Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-14-2007, 09:15 PM   #85
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Thank you I Appreciate that.
I am hoping that it is close to accurate. That's why I did it at a 3% rate. It gives a comfortable threshold for year-to-year inflation changes.

I know GM realizes this, which is why they can expect a 100,000 production number - which by the way is a minimum production # to justify building this thing. If they sell below 100,000 a year for a few years, well, either Corvette is going to have permanant company up in the higher class segment , or we can say bye-bye to Camaro for a final time....$40,000 pricetag is insane...
Old 06-15-2007, 01:03 AM   #86
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
I just thought about something with the prices that people are quoting of $40,000.00 and what not

I think I know how their subconscience is working

94Z28 - 220hp= $22,000.00
02Z28 - 320hp= $32,000.00
then that leads to them thinkin
09Z28 - 400hp= $40,000.00

just a thought
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:40 AM   #87
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
The only way a $40K Camaro will be sold is if it's by GMMG as a special edition...period.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:04 AM   #88
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
The only way a $40K Camaro will be sold is if it's by GMMG as a special edition...period.
I know, but im just tryin to find a reason behind the madness of thinking one straight from the factory will cost 40k
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:38 AM   #89
Mr. Wyndham

Because the fools - sorry to those who think this way - think that the SS will be built to compete with the Shelby GT500, WHICH IS NOT PART OF THE FACTORY MUSTANG LINEUP!!!! The Shelby is a monster for 45,000. And is produced in limited quantitys totally separate from the Mustang! It doesn't count! The GT500 is Fords equivalant of a Corvette. GMMG like Tag is saying will build a car to fight the Shelby, in limited numbers and with insane hp numbers, totally separate from the Factory Camaro lineup!....period()

The Mustang GT will compete with the Z28, with the SS will probably be an appearance package, or performance package (with a bigger motor).

Fully loaded - I see a Z28 SS at just under 35000, like Tag said!!!
Old 06-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #90
Sabrina

Drives: 95 Camaro
price

so does anyone know the round-about price of the new camaro? i just want some kind of idea...thanks
Sabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:56 PM   #91
Bait8
Balance

Drives: A torque-less wonder.
I would pay 40k for it if it did come with 500hp. All they have to do to smack shelby GT500 in the face is simple weight less. Not like that is hard to do considering the Shelby weights 3800lbs...man...are there dead bodies in the trunk or something?...Some SUV cars don't come in that weight. I understand how one of the posters above can be a bit paranoid about how the Z28 model will not compare to the GT mustang..but in all honestly I am going for the full balls out SS cause the one thing I really like about these cars is how fast they are so I don't want to rip myself off of speed.

If what the guy above says is true and the SS is not a competition for the GT500 then I want whatever model he is talking about, The GMMG one..which I have never heard of this. .. but in order to compete it has to be the same MSRP of around 40k as the GT500 or it gets blown out of the water.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" - James Dean
Bait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:03 PM   #92
Mr. Wyndham

I'm not talking about ability or willingness to pay, Because at 500+ hp I might pay 40,000, too (maybe). I'm worried about the lifespan of this new Camaro, 35 years is a long time, but it wasn't lng enough IMO, I don't want that to happen again. If GM is going to appeal to the younger buyers - the ones with the most money, and lust for power & speed - then they can't try and sell a fully optioned SS over 35,000/36,000. It just won't fly.

BTW, I hope we've established that SS will be the Top Model, because that's the context in which I'm speaking...
Old 06-15-2007, 09:09 PM   #93
Bait8
Balance

Drives: A torque-less wonder.
Why would that drag down the life span of the car?

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" - James Dean
Bait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:30 PM   #94
Mr. Wyndham

Because GM needs to produce AT LEAST 100,000 Camaros to justify selling this car, and because that's part of the reason it died in the first place. the late 4th Gens were great performers - at that time, it beat the Mustang at everything, so performance and styling wasn't the reason for it's demise.

There were many factors in the death of the Camaro. IMO, it was pricing that drove the stake through it's small-block: the Mustang was cheaper, albeit less powerful, but still cheaper. Less people wanted a muscle car at that time, and the ones that did didn't want to spend 30,000 on a Camaro, though it was worth every penny. So GM couldn't compete, or win over the few customers that were left, so they ended the streak.

Given expected and natural progression and advances in engines, AND the inflation Factor If GM can offer a 300+ hp V6 for under 26,000, then I say they've got a winner. Factor in the 420hp LS3 for us entusiasts at under 32,000 and I say they're golden. Now add your options as you please
Old 06-15-2007, 11:50 PM   #95
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
so does anyone know the round-about price of the new camaro? i just want some kind of idea...thanks
No. No one knows price....comparable to the Mustang. Read the previous pages for more discussion on this.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:54 PM   #96
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait8 View Post
I would pay 40k for it if it did come with 500hp. All they have to do to smack shelby GT500 in the face is simple weight less. Not like that is hard to do considering the Shelby weights 3800lbs...man...are there dead bodies in the trunk or something?...Some SUV cars don't come in that weight. I understand how one of the posters above can be a bit paranoid about how the Z28 model will not compare to the GT mustang..but in all honestly I am going for the full balls out SS cause the one thing I really like about these cars is how fast they are so I don't want to rip myself off of speed.

If what the guy above says is true and the SS is not a competition for the GT500 then I want whatever model he is talking about, The GMMG one..which I have never heard of this. .. but in order to compete it has to be the same MSRP of around 40k as the GT500 or it gets blown out of the water.
GMMG builds aftermarket Camaros for dealers like Tom Henry, Dick Herell, etc. They beef up the engine, add their own flare, and do all sorts of stuff for the Camaros. This is what I meant when I said I could easily see a special edition by GMMG. This would be sold through a dealer and could easily compete w/ the GT500. I'll see if I can find ya a link to the GMMG cars.

http://www.01pewterz28.com/gmmgcars.htm
Check out these bad boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dragon, I'd also include the fact that the exterior and interior of the 4th Gen were pretty much unchanged and beginning to become bland. The look of the Camaro really hadn't changed much. Sure...it got a facelift in 98, but it's still pretty much all the same....definitely on the inside at least.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:06 AM   #97
Mr. Wyndham

sure, I forgot about that...damn, I'm so superficial - It's what's inside that counts
Old 06-16-2007, 12:58 AM   #98
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
I looooove GMMG... That is the exhaust I am planning on getting.