Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-22-2007, 01:52 AM   #15
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
Ebay just sent me an email telling me that I violated their terms of service and that I am prohibited from using Ebay again. I bought an '89 Formula Firebird in 2003 and haven't bid on or bought anything else since. What's up with that?
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:26 AM   #16
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSNightrod View Post
Ebay just sent me an email telling me that I violated their terms of service and that I am prohibited from using Ebay again. I bought an '89 Formula Firebird in 2003 and haven't bid on or bought anything else since. What's up with that?
First off, make sure the email is actually from ebay. Otherwise, it could be a spoof...making you sign back in, give your info, etc. Don't do it unless you are sure it's from ebay.

Second, contact the ebay dispute resolution people. If it is serious, find out what the hell happened. I'd be pissed. I use ebay quite often.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:11 AM   #17
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
Yeah I'm guessing it was a scam. I clicked the link and the blocker software filtered it due to "scams and phishing". They wouldn't get much anyways. I haven't even logged in to Ebay since 2003. I can't even remember my password LOL!
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:21 AM   #18
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSNightrod View Post
Yeah I'm guessing it was a scam. I clicked the link and the blocker software filtered it due to "scams and phishing". They wouldn't get much anyways. I haven't even logged in to Ebay since 2003. I can't even remember my password LOL!
There are a LOT of scams w/ ebay. You'll get the logo on an email and it'll be a message saying your payment was messed up. Looks legit as could be, but isn't. You click on their site which looks like an ebay deal, they ask for your account, name, social, and password. BAM! They got ya. Don't ever do anything unless the message is sent to you through the ebay website. They tried getting me before as well....bastards.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:51 PM   #19
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
A good friend, and teacher of mine was commenting on virus-makers at the time, but I suppose this is in the same category, anyways, he said - rather harshly- "All those people who make these virus and force me and everybody else to lose all of their data should be taken out and shot!"

A little rash, but I agree!
Old 05-22-2007, 02:56 PM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Well, I agree too. IMO, it's the same as burglarizing a car or home. They get into your personal business and when hacking it, or deleting information, cause the owner a substantial loss...wether it be pecuniary or by substantial inconvenience. Yes, there are laws in TX about hacking into others computers. I would imagine it's the same elsewhere as well. I've written only one report on it where some crazy dude got into a girls computer through yahoo instant messaging. He changed her whole computer settings, left messages on her screen saver...everything. Freaky! She thought by turning off her computer, she was fine. But, the computer was hooked up through cable. So, he had all the time in the world.