Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #71
Johnwayne
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
the 5.0 is going to be bad but it's no match style wise vs the camaro i dont see me losing to one thats for sure
Johnwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #72
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
I see the "journalistic integrity" of the automotive press has now sunk to the level of the NY Slimes, Washington Compost and the rest of the "unbiased" reporting we are deluged with on a daily basis. What a joke. Canceled C&D 3 years ago, and never looked back. The automotive press has no integrity whatsoever. I suggest we all use Motortrend, C&D, and the rest of these pathetic rags to wipe our asses with in order to "save trees"...
Old 05-05-2010, 07:50 PM   #73
dmiller66
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: '13 2SS/RS, Blue Ray Metallic, Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARMY View Post
Why can no one answer my question.

Why is the Genesis even compared???

Why are Hyundai pos cars being compared to American muscle!?!?!?
You would be surprised, Hyundai makes great cars. My previous car was a Hyundai, and I still have it simply because it has 170k miles on it with no problems. After looking at my Camaro and looking at my Hyundai....I have to admit the Hyundai is built better.
dmiller66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #74
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
You guys realize that mustang HAS to win on paper...because they can't win any other way!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #75
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
I see the "journalistic integrity" of the automotive press has now sunk to the level of the NY Slimes, Washington Compost and the rest of the "unbiased" reporting we are deluged with on a daily basis. What a joke. Canceled C&D 3 years ago, and never looked back. The automotive press has no integrity whatsoever. I suggest we all use Motortrend, C&D, and the rest of these pathetic rags to wipe our asses with in order to "save trees"...
Except for the issue last year when the Camaro stomped all over the Challenger and Mustang, right?

You people are demanding that MotorTrend have integrity and claiming they are clearly biased because they picked the Mustang this year..and the editors opinions changed away from the Camaro?

Really? If there is anyone is pathetic its the reactionary Camaro fans who cannot stomach the idea that maybe, just maybe, MotorTrend, Car & Driver, etc are opinion pieces and that the trend is now swinging away from the Camaro this year. You dont see massive rage coming from the Challenger fans swearing that C&D, MT, Edmunds, etc..are worthless and are going to use their magazines as toilet paper.

For crying out loud..I enjoy my car even tho it is routinely hammered in the reviews. I drive it, I love it and I am dedicated to making it better and prove the reviews wrong..which I have. I suggest you Camaro fans do the same, it'll help you sleep at night and help you look less irrational in public forums.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #76
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
a message board is an opinion piece as well...
Old 05-05-2010, 08:13 PM   #77
Mythic

Drives: '03 Monte Carlo SS
Kind of curious why noone has made mention of it yet. While I realize in the article the spell out that it was a V6 and a V8 Camaro, why the thell do they keep referring to it as the Camaro SS and RS?

RS is an appearance package available to both V6 and V8 models. This kind of detail shows exactly how much thought and effort they placed into testing and validating their information.
Mythic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #78
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
genesis does not belong in there

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:28 PM   #79
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Except for the issue last year when the Camaro stomped all over the Challenger and Mustang, right?

You people are demanding that MotorTrend have integrity and claiming they are clearly biased because they picked the Mustang this year..and the editors opinions changed away from the Camaro?

Really? If there is anyone is pathetic its the reactionary Camaro fans who cannot stomach the idea that maybe, just maybe, MotorTrend, Car & Driver, etc are opinion pieces and that the trend is now swinging away from the Camaro this year. You dont see massive rage coming from the Challenger fans swearing that C&D, MT, Edmunds, etc..are worthless and are going to use their magazines as toilet paper.

For crying out loud..I enjoy my car even tho it is routinely hammered in the reviews. I drive it, I love it and I am dedicated to making it better and prove the reviews wrong..which I have. I suggest you Camaro fans do the same, it'll help you sleep at night and help you look less irrational in public forums.

People don't understand that if it sells, there going to flip flop. The only thing really important to these magazines is money. Some opinions are easily bought.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #80
Impact

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Well I hate to be the one that says this but when Motor Trend preferred the Camaro last year then they must have been wrong then too if they are wrong preferring the Mustang this year. I mean if you say they are being paid by Ford for praising the Mustang we could say the same thing last year and they were being paid by Chevrolet for picking the Camaro.

I just don't understand some of the mentality that goes on in these boards. Last year you guys loved Motor Trend for preferring the Camaro and hated Car and Driver but this year you hate Motor Trend because they prefer the Mustang and praise Car and Driver for driving the Camaro 2 tenths of a second faster. I could bring up old posts where people said Car and Driver weren't reliable last year because they said the Mustang was better, so how are they reliable now? Oh, I know because they drove the Camaro faster then the Mustang GT lol. They still preferred the Mustang overall however, so did Edmonds. I bet you guys hate every magazine lol. I honestly don't let magazine's opinions bother me and I love my car, to bad you guys have to have praise from everyone to feel good about yourself and your car.
Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:52 PM   #81
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact View Post
Well I hate to be the one that says this but when Motor Trend preferred the Camaro last year then they must have been wrong then too if they are wrong preferring the Mustang this year. I mean if you say they are being paid by Ford for praising the Mustang we could say the same thing last year and they were being paid by Chevrolet for picking the Camaro.
Not very sound logic...but I appreciate the point.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #82
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post

This is a Camaro forum, don't you expect people to be passionate about their cars? If you are so passionate about your Challenger, why are you here? To tell Camaro owners how they should feel?

I don't think Camaro owners should be embarrassed to defend their car on a "public" forum dedicated to CAMARO's.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:59 PM   #83
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
This is a Camaro forum, don't you expect people to be passionate about their cars? If you are so passionate about your Challenger, why are you here? To tell Camaro owners how they should feel?

I don't think Camaro owners should be embarrassed to defend their car on a "public" forum dedicated to CAMARO's.
Because they're only words, words can cause you no harm. Its not like someone walked up to you, punched you in the face, and told you that your car sucks.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:00 PM   #84
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post

Why is it..whenever I make a post the default answer is "If you love your Challenger, why are you here?"? What I expect are people to have some modicum of critical thinking skills! Again..I didnt see the sign on the forum that said "Non-Camaro owners need not apply".

They're not defending their car, they're raging against a magazine and calling it crap because this year it sided with the Mustang and their editors opinions shifted. It has nothing to do with defending their cars.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote