Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-16-2015, 09:55 AM   #211
EvilZL1
Snake Eater

Drives: 2012 AGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvici View Post
I am making 15 lbs of boost with only a 2.55 upper pulley, after doing the boost bypass adjustment!.

Sounds good, can you tell a difference

Sent from Wayne's Manor

Make sure you don’t forget to subscribe to my channel! More content on the way. Like, share with your friends
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Z...sP2wjsLLFeP1zQ

Follow me on instagram:
http://www.instagram.com/snkeatr/
EvilZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #212
polarisiq93

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
after i adjusted mine to how it is in the pic above on the factory boost gauge which I know isn't crazy accurate it is almost at 15 at wot in 2nd gear, it used to be between 7 and 15 before
polarisiq93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:47 AM   #213
winterboy8

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Blue Velvet Metallic
I must not understand the purpose of the set screw. I thought the process was to ensure the arm physically touched the set screw, then go another 1/4 to 1/2 rotation so as to "crack" the butterfly slightly open. If the arm is not even touching the set screw, wouldn't the butterfly be fully closed? I'm missing something here for sure. Damn, now I have to read most of this lengthy thread again. haha
Old 08-16-2015, 01:49 PM   #214
Whos_Drivin

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1, '16 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterboy8 View Post
I must not understand the purpose of the set screw. I thought the process was to ensure the arm physically touched the set screw, then go another 1/4 to 1/2 rotation so as to "crack" the butterfly slightly open. If the arm is not even touching the set screw, wouldn't the butterfly be fully closed? I'm missing something here for sure. Damn, now I have to read most of this lengthy thread again. haha
My understanding is the set screw is meant to keep it slightly open. In cold weather the opening may contract enough to where it can get stuck. But that's just what I remember reading...not sure if that's the real reason.
Whos_Drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:55 AM   #215
Emvici

Drives: 2014 ZL1 White Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZL1 View Post
Sounds good, can you tell a difference

Sent from Wayne's Manor
There is a very noticeable difference from 40 mph - 90 mph, as before
the adjustment, I only had around 12lbs of boost.
Emvici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:25 AM   #216
winterboy8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whos_Drivin View Post
My understanding is the set screw is meant to keep it slightly open. In cold weather the opening may contract enough to where it can get stuck. But that's just what I remember reading...not sure if that's the real reason.
So all of these pictures of people showing their setup, as delivered from the factory, with the set screw not even touching, should be getting maximum boost as the butterfly should be completely closed. If that's the case, then the original post #1 is moot. If it is touching, then I do the "fix" and risk my butterfly getting stuck closed, but supposedly this is only supposed to happen to folks living where it's cold, even though metal expands when it gets hot. Wow, this doesn't add up, UNLESS, these are dissimilar metals and we have a race condition and now we have 2 metals expanding and contracting at different rates and amounts. Perhaps that's the issue and it is most commonly seen at colder temps. hum, might have to try anyway as I'm in warm Florida.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:57 AM   #217
Emvici

Drives: 2014 ZL1 White Convertible
winterboy, yes you want the butterfly closed all the way. when the butterfly is cracked open, then boost leaks out. It is ok for the stop screw to be touching the plate, as long as it is not pushing the butterfly open.
Emvici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:03 AM   #218
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarisiq93 View Post
My car was only making 9 lbs of boost with the 2.55 pulley, I watched the video and then checked my bypass valve and turns out it was tilted forward with the set screw pushing the plate back. I tilted it back a bit and the set screw isn't touching now I haven't been able to drive it yet but hoping for a little whine that I haven't heard yet since I've had the car
This should be sitting against the stop screw or you are leaving the butterfly partially open.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #219
polarisiq93

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
This should be sitting against the stop screw or you are leaving the butterfly partially open.

Ted.

okay thanks ted so just touching but not pushing the plate
polarisiq93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:14 PM   #220
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
If I have a tune now would adjusting this require me to get my tune adjusted. I know my tuner told me if I do anything else I will need bigger injectors. My injector duty cycle is a 100%.
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:09 AM   #221
rjs2010SS

Drives: 2013 AGM ZL1 BELLA*
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnspd View Post
If I have a tune now would adjusting this require me to get my tune adjusted. I know my tuner told me if I do anything else I will need bigger injectors. My injector duty cycle is a 100%.

This is a good question as I had mine replace under warranty. It would be nice to know if any adjustments to the tune would need to be made. Can someone please give some sort of incite on this as I am going to get my car this afternoon and would like to bring it up when I get there.
Roto Fab CAI, Roto Fab Big Gulp, Jokerz ported SC/Snout, LS7 TB ported, ATI Balancer, 28%(10") Lower Pulley, 2" Headers, No Cats,Forza 3way, E85 Flex Fuel sensor , ID850 injectors,, BTR Stage 3, Ron Davis HX, Mighty Mouse CC, APR Splitter, Aero Sports Concepts Splitter Kit, Showstoppers CarbonFiber wicker bill, MRR Wheels. 720rwhp/690tq on 93, 762rwhp E85.
2013 AGM ZL1 Bella*
2010 MGM Toyota Tacoma
2010 CGM SS (Traded)
1996 Black SS (Sold)
rjs2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:43 AM   #222
jayno20
Go fast, please.

Drives: 2019 Corvette ZR1
Don't want to sound like an idiot, but I got the tool from Lingenfelter and I don't really know how to use it.

Is there any videos or walkthroughs on exactly how to use this thing to make sure it is adjusted properly?
jayno20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:49 AM   #223
winterboy8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayno20 View Post
Don't want to sound like an idiot, but I got the tool from Lingenfelter and I don't really know how to use it.

Is there any videos or walkthroughs on exactly how to use this thing to make sure it is adjusted properly?
I feel a little uneducated on this too, so you're not alone. I ordered one as well and here are the links I found on here on how to adjust it. For some reason I can't see the pics/instructions, so not sure if everything is here on how to adjust and use the tool.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=398573&page=5

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=406

Hope these help. I'm gonna try this weekend myself, I'll post anything I find.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:13 AM   #224
jayno20
Go fast, please.

Drives: 2019 Corvette ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterboy8 View Post
I feel a little uneducated on this too, so you're not alone. I ordered one as well and here are the links I found on here on how to adjust it. For some reason I can't see the pics/instructions, so not sure if everything is here on how to adjust and use the tool.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=398573&page=5

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=406

Hope these help. I'm gonna try this weekend myself, I'll post anything I find.
hmm. Those pictures help a little bit... I can send them to you if you still can't see them. I might try this later this week.
jayno20 is offline   Reply With Quote