Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-04-2008, 07:39 PM   #1
WCFB-Russ

Drives: ?????
I think its funny - everyone needs to relax about the "pre-production" pics...

Everyone needs to relax a little bit.

Honestly.

When the concept was being thrown around and everyone I knew was saying that it would be ugly. I told them to just wait - GM will not fail us. The concept was released and all the people I knew that were saying it would suck changed their mind. ALL OF THE PEOPLE I KNEW SAYING THIS.

now everyone is all butthurt about the gas cap location and the headlights and the backup lights and various other little nuances concerning all the pictures coming out on the web.

People:
generally car companies DONT like people to see the test mules. Why? because they are slapped together with parts that arent going to necessarily be used on the actual car - simply to let the car run through its paces and make sure that the general overall design / instrumentation / engine / tranny / etc - all work and can be used in a variety of temperatures and situations. Its real-world testing of the vehicle.

No im not in the auto industry. It's just common sense. when you build something you have to stress test it before you can release it to the market. You wouldnt expect GM to throw a car together, and then say - here you go - and when the wheels fall off just be like "oh, our bad".

that would suck.

anyway... was over on camaroz28 and picked this up for all of you:

posted by Fbodfather:
------------------------------
wrong headlamps -- pieces missing -- but you can see the new Camaro looks very much like the concept........

(read atwixt the lines....)
------------------------------

Something most people fail to miss is that Scott loves the F-body community. He gives us hints - has been giving us hints as much as he possibly can while still remaining in the good graces of his employer and the rest of the world.

if you do what he asks "read atwixt (between) the lines.." in the statement above you will notice one thing is "between lines (-- right here --)":

"Pieces missing". perhaps one of these "pieces" is the proper gas cap - the spoiler out back of the car - or other things that they havent shown us yet?

You need to have faith in GM again. those of you that were all upset that the camaro was gone are now all upset that its here and its not 100% of what you thought it would be. or is it? none of us knows EXACTLY what the ACTUAL car will look like until the first commercial

I will bet anyone here 100.00 that GM will release the debut Camaro commercial during the superbowl. probably in 2009 - for the upcoming 2010 year (if not sooner).

if not during the superbowl then definitely somewhere highly visible.

GM will do this in style...i can feel it. this is the grand re-entrance of the Camaro line. (with maybe a firebird to follow?)...

they have already done things that other automakers would hate. in fact most automakers hate auto papparazzi...requiring them to give up shots they have taken or threatening them with lawsuits for taking spy shots...gm has embraced the community...its time for us to embrace gm and trust them with our favorite icon.

Long Live the Camaro!

Last edited by WCFB-Russ; 02-04-2008 at 10:09 PM.
WCFB-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Here, here to the relaxing.

The general hubbub has died down some. Most some people still don't seem to get the fact that you brought up. Test vehicles aren't meant to be seen.

But good thread, none the less!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:48 PM   #3
munkee drummer

Drives: 2010 convertible
true dat!^
munkee drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:53 PM   #4
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Amen, I was just contemplating a similar post.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:15 PM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3

At least some new members understand what those pictures are. Half the time when new people come in for those spyshots (more senior members aren't immune either) and start commenting they ignore the facts. They see a flat white car that is missing this, missing that, blah blah blah. Well yes, but what about the fact that the majority of things appear identical to the concept? Or the fact that it isnt the final car and doesn't have all the final parts on it. Or even the fact that the different trim levels will look different from the top version.

Welcome to the site
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #6
Killer CamAro

Drives: 06 cobalt ss, 1968 camaro ss
You guys are exactly right if you try to find spyshots of anything thats in pre pro state, all you see is maybe one pic, and the pic is shot at an angle that looks as close as or identical to the concept. but with gm openly showing the pre pro camaro, they must have something up there sleeve, because with it being released in '09 they can loose some crowd to the challenger or the stang thats why they are showing the pre pro model. whew theres my two cents
Old 02-04-2008, 10:16 PM   #7
WCFB-Russ

Drives: ?????
Thanks everyone. I just think that the community as a whole should reflect on these points and stop worrying about what GM is going to do. GM will NOT let us down. I know this after meeting with Scott Settlemire himself, and making him an honorary member of my car club, West Coast F-Bodies.

You might remember us - I came on here a while back (August 2007) and told everyone about the 40th Anniversary car show that my club was hosting back in August 2007 that starred none other than Bumblebee himself!!
(http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...?t=1202&page=2)

That was an awesome show So I'm glad I could come on here and contribute something for the rest of the community...

