Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #841
Lumino1LE
Rally Yellow 2SS/RS/SR

Drives: Born 11/12 2012 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
Another Camaro5 member posting his wheels for sale and i happened to respond immeadiately. It's all about timing huh?
Lumino1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #842
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
Everything but the tails blacked out(so far):

Old 12-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #843
white1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
SUKXOST, since you've lowered it with Pfadt springs, have you had any issues with the tires rubbing the fenders? Front tires look really close to the fenders and they stick out past the fender lip, which looks great! Also been curious about the rear when you put the fat tires on.
white1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #844
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by white1LE View Post
SUKXOST, since you've lowered it with Pfadt springs, have you had any issues with the tires rubbing the fenders? Front tires look really close to the fenders and they stick out past the fender lip, which looks great! Also been curious about the rear when you put the fat tires on.
It's never rubbed a single time. In the next couple 3 weeks I'll get the other tires on, so check back. The rear has a lil more height so shouldnt be a problem in the rear either. The 315s ARE wide so I'll keep a close watch on it.

check back :P
Old 12-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #845
white1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Will do. Thanks!
white1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:53 PM   #846
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
I must admit your car looks better with black wheels. Does it stay warm enough in your area, to keep them on all year? Also, I've never used claybar. I thought it was used to remove old residue from cars. Is it really beneficial on new paint? Thanks!
NorCal - Yes. It only goes down into the 40s in the winter. We have SOME days when it'll pop to 35 maybe a wee bit lower. But then the sun comes out and it warms up a bit. So I can run these tires and wheels year 'round.

Clay - If you haven't experienced a clayed car, do it. You'll never go back. There's a quick test to make sure you've clalyed your 2x2 section correctly whereby you put your hand in a plastic produce bag and feel the paint. It glides like nothing you've ever felt. My neighbors kept stopping by yesterday wondering why I was doing so much. I had them try the plastic bag feel test. When they compared the clayed side to the non-clayed side, one neighbor said, "Wow. That's like sandpaper!" To which I replied, "And that's factory paint!!!! .... which is WHY I'm claying it!"

Also, after claying properly, you can then polish your car to remove any of the factory paint imperfections then you can wax your car to seal and protect the now beautiful paint. Some people skip the polish but wax won't fix the paint. It'll fill the paint in. This topic is often debated. There are great filler products like Zaino that make your car better the more you use them. And then there's the polish crowd that believes in actually repairing the paint before sealing it w/o having or needing to fill it.

Check out the Junkman videos on YouTube and it the paint and care section of the forum. After you've watched his videos you'll get the idea. Maybe see his videos on Polish, Sealing and the two bucket wash.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:31 AM   #847
mnguyen

Drives: Ca Ma Ro
1LE Police off duty :-)

A
Attached Images

mnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:42 AM   #848
mnguyen

Check out my video on youtube.
http://youtu.be/ISqfaGcu4sk
Old 12-17-2012, 03:23 AM   #849
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Officer, officer...I wasn't racing!!! I just wanted to see if you could catch me.

Damn...got caught by a 1LE.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:36 AM   #850
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSS24 View Post
Officer, officer...I wasn't racing!!! I just wanted to see if you could catch me.

That looks like what you need...

Sent from a rainbow while riding a unicorn
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:05 AM   #851
mnguyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSS24 View Post

Lol
Old 12-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #852
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
NorCal - Yes. It only goes down into the 40s in the winter. We have SOME days when it'll pop to 35 maybe a wee bit lower. But then the sun comes out and it warms up a bit. So I can run these tires and wheels year 'round.

Clay - If you haven't experienced a clayed car, do it. You'll never go back. There's a quick test to make sure you've clalyed your 2x2 section correctly whereby you put your hand in a plastic produce bag and feel the paint. It glides like nothing you've ever felt. My neighbors kept stopping by yesterday wondering why I was doing so much. I had them try the plastic bag feel test. When they compared the clayed side to the non-clayed side, one neighbor said, "Wow. That's like sandpaper!" To which I replied, "And that's factory paint!!!! .... which is WHY I'm claying it!"

Also, after claying properly, you can then polish your car to remove any of the factory paint imperfections then you can wax your car to seal and protect the now beautiful paint. Some people skip the polish but wax won't fix the paint. It'll fill the paint in. This topic is often debated. There are great filler products like Zaino that make your car better the more you use them. And then there's the polish crowd that believes in actually repairing the paint before sealing it w/o having or needing to fill it.

Check out the Junkman videos on YouTube and it the paint and care section of the forum. After you've watched his videos you'll get the idea. Maybe see his videos on Polish, Sealing and the two bucket wash.
Thanks for taking the time, and the clarification on claybar. I'll watch the videos and get with the program.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:35 PM   #853

Drives: 2012 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1LE View Post
Finally some nice pictures to Show:

Thank you! Official decided I want AGM because someone finally took some good pictures!!! Sexy car
2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #854
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Got my rear tires swapped out for winter. Snagged this vid while the tire guy took my car to the shop.

Before and after pics of tires:

Close up of new tires on wheel:

Full car before and full car after:
Before:

After:

No comments on how dirty she is! :P

Tags
1le, 1le camaro, 2013, 2014, 2015, boss=secretaryofsecondplace, gen5, npp = sex