soooo many. just watch about any chase scene in any TV show or Movie. They will pass the same car many times. Or the same car will be behind them at different times in the movie in non chase scenes... I remember one especially I think it was in the Steve McQueen movie Bullet, all I can remember it was a Mustang being chased and they pass the same Volkswagon Beetle many times... Man was that Beetle fast LOL (must have been Herbie)
Old 08-07-2008, 08:03 AM   #12
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Agreed, way too many to keep track of....

Watch almost all of the scenes where the General Lee or KITT make a jump....either a fender will wrinkle when they land but be just fine in the next scene, or a bumper will fall off, the hood will pop up, etc.

Other times, watch the jump scene....sometimes, the cars are coming down damn near perpendicular to the ground, yet they manage to "stick the landing" just fine.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:04 AM   #13
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09'Z28 View Post
in gone in sixty seconds it wasn't a real GT500 (duh)
in F & F: Tokyo Drift there is no way on earth a '90s Nissan motor would just drop into a '60 Mustang
in 2F2F a Mustang Cobra would not slide right under a semi trailer

why do they all have to do with mustangs... maybe nobody wants to stare at a screen watching for mistakes
I saw that and although I don't like Mustangs, I was like
Old 08-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #14
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I have seen plenty of times when the cars change years or even models. and lots of older movies when a car will turn a corner really fast a hubcap will fly off and then the next scene it will be back on the car... and just about all the time when one gets blown up or crushed it is definately not the same car.

Example on "Home Improvment" when Jills 55 Nomad gets crushed by the I beam Tim drops on it, it is a regular 2 door wagon, not a Nomad. but still a shame to destroy any classic even a plain jane wagon.