Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-07-2007, 08:26 PM   #1
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
"The little things" I'd like to see...

I was thinking of some of the "little things" I'd like to see on the new Camaro...some are items I've seen on other vehicles, some are just things which were nuisance's (which I want to see avoided on the new Camaro)...so, here goes;

- one touch up/down power windows.

- ability to lower windows via the key fob. (VW has a similar feature. Thought it might be a good feature during the hot weather, allowing the car to cool a little before entering.)

- "3 click" turn signal" indicator. On Mercedes Benz cars, as well as the new Jeep G.C. you can push on the turn signal stalk partially, and the signal will only flash 3 times. (You can fully engage the signal to remain on longer by pushing the stalk further.)

- auto-dimming high-beam headlights. On the new Jeep G.C., the high beams activate automatically.

- "service due" reminder. A system to track the intervals between oil changes.

- ability to check tire pressure via on-board system.

Just some of the things I thought it might be nice to see on the new Camaro. Then again, if we want ot to remain affordable, some of these items might not be feasible.

Any additional thoughts/ideas?
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:01 PM   #2
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Drives: nothing now
most people don't notice but I like where the gas filler cap is on the concept. I really hope they keep that. You have to be careful with the tire pressure check valve stems. Whoever changes the tires will change the stems for cheap ones. You just have to remember to take them off.
Myka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:34 PM   #3
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
GM has the oil-life monitor on most of their vehicles, and my money would be on the tire pressure monitor being in Camaro, too.

I'm betting that the windows on the key-fob won't make it...but they could .

I'd really like the push-button/switch ignition to stay. I, too, like where they put the gas-cap. And it seems to me the way they designed the rear fenders, that that is where it's gonna stay.

I'd also like to see a remote start. I'm not decided on tranny, yet - but if I get an auto - I want a remote starter. Start'er up as someone's walking past in the parking lot...

I also want a compartment between the passenger, and driver. That's a MUST.

And finally, I think the inside rear-view mirror is slick where it is.

Moose: I've never heard of those High-beam things, how do they work? I mean, what do they sense to turn on?
Old 09-08-2007, 12:02 AM   #4
AConn

Drives: 2005 Subaru WRX STi
i'd like on board tire pressure sensors too.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:05 AM   #5
Mr. Wyndham

Only, I don't want it to tell me that the tires are in danger of exploding, or are low, or something - as I burnout...

"danger: Tire pressure sensor detects dengerous tire situation!"

"No $hit, Sherlock"

Old 09-08-2007, 01:23 AM   #6
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
I am in agreement with everyone on the tire pressure light, good point Moose!

(My Camaro has a light that comes on when it's time to change the oil and another light when I need to add oil, so they are two seperate lights. One says "Oil Change" and the other says "Low Oil". Those are the only lights that have ever been on in my car besides the "Check Gauges" light when I really need to get gas so I'm not sure what all the other ones say! lol)

I'm also all about the keyless start. My boyfriend's grandparents just got a new HHR (Heavy Hot Rod! ) and it has the keyless start, I must admit I'm impressed! It would be really handy, especially for the winter months!

I know the window thing shouldn't be THAT big of a deal, but it always annoys the crap out of me to have to hold that stupid button down to roll the passenger window down or hold them in to roll either window up. I strongly agree with the one-touch power window button! (Maybe this can also work for the rear windows, if added? )

I don't really want my keyhole to my door sticking out like a sore thumb. I don't know if I would rather they take away the keyhole on the doors all together, because what if your keyless remote battery dies? But just make it the same color as the car or something so that it doesn't look so bad! Heck, a hidden keyhole on the doors would be pretty neat! My car is pewter and my keyholes on my doors are black!!

I would also like to be able to distinctly tell between a V6, Z28 and SS...I think badges are important on a car. The Mustang has that new Pony Package where the V6 looks almost identical to a GT... What's the fun in that?! I like the way the 4th gen Camaros made their badging plain to see. The new Mustangs you can't hardly tell if it's a V6 or GT or what!

Plenty of color choices!! I personally love the Dark Grey color, like the PS version in my signature. I would love a color like that, or Sunset Orange Metallic! Mmmm!!!

Sirius Satellite Radio! Need I say more?!

Compass/Thermometer Don't want to sound like a dork here, but I think those things are so cool! I have never been able to read the temp in my car and I think it'd be pretty awesome! LOL (little things amaze me!)

Of course, climate controls! Duh!

Comfortable seats! I love the seats in my 4th gen, so I really hope the new ones will be as comfy!

....and last, but certainly not least!...

T-Tops! Gotta hold out hope for something!

If no t-tops, then give me a sunroof/moonroof!