Thanks for the warm welcome
Old 02-05-2008, 12:26 AM   #8
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Red face

I'm relaxed!

As I've mentioned before, I've already been through this with the ZR1 Corvette on "another" forum.

It went from "theorizing," to "hints," to full-on BASH mode once the thing finally surfaced.

After that, everyone took a step back, actually READ what the specs and engineering tidbits were -- and went "Huh!!! MAYBE that IS really a cool car, afterall......"

Makes me want to

Y'all keep the faith, stay patient, and "Ye Shall be Rewarded. " I Promise.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:34 AM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I've calmed down. No sense in griping about the little things when in the big picture, we're getting our Camaro back.

The pictures that GM's showing us....I'm betting what we see is what we are going to get...at least exterior wise (EXCEPT FOR THE HEADLIGHTS!!!). I'm sure the whole lot of them have been sitting up there in some high rise wondering how to keep buzz alive for 3 years while this work of art is built from scratch. They do it in intervals...numerous shows all over the place, a word here and there, a little tid bit more info there, a *pic* released to the pub....just keeping everyones attention.

I'm happy w/ the overall look. And, if there's more change in store for the Camaro, so be it....as long as it is for the good! And like so many others have said, "We still have yet to see the production model." So.......you never know...
~Keepin' the faith...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:10 AM   #10
Warghost

Drives: Camaros & Mustangs
Considering how every other concept I've seen ended up looking nothing like the final production version, I think we're damn lucky. As long as the cost is comparable to a similarly equipped Mustang, I'll definitely be getting one.
Warghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:13 AM   #11
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
!00% agree and here are a few more things

I went through the same things one the Sky and Solstice forums during their birth. The Solstice, although it looks very similar to the concept, there are many small differences. Did it hurt the real car??? No in some ways it enhanced it. Also rushing a car to production without testing ALL the parts, I mean every single thing, you can make several mistakes.
One is leaving off details that should have been included (like no power door lock buttons inside the Solstice or Sky, or an automatic transmission, or a spoiler, or limited slip, or a high output engine. These have been corrected now).
Another is not testing the convenience or ease to operate of certian features. Maybe the Gas Cap is in for a redesign to make it easier to operate for some people.
You have to remember to make this car a car that will continue for many years and not cost a kings ransom or be a limited production car that the dealers will tack on a huge premimum, there will have to be compromises made just to make it more appealing to a wider variety of people.

So to get the car, are you willing to give up a few minor details? or not even have a chance of the car being built and available to all that wants one?

As I said many times to the whiners and complainers on the Solstice and Sky forums. Don't second guess GM. A feature you like may be hated by someone else. and vice versa. We are all different and we all like certian things in our cars. Where my son is one that wants a 500 HP fire breathing Sportscar. I would be happy with a Plain Jane Convertible with a 250HP to 300HP engine that I could fix up with my own ideas and make it unique.

When we see the PRODUCTION CAR if there is something about it you don't like, you can post about it on here and other camaro forums, GM is Watching. and the more changes you want them to make now will just make the introduction that much farther away. besides if the get everything perfect the first year, what are they going to change to intice people to buy one a few years down the road?
Old 02-05-2008, 09:23 AM   #12
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warghost View Post
Considering how every other concept I've seen ended up looking nothing like the final production version, I think we're damn lucky. As long as the cost is comparable to a similarly equipped Mustang, I'll definitely be getting one.

+1!!! Considering how close (IMHO) the pre-por' looks in comparison to the concept, I think they're doing a great job. Much more than the essence of the concept is on the pre-pro' and although I see nothing wrong with feelings strongly about certain details, there's no way I'd let that sway my decision and desire to get this car. Of course those details are subjective, however, I think a "true" Camaro fanatic wouldn't loose site of the car it looks like we are getting. Although sometimes it's hard to stay hopeful, getting little tid-bits from the people we do (at GM) puts my mind at ease.

Just my .02.

MORE INFORMATION PLEASE!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:00 PM   #13
Killer CamAro

Drives: 06 cobalt ss, 1968 camaro ss
Does anyone know when gm will release some new info on how the camaros doing, i know all of us are up to date but most of the people im around think they stopped production. wtf there stupid i... i just... i just want to them and they dont take my word for it.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #14
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Then tell them to take GM's word for it.
They've said numerous times that the Camaro is 'safe'. That should satisfy the people you're around.