Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-05-2011, 12:08 AM   #3403
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
going to need to give Vararam a call
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:33 AM   #3404
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
going to need to give Vararam a call
TJ still having issues? Did putting those hard plastic rings back in do anything for you? I'm thinking of doing the same.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:07 PM   #3405
Infernoo

Drives: '11 IOM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoryred69 View Post
I ordered 2 of those turbo clamps (3.75) yesterday ill let you guys know how they work out as well... still waiting on a reply from Vararam on a replacement intake.....
If it's not too late you might want to cancel your clamp order. The 3.75 are either too big and wont fit or they sent me the wrong size. They look about an inch larger than the Vararam 3.5" rings. Here's some pics..

I'm not going to worry about reordering, as you can see from my pics the rings that Vararam provide for you work plenty good and have not warped my VR at all even though I tightened them down pretty good and drove it hard.

On a side note, the VR still has not moved and has plenty of gap space since I readjusted it a week or two ago.

(Bonus pic of my car with the new side vent gills added)
Attached Images

Infernoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:47 PM   #3406
Victoryred69

Drives: RS Victory Red/BS V6
oh well thats just fantastic thennn... there goes freaking 15$ dam canadian shipping lol !

2010 Camaro 2LT RS M6 VR/BS
Flowmaster AMT Axle Back
Vararam Ram Air Intake
P13 Plazma Bulbs
DT Shorty Headers
Heritage Grill
Blacked-Out Taillights and Side Markers

Victoryred69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #3407
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernoo View Post
If it's not too late you might want to cancel your clamp order. The 3.75 are either too big and wont fit or they sent me the wrong size. They look about an inch larger than the Vararam 3.5" rings. Here's some pics..

I'm not going to worry about reordering, as you can see from my pics the rings that Vararam provide for you work plenty good and have not warped my VR at all even though I tightened them down pretty good and drove it hard.

On a side note, the VR still has not moved and has plenty of gap space since I readjusted it a week or two ago.

(Bonus pic of my car with the new side vent gills added)

That sucks, the 3.5" I have on mine barely grabs the first couple sets of threads on the nut. So I guess the 3.5" will barely work and is almost too small but the next size up is too big. :(
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #3408
Infernoo

Drives: '11 IOM 2LT/RS
It's all good, seems the ones provided by VR work perfectly fine. I tighten mine down pretty good and no deformations. Maybe the deformations came from earlier models or from tightening the clamps down on the edge of the plastics... not good.
Infernoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #3409
musicmanz28

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green LS
That thing is way cool!
musicmanz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #3410
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Liking the gills Infernoo very nice. To bad on the turbo clamps, maybe sell them on CL or Ebay ugh.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #3411
Travis64

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1lt rs auto 4-9-11
had mine on for a week now and still has not moved =)

sounds so loud i cant even hear my loudmouth exhaust at high rpm
Travis64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #3412
Jonny

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Convertible Camaro
I didn't have any problems installing the Vararam, other than the fact that the written instructions -- both those that came with the kit, and those that can be found online -- are really pretty crappy. (In fact, the ones that came with it were simply wrong. Maybe they were from an older version.)

The installation videos, however, are brilliant, and made installation pretty easy.

I do have a couple of questions that I'm sure many here can help with. First, I guess the only way to tell if the intake butts up to the throttle body perfectly is to fit it there without the red coupler, right?

Second, the red coupler does not butt up perfectly with the throttle body, if it is positioned perfectly on the intake. Have others experienced the same thing?

Thanks,

Jonny
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:34 PM   #3413
Jonny

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Convertible Camaro
By the way, whoever said this thing was worth its price just for how it sounds...

...was right. =) Vararaooooooom!
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:04 AM   #3414
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
I didn't have any problems installing the Vararam, other than the fact that the written instructions -- both those that came with the kit, and those that can be found online -- are really pretty crappy. (In fact, the ones that came with it were simply wrong. Maybe they were from an older version.)

The installation videos, however, are brilliant, and made installation pretty easy.

I do have a couple of questions that I'm sure many here can help with. First, I guess the only way to tell if the intake butts up to the throttle body perfectly is to fit it there without the red coupler, right?

Second, the red coupler does not butt up perfectly with the throttle body, if it is positioned perfectly on the intake. Have others experienced the same thing?
Thanks,

Jonny
I have, mine is too short as well so I put it on the intake and slid it in, that way I knew it was flush, does show the TB though And this intake moved up alot. Starting to get really frustrated. Has VR said anything about this intake closing the gap and how to fix it?
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:57 AM   #3415
EricVerdunII

Drives: 2014 Black 1SS RS Chevy Camaro
Just call VR and let them send you another one. I really believe they have fixed the problem with the intake now.
EricVerdunII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:28 AM   #3416
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Many H-town Camaro Club members will be at Woodlands C&C this morn. If anyone wants to see this first hand, I will have GRN ENV there.

Still no movement from original install.