Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-26-2007, 12:28 PM   #15
Moosen75

Drives: Junk til 2008
Send a message via AIM to Moosen75
Here is the problem with this years SEMA. Toyota is gettng a main booth just like chevy, ford, and chrysler. so there is the possiblity of the supra showing up there. I know that the camaro is going to be in competion with the challenger and mustang but this is gonna be more than a muscle car war. the big three are losing money left and right to the foreign markets. lets just hope the american muscle by themselves can fight off the foeign invaders to save the future of the us auto industry. SAVE US CAMARO!!!!!!
Moosen75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:55 PM   #16
Bait8
Balance

Drives: A torque-less wonder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
HOPE???

You bet your @&& it's going to come out on top!

No disrespect to Ford, but the Mustang out of the factory will NOT come standard w/ the same amount of HP as the Camaro. Now, an aftermarket Mustang from Saleen or Roush will compete extremely well w/ a top of the line Camaro FROM THE FACTORY. BUT...that would be the same as GMMG building an aftermarket Camaro for Berger, Dick Herrel, Tom Henry, etc. which would toast the Roush or Saleen...SO...at least that's my opinion.

The Challenger will have a similar HP rating but will also weigh in at what...4100lbs??? Good grief! That's a heck of a lot more than the guestimated weight of the Camaro. Let's see....on average, for every 100lbs taken off of a car, the car will go approximately 1/10th of a second quicker in the 1/4 mile. So, if the Camaro's guestimated weight is going to be 3,700lbs, and the Challenger at 4,100lbs, the Camaro will run approximately 4/10ths of a second faster than the Challenger. That is...if both cars came out w/ the same hp/torque ratings, of course.
Do you consider the Shelby GT500 to be a out of the factory mustang? I always thought that it is the Shelby that competes against the SS. It is in the hands of Shelby though and less in the hands of Ford so maybe I am wrong. I wish Camaro had a shelby of its own that you can pick up at the local Chevy dealer. We will have to see, I have a feeling just like you that the Camaro will dominate though...at least for the first year of release.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" - James Dean
Bait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:00 PM   #17
Bait8
Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosen75 View Post
Here is the problem with this years SEMA. Toyota is gettng a main booth just like chevy, ford, and chrysler. so there is the possiblity of the supra showing up there. I know that the camaro is going to be in competion with the challenger and mustang but this is gonna be more than a muscle car war. the big three are losing money left and right to the foreign markets. lets just hope the american muscle by themselves can fight off the foeign invaders to save the future of the us auto industry. SAVE US CAMARO!!!!!!
The thing about the cars from over seas is that the only way they compete on the drag strip with the US cars is with heavy mods put into them out of the owners own pocket. So don't expect HP ratings out of the new Supra to be something insane.

I don't like when people are like "Supra is god and super fast" and all that BS...NEWS FLASH! Supra is a 275 hp mid 13 to flat 14 second car!!!!!!!

Last edited by Bait8; 05-26-2007 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:04 PM   #18
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
The Supra really is an awesome car. Stock they aren't much, but when modded look out. The last generation of the RX-7 is awesome too...with a LS1 in it. Actually I had a '87 RX-7 for awhile and it was an absolute blast to drive. I like all sports cars, but there really is a special place in my heart for the F Body. Zeta or whatever it's still an F Body to me. I'm not trying to be the fastest thing out there(I can get a Hayabusa for that), I'm just looking for the car that suits me best. They aren't making another Firebird or Trans Am so the Camaro is it, and given the new Camaro that's not a problem at all.
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:22 PM   #19
Bait8
Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSNightrod View Post
The Supra really is an awesome car. Stock they aren't much, but when modded look out. The last generation of the RX-7 is awesome too...with a LS1 in it. Actually I had a '87 RX-7 for awhile and it was an absolute blast to drive. I like all sports cars, but there really is a special place in my heart for the F Body. Zeta or whatever it's still an F Body to me. I'm not trying to be the fastest thing out there(I can get a Hayabusa for that), I'm just looking for the car that suits me best. They aren't making another Firebird or Trans Am so the Camaro is it, and given the new Camaro that's not a problem at all.
Well, it is not like I hate anything. I am looking for a fast car next time around though so I am looking at the new Camaro. Suits me or not I don't care, just wanna go fast...I have an Acura right now and the luxury for the buck I spent is awesome..if I didn't care about speed AT ALL I would stick with my Acura cause it is a blast to drive too. Bikes will kill you, to dangerous for my taste and I only compare stock vs stock or modified vs modified...and I am not talking about bolt ons..Supra usually needs those HKS turbo replacements to be really fast. EVOs need like 10 thousand dollars+ worth of freaking AMS work to be fast as hell on the track. The annoying thing is that everyone in a Supra...even the none turbo ones seems to think they are fast...it is like the people in the V6 mustangs and Camaros who think they have the Cobra and SS...just weird thats all.

