Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 836 76.07%
No 263 23.93%
Voters: 1099. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2008, 12:01 PM   #463
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Actually, its been dead since 2002. But, that doesn't have anything to do with its resurrection being called off.
- Xanthos
harty har har. lol. you're funny.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:02 PM   #464
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
I've got three trumpets if somebody can throw in four more.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:11 PM   #465
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
Well ... just like all and every single thread of this forum until the unveiling of official specs ...

Just take this thread for what it is: just a way to make Fbofather see the "word" "Z28" every time he comes on the forum ...

We (who am I to speak for the others????) just want to make potential GM people coming here know that there are potential buyers for a Z28, that there is a market for supercharged camaros, that we're quite a few to want something stronger than the SS.

I can't imagine to let it be and to make them think that we're all happy with the SS.

Oh, I'm not dreaming, I know it won't change a decision already taken, but I guess it's worth the try ... don't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post

Edit:

Some of us talked about a Fbodfather Z28 smiley.

For your viewing pleasure. If the Mods don't approve I understand. Not meant to pick a fight in any way.
I'm going to make this a new addition to my sig' if the Mods' are okay with it, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
the problem is, no matter what is said, no matter who says it (and that even includes the Fbodfather himself), someone out there is going to pretend like they know more than you do... and that's just annoying to me... because none, I repeat, NONE of the people who are on the Camaro or Z28 focus groups, design teams, brand managers, marketing managers or ANYONE related to the car has come in here and said, "the Z28 is dead"... not a ONE of them... and here we are still talking about speculation because someone had breakfast with a guy who could be being misquoted? we know the Z28 isn't slated for production yet, therefore there are no production "plans"... every single project at GM is being looked at and is potentially on the chopping block right now... we already know all about that, right? so why are we still talking about it? its pointless... its a waste of bandwidth... GM knows we want a Z28... they know it VERY well... the demand is outrageous... but this is neither the time nor the place to be hawking Magnuson superchargers just because someone misquoted a GM exec.

sorry for the rant, but this whole thread has gone completely awry and is just pointless now.
... but entertaining. After reading more comments from the poster you're referring to, I don't think it was posted with the intent some of us (i.e. me, specifically) may have taken it as. I believe he was trying to try to inform us of what was available out there through his experience, and I can appreciate that.

To address your last comment though, I agree that IMHO, it would be nice to stay focused on one topic in this thread. Regardless, we'll just have to keep up with all the new posts

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:38 PM   #466
Wm Holden
Yes, that's my real name.

Drives: 2005 LS2 600hp GTO
Thumbs up

Thanks radz....you got me figured out.

The good news is...they ARE watching....

Magnuson 112HH supercharger at 7.5 psi (Virtual 9.0 liter) 600hp 1 of 2 torrid/red int /A4/05 555r 275/40/R17's Nitto Extreme Drags 1.7 60 ft Car runs high 11's No other mods. I got the first 112HH Magnuson blower ported for a GTO. Now it appears it was also one of the last....

http://www.ribbonprinting.com http://www.personalizedawarenessribbons.com
Wm Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:54 PM   #467
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wm Holden View Post
Thanks radz....you got me figured out.

The good news is...they ARE watching....

That's all I'm asking.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:24 PM   #468
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Quote:
Because this thread looks like 20 pages of mis-information up to this point.

I'm just trying to help you ALL get a handle on reality...

Be wishful if you want.

Gather facts in one hand and wish in the other. See which one produces a 600hp CamAro.

K, heres what i think. 1: Its Ed Welburn, the dude who wanted to see it again heck, he even owns one and I think even knows the true meaning of such a car. 2: No crap is he going to keep his mouth shut and IMO it seems like he would hide any info on any future camaro products. 3: Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:41 PM   #469
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
The original Z/28 Camaro was a stripped-down lightweight model with less creature comfort equipment than the Camaro SS. And its 302 was the smallest V8 engine in any Camaro model back then. Maybe with gas prices and the economy both headed in the wrong direction, GM will return the Z/28 to its roots and make it lighter and with limited optional equipment and put their 260hp turbo 4-cylinder in it. Wouldn't that be something!
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:55 PM   #470
Wm Holden

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
The original Z/28 Camaro was a stripped-down lightweight model with less creature comfort equipment than the Camaro SS. And its 302 was the smallest V8 engine in any Camaro model back then. Maybe with gas prices and the economy both headed in the wrong direction, GM will return the Z/28 to its roots and make it lighter and with limited optional equipment and put their 260hp turbo 4-cylinder in it. Wouldn't that be something!
with hybrid tech at the wheels!!!!
Magnuson 112HH supercharger at 7.5 psi (Virtual 9.0 liter) 600hp 1 of 2 torrid/red int /A4/05 555r 275/40/R17's Nitto Extreme Drags 1.7 60 ft Car runs high 11's No other mods. I got the first 112HH Magnuson blower ported for a GTO. Now it appears it was also one of the last....

Old 08-07-2008, 07:02 PM   #471
The Great KJ
The Great KJ

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T & 05 Caravan
Send a message via Yahoo to The Great KJ
Z28 (Hottest Topic)

Just noting that the discussion regarding the Z28 has the most replies of any other topic or discussion right now.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:52 PM   #472
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
.....and put their 260hp turbo 4-cylinder in it. Wouldn't that be something!
Don't make me vomit! Go buy a Cobalt SS if you want something like that.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:13 PM   #473
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
all I'm going to say is prepare to get flamed for that statement. everyone here that is a true enthusiast has already stated what the original Z was.

now to put a turbo 4 in it for those enthusiasts would be like dropping an import engine in a classic muscle car. it shouldn't be done for whatever reason. . .I'm sorry I respectfully disagree with how you view a Z28 should be brought back. and hope people aren't to hard on you for that statement. everyone is entitled to their opinion.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:38 PM   #474
Wm Holden

Old 08-07-2008, 10:06 PM   #475
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:

I like that one.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:02 AM   #476
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
This topic is supposed to make GM know we want a supercharged Z28.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't give them such bad ideas!!!!