Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-14-2015, 09:59 AM   #1
10' Camaro SC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 5th Gen 6spd SC
TPMS Service light - Dash kit to blame? Possible to tune it out?

I already did the TPMS reset procedure. It was off driving to my parents house then it came on driving back to my house.

I have a dash kit.

Sometimes it shows dashes on 1 tire, or 2 tires & sometimes all four.

Is there anyway to disable the TPMS?... tune it out? or do I have to deal with it?

Thanks guys
10' LS3 Camaro 2SS (blacked out) - Edelbrock Supercharger, ZL1 rims, 275/315 tires, XS Power LT headers, 3" exhaust, twin tips, Edelbrock CAI, ZL1 fuel pump/ADM FPCM, VMax ported TB, JRE fuel mod, TR6ix plugs, ZL1 spoiler/splitter/grille, KW V1 coilovers, BMR sway bars, strut tower brace, trailing arms, toe links, Prothane radius arm & subframe bushings, Slotted rotors, Hawk pads, SS brake lines, HURST short throw shifter, Scosche dash kit, Pioneer 7" radio, backup camera, Dyno - 520 rwhp/tq
10' Camaro SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:41 AM   #2
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Would like to know about disable also.
Think the batteries in the TPMS sending unit in each wheel are designed for ~5 years, maybe the batteries are starting to fail? Your car is 2010, were new transmitters ever put on when tires replaced? The sending unit does not transmit continuously, it sends out signal every so often to conserve the battery, and when stopped (wheel not rotating) they stay off.

So far on my new Camaro I've had the dash DIC momentarily display a big message that the "Tire Pressure Monitoring System" needed service (entire system not the sending units). It would go back to normal after about a minute, and everything was fine again. That happened twice so far in last few months; one time it happened after relatively pretty high speed run.
Ron

Last edited by ron123; 09-14-2015 at 10:51 AM.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 11:17 AM   #3
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
I had the same issue a while back and did a post on it:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246752

In my case, there was no record of others having the same issue, so I did a ton of troubleshooting and worked with my dealership to get to the root cause.

It appears that the Scosche kit is sending some sort of signal down the communication bus that is interfering with the "Remote Door Lock Controller Module" (RDLCM) via the Body Control Module (BCM). This causes communication issues with the TPMS. Once the Scosche kit was unplugged, everything was fine.

It seems to be hit and miss. Not all users have the issue, but there are enough to highlight the issue.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:09 AM   #4
10' Camaro SC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 5th Gen 6spd SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
I had the same issue a while back and did a post on it:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246752

In my case, there was no record of others having the same issue, so I did a ton of troubleshooting and worked with my dealership to get to the root cause.

It appears that the Scosche kit is sending some sort of signal down the communication bus that is interfering with the "Remote Door Lock Controller Module" (RDLCM) via the Body Control Module (BCM). This causes communication issues with the TPMS. Once the Scosche kit was unplugged, everything was fine.

It seems to be hit and miss. Not all users have the issue, but there are enough to highlight the issue.
Ya I seen your post actually. Just seems weird but I guess it's possible especially from your experience. Def not removing the dash kit and radio like it to much. Might have to just deal with it.

Is there a way to tune out the TPMS with software thru the BCM?
10' LS3 Camaro 2SS (blacked out) - Edelbrock Supercharger, ZL1 rims, 275/315 tires, XS Power LT headers, 3" exhaust, twin tips, Edelbrock CAI, ZL1 fuel pump/ADM FPCM, VMax ported TB, JRE fuel mod, TR6ix plugs, ZL1 spoiler/splitter/grille, KW V1 coilovers, BMR sway bars, strut tower brace, trailing arms, toe links, Prothane radius arm & subframe bushings, Slotted rotors, Hawk pads, SS brake lines, HURST short throw shifter, Scosche dash kit, Pioneer 7" radio, backup camera, Dyno - 520 rwhp/tq
10' Camaro SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:57 AM   #5
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10' Camaro SC View Post
Ya I seen your post actually. Just seems weird but I guess it's possible especially from your experience. Def not removing the dash kit and radio like it to much. Might have to just deal with it.

Is there a way to tune out the TPMS with software thru the BCM?
Some folks had success contacting Schoche and getting a firmware update.

Good luck sir.