Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #57

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
Haven't seen that one. Link?

I'll be taking it in next week, just to be sure!
Here is the link to the thread, you also have the youtube link in the thread.

Good luck! And keep us posted!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218773
332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #58
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
The sound is noticeable now whereas before I never heard it. I hear it at drive throughs or when I'm next to a wall or anything solid. I've been checking it out for the last few days in different scenarios. It's definitely bothering me and it seems to be loudest after a rev of the engine.

I'll be taking it to the dealer but really hate to!
Mine has this same noise. Been bugging me a bit as well. Could be an exhaust leak in either case. (your or mine) My car has had the L99 lifter replaced with Z06 valvtrain parts with my cam swap. But if you have not had new headers or anything then it would be less likely.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #59
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Mine has this same noise. Been bugging me a bit as well. Could be an exhaust leak in either case. (your or mine) My car has had the L99 lifter replaced with Z06 valvtrain parts with my cam swap. But if you have not had new headers or anything then it would be less likely.
Only changes made from the assembly line are muffler delete and K&N filter, non-cosmetic. It's really bugging the crap out of me, more and more daily! I just hate going to dealerships when not purchasing a vehicle, it always feels like a hassle, even when I'm paying for the service. Sad but true! I have 2 in close proximity(within 10 miles of eachother) and it's the same at both. I guess I just don't trust anyone with my car, with good reason! No one loves her like I do!
Old 05-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #60
Dan1028
Mechanical Engineer

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS A6
Aside from the sewing machine sound that I've been told is normal, I've heard (on mine) also what sound like a low-octave "click," as if you were to click your tongue only on the lower part of your mouth (if that makes sense). I've heard it a few times, tonight being the most noticeable since I could hear it from within the car.

At the next oil change I plan to mention this, but I'm pretty sure I'll be told it's normal (again).

LEFT HAND DRIVE
Dan1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #61
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Only changes made from the assembly line are muffler delete and K&N filter, non-cosmetic. It's really bugging the crap out of me, more and more daily! I just hate going to dealerships when not purchasing a vehicle, it always feels like a hassle, even when I'm paying for the service. Sad but true! I have 2 in close proximity(within 10 miles of eachother) and it's the same at both. I guess I just don't trust anyone with my car, with good reason! No one loves her like I do!
Well I found my noise.

Kind of.

Meaning I narrowed it to one system.

When I turn my AC off the noise stops immediately. Turn the AC back on and it comes back on. Repeatable over and over again. My AC works sporadically anyway. So I suppose I'll have to have it fixed finally. AC not really a DIY thing. Sucks.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #62
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Quote:
Well I found my noise.

Kind of.

Meaning I narrowed it to one system.

When I turn my AC off the noise stops immediately. Turn the AC back on and it comes back on. Repeatable over and over again. My AC works sporadically anyway. So I suppose I'll have to have it fixed finally. AC not really a DIY thing. Sucks.
What year is your car? I distinctly remember a TSB on certain VIN numbers concerning AC units in our cars. 2010/2011 models only I believe. Becky at Rogers Chevrolet can check your VIN against the magic list of VIN's affected if you PM her your VIN#. I do know what you are talking about though. Mine does it as well and it's annoying but probably normal. Sounds like dry bearings spinning around when the AC kicks in. I don't use my AC unless I absolutely have to so I'm not overly worried about it at this point. Good luck either way!
Old 05-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #63
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1028 View Post
Aside from the sewing machine sound that I've been told is normal, I've heard (on mine) also what sound like a low-octave "click," as if you were to click your tongue only on the lower part of your mouth (if that makes sense). I've heard it a few times, tonight being the most noticeable since I could hear it from within the car.

At the next oil change I plan to mention this, but I'm pretty sure I'll be told it's normal (again).
Admittedly this is my first "sports" car. I've heard ticking from injectors on all my previous cars but never from inside the car nor standing beside it while its running. Hearing ticking in the cabin or standing outside the car with the hood closed, to me, isn't right. I could definitely be wrong but its bothersome to my ears. In my case it sounds like one or a couple of them are much louder with a different tone as well.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #64
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
What year is your car? I distinctly remember a TSB on certain VIN numbers concerning AC units in our cars. 2010/2011 models only I believe. Becky at Rogers Chevrolet can check your VIN against the magic list of VIN's affected if you PM her your VIN#. I do know what you are talking about though. Mine does it as well and it's annoying but probably normal. Sounds like dry bearings spinning around when the AC kicks in. I don't use my AC unless I absolutely have to so I'm not overly worried about it at this point. Good luck either way!
Mine was the first one of the first. #9067 so it's a 2010.

Was the TSB on just the noise or was it also the ac no blowing cold?
Old 05-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #65
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Quote:
Mine was the first one of the first. #9067 so it's a 2010.

Was the TSB on just the noise or was it also the ac no blowing cold?
I can't remember exactly, just that it was A/C related.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #66
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
I can't remember exactly, just that it was A/C related.
Cool. Thanks. I'll check with Becky. I know there was and HVAC condensation leaking into the car issue.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #67
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
Take a long screwdriver or even a broom handle and hold one to your ear and the put the other end in contact with some part of the motor and you can better hear what is going on. Move around to isolate the area where the noise is comming from. Just be carefull around the belts and rotating componants. They sell auto stethoscopes but this works just as well.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #68
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Took my lady in today for driver seat cover replacement and lifter issue. Apparently the guy that knows or does this type of work has 2 vehicles ahead of me; rescheduling for the lifter issue. I'll update as necessary.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #69

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Took my lady in today for driver seat cover replacement and lifter issue. Apparently the guy that knows or does this type of work has 2 vehicles ahead of me; rescheduling for the lifter issue. I'll update as necessary.
Did he say that it was a lifter or something similar sound or they reschedueled you for sound check?
332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #70
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 332 View Post
Did he say that it was a lifter or something similar sound or they reschedueled you for sound check?
Just got an update: apparently a seat bolt is stuck/stripped so they'll be rescheduling for all of it.