Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #785
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Don't think ill be working my calves anytime soon

Matter of fact..... I never have
Attached Images

Old 07-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #786
fig88

Drives: 2015 1LE
This is the thread I've been looking for! I'm sure it's been asked before but what kind of supps do you guys and gals take?
fig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #787
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fig88 View Post
This is the thread I've been looking for! I'm sure it's been asked before but what kind of supps do you guys and gals take?
How close are you to cookeville?

Most of the year just vitamins and muscle milk. Twice a year for 8 weeks at a time I take the MHP line of products.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:20 AM   #788
Ice992
Semper Fi

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fig88 View Post
100% AdvoCare products, have been since I started my journey to health again!

Currently taking: Spark, Rehydrate, muscle fuel, post workout recovery, night time recovery, omegaplex, catalyst, and MNS Max3.

Used to take a couple other very popular preworkout supps, as well as post workout. I stopped taking most of them after a bit of research about three yrs ago. One had my health screwed up pretty bad, that's what prompted the research. I will not mention brand names, as I won't "slander" a product. My suggestion is do some real research on ANY supplement you intend to put in your body. Don't take anyone's word for it, do some solid research, and find medical studies done on the products!

My company I work for in the oilfield is pretty big on drug testing also, so I avoid anything that contains banned substances. (Good go by; NFL banned companies list! https://www.nflplayers.com/about-us/...ned-Companies/ )

I'm Curious what some of the other guys on here are taking... Anyone going a "less than natural" route? Have some friends who were well juiced back in the day.

Love this thread!!!

Any crossfit freaks in here?

Ready to live life on your terms?

-H-Town Camaro Club-
Ice992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #789
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
back and shoulders last night
Old 07-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #790
Sapphire

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice992 View Post

I will watch the crossfit games! My brother a few months back went to crossfit and got certified on the lvl 1. I try to work out everyday. I'm one of few ladies that will go after the weights and not just do cardio machines lol. I think the reason being is that we don't know how to lift weights without being taught. I feel like most men knew how to lift from being in sports. If it wasn't for my bro I wouldn't be doing back squats. I really need to start on a good diet plan. that is what's killing me right now. and it doesn't help I live in the south with all this BBQ and Fried... well everything

one thing I found that makes me feel good is beyond tangy tangerine. its a powder that I like to mix with orange juice.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #791
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowCammy View Post
I will watch the crossfit games! My brother a few months back went to crossfit and got certified on the lvl 1. I try to work out everyday. I'm one of few ladies that will go after the weights and not just do cardio machines lol. I think the reason being is that we don't know how to lift weights without being taught. I feel like most men knew how to lift from being in sports. If it wasn't for my bro I wouldn't be doing back squats. I really need to start on a good diet plan. that is what's killing me right now. and it doesn't help I live in the south with all this BBQ and Fried... well everything

one thing I found that makes me feel good is beyond tangy tangerine. its a powder that I like to mix with orange juice.
One important tip in getting your diet under control.
DON'T DRINK YOUR CALORIES
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #792
Sapphire

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
One important tip in getting your diet under control.
DON'T DRINK YOUR CALORIES
will do
its one of the reasons why its hard for me to find a good protein powder, lots of them have high sugars and calories as a lady I want to slim down and then tone up a bit. I feel like alot of the powders out there are for muscle mass and just for guys in general.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #793
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowCammy View Post
will do
its one of the reasons why its hard for me to find a good protein powder, lots of them have high sugars and calories as a lady I want to slim down and then tone up a bit. I feel like alot of the powders out there are for muscle mass and just for guys in general.
Almost all the protein powders you buy from supermarkets and drug stores are garbage. A very good protein powder available on line or from GNC or Performance Nutrition is ON (Optimum Nutrition) There are many others but read the ingredient list. You should buy the powder for the protein not the additives.

Perhaps you should visit this thread. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267500
Old 07-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #794
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice992 View Post
100% AdvoCare products, have been since I started my journey to health again!

Currently taking: Spark, Rehydrate, muscle fuel, post workout recovery, night time recovery, omegaplex, catalyst, and MNS Max3.

Used to take a couple other very popular preworkout supps, as well as post workout. I stopped taking most of them after a bit of research about three yrs ago. One had my health screwed up pretty bad, that's what prompted the research. I will not mention brand names, as I won't "slander" a product. My suggestion is do some real research on ANY supplement you intend to put in your body. Don't take anyone's word for it, do some solid research, and find medical studies done on the products!

My company I work for in the oilfield is pretty big on drug testing also, so I avoid anything that contains banned substances. (Good go by; NFL banned companies list! https://www.nflplayers.com/about-us/...ned-Companies/ )

I'm Curious what some of the other guys on here are taking... Anyone going a "less than natural" route? Have some friends who were well juiced back in the day.

Love this thread!!!

In all honesty most supplements are pretty much useless. There are some that are useful such as Whey Protein Isolate and creatine monohydrate. There are some such as L -argentine, glutamine L-Tyrosine and DHEA that are useful as well as a few others but they are not needed. Almost no supplements that claim massive muscle gains or fat loss work. You want muscle, eat your proteins, healthy fats ,good carbs and work your ass off.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #795
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Drives: 11 2SSRS Vert, 11 CBR250
i work out twice a week!! i want to work out more though :(
Old 07-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #796
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Chest day tomorrow
Old 07-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #797
fig88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
How close are you to cookeville?

Most of the year just vitamins and muscle milk. Twice a year for 8 weeks at a time I take the MHP line of products.
about two hours. When i first started working out i was using muscle milk but i havent used them in along time!!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #798
fig88

Leg day today! its a love hate thing for me.