Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
thebradinator

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro V6
Why are YOU a C5 member?

Hey guys!

First of all....

I'm writing a paper bout Camaro5 as a Discourse Community for my Composition 1 class at The University of Oklahoma and i want your input!!

Why are you personally a part of C5? Why do you continue to be an active member? What is the most important part of the website for you? And finally, HOW OLD ARE YOU!? If you don't feel comfortable disclosing that info, its OK! I'm trying to find an age range on the people who are members!

Thank you guys so much and it is a total pleasure to be working on a paper that describes this fantastic community!

Thanks again for the input!

Brad Thompson
thebradinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I'm here because of the car...

Old 10-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Personally I like the entire C5 community (smartasses and all), I enjoy seeing seeing diffrent peoples views and ideas on making their cars their own.

There really isn't one part that I like better than the other, each section has it's owan tone and personality.

The people and vendors are what make a forum (good and bad) this is one of the better forums I am a member of. The mods make the site clean and enjoyable for the most part.

The main reason i'm here is for the cars though. I mean hell it's a car forum for enthusiast.

30 yrs old
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Became a member for the information, ability to ask questions and overall learn more about my precious Camaro. I stick around though for the discussion and the community as a whole. It's a great forum to discuss obviously Camaro related topics but as well anything else.

I'm 23 yrs old
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhall82 View Post
The main reason i'm here is for the trolling though. I mean hell it's a car forum for enthusiasts.
Fixed it for ya

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #6
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Fixed it for ya

LMAO . True but what I said sounded better. Truth or not
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Im here because of the car, the awesome community/members, amount of knowledge, humor.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #8
BBQdDude

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS
Why are you personally a part of C5?
To learn about what can be done with my car.

Why do you continue to be an active member?
You never stop learning. Nd giving input back helps a site grow.

What is the most important part of the website for you?
Drag and general

And finally, HOW OLD ARE YOU!?

You can view my POF profile at.....................psyche lol .
BBQdDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #9
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Peer pressure
Old 10-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #10
malave7567

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
Why are you personally a part of C5?
It is a good tool to learn more details about my car and what common and not-so-common mods are out there.

Why do you continue to be an active member?
Sometimes it is purely because of the entertainment (funny threads, trolls, smartasses). Other times it is because I like to see photos of members' cars and get ideas from them. On rare occasions, I can actually answer some questions from more "newb" members.

What is the most important part of the website for you?
On any forum, the most important part of the website is the community that frequents it.

And finally, HOW OLD ARE YOU!?

Good luck on your paper
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #11
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Originally cause facebook sucks... oh and to find new and exciting ways to spend my money. Now it has become a support group to see me through my debilitating experience.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #12
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I found this place because of the car, but in the mean time I have met some great people and made new friends. There is alot of great information on this site and I also enjoy seeing everyones cars and the different mods available. I do however blame this site for the increased spending I have been doing on my car
Old 10-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #13
Red-1SS

Drives: 2012 SS Victory Red
New member, but it is both the love of the car and wealth of helpful information! And certainly the great pics of the awesome things owners do to their cars! I am 38.
Red-1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #14
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I came here when I bought my Camaro just to check it out, but quickly became hooked. I learned a lot about my car, modifications I can make to it, and soon had developed friendships. I found a community of likeminded enthusiasts (not that we don't frequently disagree), caring folks willing to patiently explain things to a newby, and comrads willing to be there to support each other through difficult times in our personal lives. The moderators made me feel safe, as did members who would quickly come to your defence if someone said something out of line and vendors who (for the most part) were willing to talk you through decisions about modifications to your car to help you find what is right for you and not just make a quick buck. Again, on the rare occasions when discussions between vendors on a topic got out of line, moderators quickly took care of it. I became involved in a local car club on the ground level of it's development & soon took on a role in managing it and now I am vice president of the club. C5 has become my Facebook. I rarely go to Facebook now even though we now have a page on Facebook for our club. I'd just rather hang with my C5 buds than Facebook or any other site online. As for age, I'm 55. There is a whole thread (probably several of them) on age of members. If you go to advanced search & choose search only titles, it should pull it up. Sometimes using Google search finds C5 threads better than the search on C5 if it does not come up. I'd link it for you but just checking in between things at work. See I'm addicted to C5. Hope that helps & good luck with your project.

Tags
why are you a member?