Old 05-26-2007, 05:34 PM   #20
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

True. Stock for stock the Supra isn't all that. It is fairly exotic though. As far as Evos go, my wife was looking at one before she got her Mustang and to me it's still an econobox. They're nice, but a bit overrated. Same with the 350Z. I thought they were really nice...until I raced one with my TA. Now to me you just don't get enough for what you pay for one. I would take an old 240Z over the new one anyday.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:03 PM   #21
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Don't buy foriegn!...

I, that - that really sums up my opinion....
Old 05-28-2007, 02:48 AM   #22
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
thats like having Chuck Norris (Camaro), Mr. T (Challenger), and Cobra Commander (Mustang) all walking into a bar at the same time. im suprised the building is still standing after that amount of awesomeness in one location. well, I guess having the Mustang there lowered the effects of it. haha
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:54 PM   #23
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
And the fact that all of their owners were their holding their leashes...
Old 05-28-2007, 03:36 PM   #24
LSxcellent

Drives: MINI Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
thats like having Chuck Norris (Camaro), Mr. T (Challenger), and Cobra Commander (Mustang) all walking into a bar at the same time. im suprised the building is still standing after that amount of awesomeness in one location. well, I guess having the Mustang there lowered the effects of it. haha
ROTFLMAO!!! That is awesome... It's just such a great visual that I am still laughing as I am typing.

Goodonya!

~LSx
LSxcellent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:58 PM   #25
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Damn I didn't know the Cobra Commander was in on the awesomeness. I actually had a shirt made of Chuck Norris. It says, "Chuck Norris actually leaves the FOB. Chuck Norris hates fobbits." It's an inside joke for all us deployed guys. I get some pretty dirty looks when I wear it.

Last edited by AFSNightrod; 05-30-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:31 PM   #26
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
I just felt like throwing it out there that it's really indecent to compare the Supra on the 1/4 mile to anything with torque.

It's not it's forte, for sure. But the MKIV (last generation) Supra is a monster even with the stock twins. But for under 5k, you can have a single turbo car on stock fuel pushing 500 rwhp with a good tune. I speak from experience. It won't break 12s on stock suspension and street radials, but it will trap like it does! And the fun on the street is real hard to beat.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:20 AM   #27
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSNightrod View Post
Damn I didn't know the Cobra Commander was in on the awesomeness. I actually had a shirt made of Chuck Norris. It says, "Chuck Norris actually leaves the FOB. Chuck Norris hates fobbits." It's an inside joke for all us deployed guys. I get some pretty dirty lookes when I wear it.
cobra commander was the only person I could think of that matched the mustang/cobra with its short whiny appearance, tho now that I think about it...mr. ed

fobbits? all I could think for FOB is "field of battle"
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:29 PM   #28
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

FOB stands for Forward Operating Base. Fobbits are say... the asshole at the chow hall that won't let you in because your PT uniform is sweaty even though it's like 130 degrees outside, or the gate guard that harasses you and acts like you are a terrorist when though you are clearly a U.S. soldier in uniform in a military vehicle, and it's like 4 A.M. and you have been on the road for twelve hours waiting for Explosive Ordinance Disposal to clear an IED, or worse yet, you just got lit up. Or making rules about how to conduct operations when they have never been on a mission themselves. Basically their whole deployment experience is sitting on the base, and then acting like they saw some shit and go home and tell war stories like they went kicking down doors or something when they really sat around buying all the shit at the PX and giving everybody in general a hard time for whatever has their panties in a bunch at the moment. I understand that they do have a purpose out here, but they need not be such a dick about it. It feels like that sometimes these people exist just to piss people off and screw everybody over. I apologize for my language, but this stuff gets me pretty riled up sometimes. That's why I had the shirt made. It's my little way of sticking it to the man. For a more dictonary-like description of a Fobbit and the various subcategories of one, check out bobonthefob.com. It's definitely good for a few laughs, especially for those of you who have served. And yes. Mr. Ed it the shit. He 's their mode of transportation when Optimus Prime is on vacation.

Last edited by AFSNightrod; 06-02-2007 at 05:29 AM.