Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-26-2012, 10:37 PM   #155
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps69Z View Post
Mac,

I will join ya.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

It's awful interesting to me the conclusions a person can trick themselves into drawing. There's nothing on that sheet that seems like a big red flag saying "I'm slowwww!!!". Unless I'm completely glazing over that footnote.

Keep in mind the place where the ZL1 gained the most ground on a Boss LS around a track was the corners. The power difference had much less to do with things than one would think. So....I don't find it all that difficult to see how a lighter, stiffer, similarly-shoed Camaro couldn't come awful close to that level of track superiority...even minus the MR.

This is a performance package, after all. MR was chosen for the ZL1 to offer superior road manners AND handling. It might just be that the 1LE-spec suspension has no considerations for comfort...you wouldn't need MR.

Just ramblings...until we know more than this rumor - I think it's a disservice to the car, and the team to automatically assume it can't perform. :(

Keep the faith....

...that it will perform

...that the people building it aren't idiots

JP, have anything to add?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #156
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Definitely not a Z/28

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #157
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I will join ya.....

JP, have anything to add?
I look forward to big Red's opinions on this car, too!!

I will add this one last note....if I hadn't ordered my ZL1 already...and this was...oh, July 2012 - where both are available? I'd have a REAL hard time deciding which option to take. And I think the more we know about the 1LE, the more I'll feel that way.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:44 PM   #158
ShnOmac

Quote:
I look forward to big Red's opinions on this car, too!!

I will add this one last note....if I hadn't ordered my ZL1 already...and this was...oh, July 2012 - where both are available? I'd have a REAL hard time deciding which option to take. And I think the more we know about the 1LE, the more I'll feel that way.
Now imagine if they throw a Z/28 into the mix.......

Old 03-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #159
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I was always the kind of person better suited to limited options...if that happened...I don't think I'd know what to do with myself.

I guess I should just be thankful they chose an "all of the above" approach with the ZL1...
Old 03-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #160
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmiller92 View Post
Total Fail to call this a 1LE.

Shouldnt have any of this garbage.
AVAILABLE RS APPEARANCE PACKAGE
Equip your 1LE with HID headlamps (including halo rings), a body color roof ditch molding, and a body color shark fin antenna for a clean exterior appearance and unique RS badging.
AVAILABLE SUNROOF

With 1LE’s available power sunroof.

SUEDED MICROFIBER-WRAPPED FLAT-BOTTOM STEERING WHEEL
This flat-bottom steering wheel (borrowed from ZL1) provides room for heel/toe operation and makes getting in and out of 1LE easier. This wheel, accented with stone color stitching, makes the car feel more nimble and connects the driver more directly to the car.

SUEDED MICROFIBER-WRAPPED SHIFT KNOB
Borrowed from ZL1, the 1LE shift knob looks as good as it feels, wrapped in sueded microfiber and accented with stone color stitching. The 1LE also shares ZL1’s GM-designed short throw shifter, which has a 5.1:1 ratio — the new standard for Camaro.

AVAILABLE PREMIUM AUDIO SYSTEM
(Included on 2SS models) Enjoy premium performance sound with the Boston Acoustics® premium nine-speaker sound system.

AVAILABLE REAR VISION PACKAGE
(Included on 2SS models) Help see items behind the vehicle with the Rear Vision Camera, displayed on the 7-inch color touch radio screen.

We're damned if we do and damned if we don't --

the intent is to allow the customer to tailor his or her 1LE to the way they'd like it.

You may not like the RS package - but others just MAY want it.......

So.........I'd rather 'err' on the side of allowing people to choose options.

I don't see that as a "fail"........
Old 03-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #161
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ28 View Post
Swear to god I'll end up with a garage full of Camaros if they keep this up!

........may we have a word with you??????

(...one can never have too many, you know........)
Old 03-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #162
ShnOmac

Quote:
I was always the kind of person better suited to limited options...if that happened...I don't think I'd know what to do with myself.

I guess I should just be thankful they chose an "all of the above" approach with the ZL1...
The ZL1 is really the "catch all".....

I look forward to your in depth review ASAP!
Old 03-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #163
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Menace View Post
Some day, more than two people on this forum will actually show appreciation for change AND not judge unknown outcomes based on their own assumptions.

.......when donkeys fly............

It's called "misplaced passion" perhaps????

There IS a market for this particular model..........and remember - we're never done............
Old 03-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #164
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

the intent is to allow the customer to tailor his or her 1LE to the way they'd like it.

I like the fact that yall are offering options. Makes the customer happy and makes GM money so we can keep seeing future generations of the Camaro!
Old 03-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #165
fbodfather

Quote:

It's awful interesting to me the conclusions a person can trick themselves into drawing. There's nothing on that sheet that seems like a big red flag saying "I'm slowwww!!!". Unless I'm completely glazing over that footnote.

Keep in mind the place where the ZL1 gained the most ground on a Boss LS around a track was the corners. The power difference had much less to do with things than one would think. So....I don't find it all that difficult to see how a lighter, stiffer, similarly-shoed Camaro couldn't come awful close to that level of track superiority...even minus the MR.

This is a performance package, after all. MR was chosen for the ZL1 to offer superior road manners AND handling. It might just be that the 1LE-spec suspension has no considerations for comfort...you wouldn't need MR.

Just ramblings...until we know more than this rumor - I think it's a disservice to the car, and the team to automatically assume it can't perform. :(

Keep the faith....

...that it will perform

...that the people building it aren't idiots

Once again - the voice of reason...........

.......and for what it's worth - this (specs on 1LE) wasn't supposed to be out there yet.....
Old 03-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #166
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
I'd have to agree that this is no Z28. To be a true Z28 would require much more than a short throw shifter, some bigger sway bars, exhaust, and a bunch of unnecessary accessories to be a Z28. It would take the time and effort they put into the ZL1, all they did was slap ZL1 parts on an SS.

and THAT, my friend, is why it isn't called a Z28.......

It's a bit more than "slap(ping) ZL1 parts on an SS"......

I think that this is a targeted model to a select group..........not everyone's gonna like it and it wasn't really meant to be a mainstream Camaro........like an SS or an LT..........
Old 03-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #167
mexiken

Drives: Sofia: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS LS3
Now im bummed that i pulled the trigger on a 2012 2SS, which is being delivered tomorrow =(
Engine/Performance: Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Rx Catch Can painted IBM, (to come: JacFab CAI, muffler delete/Flowmasters)

mexiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #168
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

A BIG AWESOME for options!!!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, 1le camaro, 1le forum, camaro 1le, camaro 1le forum, camaro performance package, camaro track pack, camaro track package, where's our z/28?