Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Long Overdue Thank You for Pete at Pedders

Hendrix Engineering Thank You Letter

To everyone who was involved with, helped out, or was at the 2011 Camaro5 Fest in Arizona, I would personally like to thank you on behalf of the entire Hendrix Engineering team. I know this has since been long overdue, but I am unfortunately just now getting around to it. I have had a lot going on this year. While this event was in the planning stage, my father was diagnosed with cancer. Shortly after, my father came to me with his final requests: To get his finances in order, bring the rest of the family, my brother and two sisters, to peace with the situation, and help them take care of their personal issues; something he was no longer able to do. Since then, he has passed away, and I have done everything in my power to fulfill his final wishes. This, along with work, has taken up most of my free time in the past few months. Hopefully everyone will understand why I am just now getting around to this.

As some of you may know, and some may not, my wife and I were married at the event. We have been together for the past 18 years, and for a few of those, we have been contemplating marriage. Thankfully this event was what finally pushed us to tie the knot. The event and the ceremony were both fantastic. By the grace of god, my two favorite things in this world, my wife and drag racing, were brought together on one special day to make for an unforgettable wedding. I couldn't believe how nervous I was to get married, even though I have been with Lisa for almost half of my life. I was sweating bullets, and nearly fainted a number of times. However, the ceremony was beautiful, and I couldn't have asked for anything more. I was able to spend the entire day with the woman I love, and other Camaro enthusiasts just like myself. All in all, the entire event was amazing, to say the least, and I would like to thank everyone involved. You guys really do not know how much your help and support means to my wife and I.

Until now, I haven't had a chance to stop and personally thank everyone the helped out, which I am terribly sorry for. First and foremost, I would like to thank my good buddy Pete with Pedders Suspension. He was nice enough to reward my family and I with a Justice Suspension Kit for my 2010 Camaro, which by the way, made my Camaro handle like a dream. I never thought My Camaro would handle the way it does now that the Pedders suspension kit has been installed. He also set up the entire ceremony. I was, and still am very thankful for this particular wedding gift. It was a great addition to the list of things that made the wedding such an unforgettable event. If it were not for Pete and all of his extraordinary efforts, this amazing event would have never taken place, and without a doubt, I would still be a fiance right now and not a happily married man. I would also like to thank National Speed for the great job they did installing the Pedders Suspension Kit. Next up is GM, along with Scott S. They brought two brand new 2012 Convertible Chevrolet Camaros to the event that [Scott S. A.K.A. "The F-Body Father" used to drive my beautiful wife down the track to the alter, where he gave her away to me.

With all of this being said, I would like to ask that you all please do not let my belated thank you reflect on how grateful i am. Lately I have had a whole lot on my plate, and sincerely thank everyone. Once again, this goes out to everyone that took part in making the Camaro5 fest such a memorable milestone in my life. I appreciate it more than you will ever know. I wish there was something I could do to show you guys, but i guess this will have to suffice. Thanks again to everyone!

Old 11-23-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT

Thomas!

Man we are all so happy to have been a part of it.

I'll never forget when Pete asked me, "so, how do you feel about a wedding at the fest?"

He then explained his diabolical plan and it was off to the races... literally..

I know you guys traveled a long way to be there and it sure did seem by the smiles on you and your lovely wife's faces that you were enjoying it.

We were honored that you were willing to be such a big part of the event and let us share the wedding with you.

No hard feelings at all my friend, life comes first. Very sorry to hear about your father. Camaro5 will always be here for you.

Looking forward to seeing you and the better half at Fest III,

Chris
Old 11-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
I am sorry to read about the passing of your father. Your priorities were and are as they should be. Family, family and family. I believe your father passed in peace knowing your would take care of his family. I was proud to be involved in your wedding and could not be more proud to call you a friend. You, Lisa and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers this holiday season.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:46 AM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Old 11-24-2011, 03:03 AM   #5
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Totaly awesome.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

Thomas!

Man we are all so happy to have been a part of it.

I'll never forget when Pete asked me, "so, how do you feel about a wedding at the fest?"

He then explained his diabolical plan and it was off to the races... literally..

I know you guys traveled a long way to be there and it sure did seem by the smiles on you and your lovely wife's faces that you were enjoying it.

We were honored that you were willing to be such a big part of the event and let us share the wedding with you.

No hard feelings at all my friend, life comes first. Very sorry to hear about your father. Camaro5 will always be here for you.

Looking forward to seeing you and the better half at Fest III,

Chris

It was such a memorable part of Fest II. One of the few things about that weekend that I'm sure I'll never forget.

Old 11-24-2011, 11:57 PM   #7
JusticePete

I can see it now. We'll all be at C5FEST XXII with the 7th Gen for your 20 Year Anniversary party.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:23 AM   #8
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Thomas,

I could not make the Fest this year but heard about the wedding and it was a great thing. I am sorry about your father and it looks like you have moved into the head of family type role. I hope all goes well for you, your wife and the rest of your family.

Take care my friend.

Scott
Old 11-25-2011, 02:52 AM   #9
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Thomas & Lisa,
You two were a grand looking couple! Especially passing by that ZL1! I think everyone understands the near fainting. It was a hot son of a gun. You may have been wilting but your bride looked fantastic throughout.

As was said...family is everything. Your Dad is surely smiling down on you. Life IS about making good choices and you my friend have cornered the market in all arenas.

My wife and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary at about the same time as the next Fest and we don't know if we can make it because we may be off somewhere remote! But we hope to cross paths with you both in the future just to say hi and introduce ourselves.

Best of luck always.
Jim and Erica
along with Orange Krate

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Old 11-27-2011, 10:21 AM   #10
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Thanks guys! Its Thomas not sure where Rick came from lol!
Old 11-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #11
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Just slap me... Thomas... it's really embarrassing considering the number of times we've spoken in person and on the phone...

Just put me in my little corner.... Gah... I guess I want you to have Mr. Hendricks wealth??? yeah that's it..

I'm so sorry Thomas...

I'm gonna fix my post...
Old 11-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #12
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Just slap me...
Old 11-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #13
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
It was a beautiful ceremony, and I am glad I was there to share it with you, your beautiful wife and so many C5 family/friends.

Are you announcing a new member to the family at the next event.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #14
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
It was a beautiful ceremony, and I am glad I was there to share it with you, your beautiful wife and so many C5 family/friends.

Are you announcing a new member to the family at the next event.

Closed Thread