Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-25-2008, 08:33 PM   #127
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
...There's gonna have to be a set of protocols determined at GM for how employees can confirm/deny/hint people on the forums.
I'm pretty sure they already have disclosure agreements. If they didn't sign one when they were hired, they did when they were put on the Camaro project. I'm betting that online communications is covered in there.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:51 PM   #128
Georgianne

Drives: chevys
My goodness, Camero. Let me know when enough of these guys have kissed your butt huh?
Georgianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:09 PM   #129
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianne View Post
My goodness, Camero. Let me know when enough of these guys have kissed your butt huh?
WELL!!!! After all the crap we put him through...I feel bad.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:11 PM   #130
Georgianne

Wow, I love men that can feel guilty
Old 02-25-2008, 10:11 PM   #131
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:19 PM   #132
Gatecrasher
User

Drives: 1994 Stealth R/T Turbo
Quote:
I'm pretty sure they already have disclosure agreements. If they didn't sign one when they were hired, they did when they were put on the Camaro project. I'm betting that online communications is covered in there.
I don't think the problem is so much GM personnel, as 3rd party suppliers and such.

Anyone else familiar with the Corvette ZR1 leaks from last year?

Photos like this. The infamous warehouse photos that showed the engine.

These were reportedly from a guy who worked at the shipping company. Supposedly the Romulus Michigan police were called in to investigate and the guy got fired. Dunno how much was media hype and how much was true, but the photos were definitely real and showed the LS9 long before GM wanted us to see it.

The GMT900 studio leaks were similar. Someone, possibly from the security company that guards the studio, took photos of the until-then unreleased 2007 Escalade and Tahoe.

If you can't even trust your own security and shipping personnel, who can you trust?

Last edited by Gatecrasher; 02-25-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Gatecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:21 PM   #133
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianne View Post
Wow, I love men that can feel guilty
Hey, if women can be fans of the Camaro then men can feel guilty

Oooo K we have gone a tad off topic now.

The thread is titled "New Snow-testing photo of Camaro Prototype (black-on-black grill)"

I love every shot of the new Camaro. I have yet to see it look bad, from any angle. Sure there have been poor quality shots, but I can see through that stuff. Regarding the front vent, I believe that it has a mesh screen behind it. So that could be part of what might make it look closed. That or the hood camo being tucked in behind.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:41 PM   #134
Georgianne

[QUOTE=DGthe3;47336]Hey, if women can be fans of the Camaro then men can feel guilty QUOTE]
That is a good thing!
This car will look good in any weather snow, sleet , rain and especially in the sunshine.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:42 PM   #135
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Who was doubting Camero's credibility anyway? I thought we had already established that he knew what he was talking about! Especially with all the talk about the fuel door location and everything... But we've already burned that bridge I guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Camero is also right when he says the lights aren't velcro'd or hot-glued in. I took a little bit of 'liberty' with that to illustrate that the lights are not production intent. (in fact we just received one of the marketing IVER units and it has plugs rather than lights) If you were to look closely at one of the mules, you WOULD think that they're production intent because the lights are enclosed in a finished black composite panel -- that covers the headlight "bucket" if you will............

Lights are NOT production.
WHAT?!? Those lights won't be on the production car?! Are you kidding me!? And I liked them so well!!!!

Kidding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Oooo K we have gone a tad off topic now.

The thread is titled "New Snow-testing photo of Camaro Prototype (black-on-black grill)"

I love every shot of the new Camaro. I have yet to see it look bad, from any angle. Sure there have been poor quality shots, but I can see through that stuff. Regarding the front vent, I believe that it has a mesh screen behind it. So that could be part of what might make it look closed. That or the hood camo being tucked in behind.
I'm just glad someone can finally hold their dang hand steady to take a pic! I would probably be shakin' all over too though!
Old 02-26-2008, 01:04 AM   #136
Dark Eric

Drives: 1998 Pontiac Firebird
I love the new headlights!
Old 02-26-2008, 01:19 AM   #137
Bruno

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS

Nice job!! Even with all that stuff hanging all over the place on the car it looks mean
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:13 AM   #138
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Scott, thanks for piping up for Camero. I could only imagine how frustrating that could have been.

Camero, congrats on the recognition. I bet it feels a lot better now that people will knock it off when you say something and they want to doubt you. Also, seeing as though it was pretty obvious the billet grill wouldn't be making it (and it'll be some sort of plastic), ...awe heck. I'm sure you couldn't say anyway....nevermind.

Glad to hear the production model will be made as close as possible (halo's) to the original (halo's) concept so that we won't (halo's) be able to tell the difference (halo's)!!!

Oh...and Camero...seeing as though you are taking part in this whole 5th Gen production, ..............I guess I get to complain to YOU about the change in gas cap location!!!!!!

(yeah, yeah....I'm over it) *cough* drivers side *cough*
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:27 AM   #139
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
hehe. can't let it go huh Tag. I admit it looks awesome, but I don't mind as long as I can blow the doors of my stepfather's porsche from a 30 ish roll and look just as nice...BETTER THAN his car doing it.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:33 AM   #140
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Anyone else think its awesome that there are basically only 4 complaints (justified or not)
1) Gascap
2) Rear bumper
3) Headlights
4) Vent cut-outs

Out of the . . . hundreds of details, those four things have gathered 90% of the attention. And we don't even know everything about the headlights or rear vents yet. That is very very impressive. I almost feel bad for the engineers who had to make everything fit the design. But then again, they are engineers working on the Camaro. Therefore, I have no pitty for them, their worst day would still be pretty good in my books
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote