Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #29
Sour DeeZ

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofpuppets View Post
If you're using it for track use, not drag, don't use that motor. Getting it passed A600 gets all but undriveable.

Yeh thats true, its pretty rediculous, and pretty much it's why I stopped playing the game. I'm going take it out and replace it with the LS9.
Sour DeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:37 PM   #30
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
I agree... hope for the best! I use PS3 mostly for netflix at the moment, and having a blue ray player is also a nice added benefit... but I have to admit, it was GT5 which really sealed the deal in my purchase.

I hope it comes out before PS4!
Yeah no kidding! I suspect GT5 will come out around November of this year.

I used to have a 360 until an ex-girlfriend moved off to Portland with it. $700 bucks worth of system, accessories and games up and gone, with no way to retrieve it.

I dont want to buy a 360 again..but you folks and your Forza 3 (I had Forza 2 for the 360) are making me consider it.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:05 PM   #31
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post

I used to have a 360 until an ex-girlfriend moved off to Portland with it. $700 bucks worth of system, accessories and games up and gone, with no way to retrieve it.

I dont want to buy a 360 again..but you folks and your Forza 3 (I had Forza 2 for the 360) are making me consider it.
Dude that game is awesome. It's not very releastic, but of course what racing game is lol, but it's a whole lot of fun to play. So far I've got a GT500, Ram SRT10 (540 Hemi Supercharged ), 2010 Camaro SS, etc.

What really surprised me about the game is the inclusion of trucks and suvs! It's especially fun when you fly by Z06s/Ford GTs with a SRT10. Even though the ~800 untuned (for now) HP is completely uncontrollable on the track though.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:41 AM   #32
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour DeeZ View Post
I put the Chevy Stock Car motor in my camaro in Forza 3, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to tune, I have everything top of the line you can get in it. But I cannot seem to tune it, I think I get it right, but it just doesn't feel right. I suggest you guys try it, and tell me how you did it.
What do you mean? Do you mean you can't get it to handle, or you can't get good times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofpuppets View Post
If you're using it for track use, not drag, don't use that motor. Getting it passed A600 gets all but undriveable.
I have to use Traction Control That's the only Assist I'll use, because it just isn't fun having to pedal all the time. I won't for the AWD cars, but the rest of the cars, unless they're stock, I'll use TC if I'm on-line with buddies. I just can't go that fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour DeeZ View Post
Yeh thats true, its pretty rediculous, and pretty much it's why I stopped playing the game. I'm going take it out and replace it with the LS9.
Have you used any assists? If you are looking for any ideas, I'll tell you that I use tranny settings close to OEM ZR1 ratios, I keep my front swaybar kinda' low and my rear near the lowest; my spring rates high in the front, lower in the rear; bound is high; rebound is about 70% of bound; and lowest ride height. With these settings, the car drives pretty comfortable for my style, and handling seems pretty neutral. That's just me though, and I still don't understand what you mean by it not being drivable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post

If you got the money, it's worth getting, if you as me; I'm a Playstation person, myself, and am totally glad I got it. JMVHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
Dude that game is awesome. It's not very releastic, but of course what racing game is lol, but it's a whole lot of fun to play. So far I've got a GT500, Ram SRT10 (540 Hemi Supercharged ), 2010 Camaro SS, etc.

What really surprised me about the game is the inclusion of trucks and suvs! It's especially fun when you fly by Z06s/Ford GTs with a SRT10. Even though the ~800 untuned (for now) HP is completely uncontrollable on the track though.
Traction Control FTW! I hate to use it, but I can't go fast in these cars without it. It's more fun, but if I want to win races against my friends, who are using TC, that's what I gotta' do.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #33
BabyHauler

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Has anybody done a simple ralley strip kit? I want my forza camaro to look like my real one. I tried I just couldnt get them to look right
Old 04-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #34
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Try getting on the Storefront and seeing if you can find any free ones

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #35
BabyHauler

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS 6M
I have but have not seen any yet. Ill just try to keep my eyes peeled
Old 04-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #36
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyHauler View Post
Has anybody done a simple ralley strip kit? I want my forza camaro to look like my real one. I tried I just couldnt get them to look right
I have one. Found it in the store front. I think it's locked so you can't change the color, but it's a dead on replica of the orange stripe.

And radz, I'm right with you. If it's RWD, I'll use TC and that's it. But even then, the handling suuuuucks. I think my Camaro when it was set up A600 for track use, I never got it better then 6.0 handling. And even with the TC, playing cat and mouse and tag I need to be able to stop (usually by hitting someone) and get right back going again quick. Can't do that as well with RWD.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #37
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
I love Forza 3, the only thing is, they screwed up the Camaro's taillights. When you step on the brake, only the outside lights come on! Like, seriously!

I have 3, a B class (blue one), A class (RCMP cop car), and an S class Convertible LS9 powered one (not shown).

and I love my CTS V... and ZR1 the blue ones of course!

Old 04-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #38
Bumble-T

Drives: 1994 Vert
same thing with me haha, i bought the game just to play as all the camaros!
2011 Synergy Green Camaro (ordering soon)

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Are you awesome?

If you answered yes, then yes, the camaro is for you.
Bumble-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:35 PM   #39
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
Does Forza 3 come out on PS2??
Old 04-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #40
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
I now have a 3 stock with factory stripes, still my yenko, slp, and bumblebee.
I can sell some to you guys if you want. Find a car thats worth 5k and send it to me, ill send a camaro to you.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #41
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiLT View Post
Does Forza 3 come out on PS2??

Oh no wait... are you serious? Oh ok. Sorry, 360 Only.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #42
RockyTop

Drives: 2000 Camry
checking bank account now

damn you
RockyTop is offline   Reply With Quote