Did I forget anything?
Old 09-08-2007, 02:28 AM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Wow...ya'll mentioned the majority that I was thinking of. I like the little things...you know...that bring the car up to date. Take for example, the compass and temp on the rear view. This should be standard. I want to know the temp outside and inside the car. Good one.

Windows (auto) are a for sure in my book. Gotta have the express roll down/up.

Oh, something I didn't hear....I want a USB plug that I can plug a media card/stick into which holds all my MP3 songs. This makes so much more sense than a darn CD.

Optional headers w/ manufacturer warranty.

Targa top or hard top vert.

Smart headlights that turn in the direction your wheels turn.

BRIGHT reverse lights.

Bluetooth enabled...radio is playing and your phone rings. Your radio automatically turns off and rings your phone over the car stereo speakers. You push a button on your steering wheel and say "hello?" into thin air and can speak directly to the person w/out any headsets or cell phones to hold on to. You push the "off" bluetooth button and the radio automatically comes back on.

Push button start like on the concept. Remote start would be cool...at least the roll down windows.

Door handles on the side of the door...similar to the vette.

Heads up display.

Full 100K warranty on the ENTIRE car.

I'll post up more when they come to mind.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:17 AM   #8
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Full 100K warranty on the ENTIRE car.
**Lifetime Warranty**
Old 09-08-2007, 10:26 AM   #9
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Moose: I've never heard of those High-beam things, how do they work? I mean, what do they sense to turn on?
On the Jeep, the headlights are operated/set via a stalk on the steering column. When set in the "auto" mode, there is a sensor in the dash (hidden) that will activate the high-beams as necessary and deactivate them whenever there is an approaching vehicle.

It's amazing how well they work. I was initially skeptical of them, waiting to get the "high-beam flash" from approaching cars, but the headlights dim themselves quicker than I could.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:36 AM   #10
Mr. Wyndham

Impressive.

of all these technological advances in Automobiles, how everything is going over to electric powered this, and electric that. I'm hesitant to opt for these things, as nice as they all are. Someone here once said that More Manual things = less things to go wrong. I completely agree.

Having said that - I'm shoving my foot in my mouth by saying; I think having an electric-power steering option seems pretty cool. To stiffen or soften the road-feel - could be a very nice feature - plus it gets rid of the power steering pump accessory Yeay!! More power! I just don't want anybody to remotely take over my car and drive me into a ditch, or something :eek:.....
Old 09-08-2007, 10:39 AM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
On the Jeep, the headlights are operated/set via a stalk on the steering column. When set in the "auto" mode, there is a sensor in the dash (hidden) that will activate the high-beams as necessary and deactivate them whenever there is an approaching vehicle.

It's amazing how well they work. I was initially skeptical of them, waiting to get the "high-beam flash" from approaching cars, but the headlights dim themselves quicker than I could.
That's pretty cool. I'd never heard of this option until now. Talk about a safety factor for that car! That's a big selling point, IMO. Now, add the turning headlights to the auto dimming, etc and we've got a deal!
Old 09-08-2007, 10:45 AM   #12
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Now, add the turning headlights to the auto dimming, etc and we've got a deal!
You mean, "we've got a Cadillac"...
Old 09-08-2007, 11:08 AM   #13
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Well, who's building it??? It's going to have that great build quality. Plus, if you could add the option w/out adding too much cost, why not? I wouldn't be upset if they didn't make them, but it would be cool. I do like those extra options...I'm tired of plain Jane...
Old 09-08-2007, 11:11 AM   #14
LSxcellent

Drives: MINI Cooper S
Less is more...

I'd like the option to 'go light' without sacrificing performance. Here is my wish list:

-Snug lightweight sports seats that are cloth or cloth/leather or alcantra (suede)

-FAT Alcantra Steering wheel (like the one in the M3)

-Simple key-start ignition

-Lightweight Performance Wheel option (Forged aluminum wheels with big tires) with the option for brushed aluminum, chrome, black chrome, and maybe flat black?

-On-Board performance computer (with 0-60 times, 1/4 mile, etc)

-Alcantra dash/door cover option ( or a fabric cover that is fairly matte)

-Digital 'Rally-Pack' gauges that can be reconfigured with different information by the customer.

-Exhaust bypass option (like the one on the Z06)

-Performance headers/hot cam WITH warranty

-Strut tower brace from the factory

-Lots of colors (with a nice rally blue please!)

-Rally stripes from the factory (not stickers if possible please!)

-Chrome gas-cap option (in its current location and shape!)

-Fold down rear seats with trunk pass-thru

-Blue-Tooth

-iPod support IN the stereo

-VERY nice stereo (good quality, not just volume)

-LED headlamps (much cheaper to replace if you have to pay!)

-Headlamp covers

-Weight under 3400lbs! (yeah right... but what the heck).

~LSx
LSxcellent is offline   Reply With Quote