Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Wheels / Tires

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #29
Oldag

Drives: 2013 2SS Convertible, LS3
Drive in heavy traffic and someday you will be in a situation where you do not have time to turn your head and look over your shoulder before changing lanes. With blindspot mirrors you will better know where cars are located, and you can confirm with a very quick glance.

Blind spot mirrors are invaluable. I will not own a car without them.
Oldag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #30
Michael R.

Drives: Camaro EU (2SS/RS)&Skoda Octavia RS
Loving my giant EU style mirrors with no blind spots regardless of what others say & think about the design

Cheers from Germany

Michael
Michael R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #31
Toms2010

Drives: 2010 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldag View Post
Drive in heavy traffic and someday you will be in a situation where you do not have time to turn your head and look over your shoulder before changing lanes. With blindspot mirrors you will better know where cars are located, and you can confirm with a very quick glance.

You can adjust your mirrors such that if you have the time to look into the mirror, any vehicle that is close will be seen in your peripheral vision as well. No need to look over your shoulder. The perfect setting is one that as the vehicle next to you is pulling up, it transitions from the mirror to your peripheral with no missing sight of it. Only takes turning your head slightly to see the mirror.
Vararam CAI - Modern Muscle Ported Throttle Body - Vmax Black Iceolator - Custom Exhaust - Magnaflow Res X 11386 - 2.5" Pipe from X on Back - Magnaflow Round Mufflers 10416 - Lime Green Hood Spears - Lime Green Gill Stripes - SJM AutoProd Sequential Turn Signals - SJM AutoProd Always On DRL Fog Lights
Toms2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #32
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms2010 View Post
You can adjust your mirrors such that if you have the time to look into the mirror, any vehicle that is close will be seen in your peripheral vision as well. No need to look over your shoulder. The perfect setting is one that as the vehicle next to you is pulling up, it transitions from the mirror to your peripheral with no missing sight of it. Only takes turning your head slightly to see the mirror.
100% agree. It took a day or so to get used to it but I have no blind spot now. I do still give a quick glance out of habit - hard to stop after 35 years.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #33
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
The stock mirrors. Learn to adjust your mirrors properly and you won't need those bubbles.

And you won't need backup sensors or cameras Sometimes old-school is the best way
Old 06-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #34
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
Best way? as others have said add a blind spot mirror but that doesn't substitute for the over the shoulder glance. In NY drivers are supposed to do the over the shoulder regularly (as per driving instructor who also works new driver tests). I get mad at my brother since he says his mirror position eliminates blind spots and the need to look over the shoulder..

Adjusting the mirrors helps you see what youd like, but as long as you look over the shoulder you should be fine..

Only complaint I have with visibility is the 45 degree angle when trying to merge from the middle island is you have no sight with that huuge back pillar.. gotta adjust the angle you approach it at

LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #35
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Strongly disagree.
You have a right to your opinion, but there is no need for those hideous add-on convex mirrors if you know what you're doing.

Most people like to have the mirrors aimed such that they can see down the side of their vehicle. WRONG. They should be aimed so that you can see the lanes on either side of you (capturing everything that is out of view of your windshield-mounted mirror).

Nobody needs to see down the side of the car. I learned this at a professional driving class. It solves the blind spot problem on any car, including our Camaros.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #36
whemming

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
I have driven my car in DC and Atlanta. Both have horrible traffic. Just adjust the mirrors correctly. You should not see the side of your car. You can always lean up to see the side if you need to. I can see over 180 degrees with just my center and side mirrors. I never need to look over my shoulder.

It takes some getting used too, but once you learn to do it correctly you will never go back.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #37
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
You have a right to your opinion, but there is no need for those hideous add-on convex mirrors if you know what you're doing.

Most people like to have the mirrors aimed such that they can see down the side of their vehicle. WRONG. They should be aimed so that you can see the lanes on either side of you (capturing everything that is out of view of your windshield-mounted mirror).

Nobody needs to see down the side of the car. I learned this at a professional driving class. It solves the blind spot problem on any car, including our Camaros.
Agree!!
The Camaro is actually easy to drive if the mirrors are positioned correctly. I can't remember the last time I looked over my shoulder when changing lanes. The mirrors give you the necessary info you need.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #38
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Quote:

Strongly disagree

Specially here in Texas. I'm assuming that's where you're from since your location says "republic of texas". I know you didn't get your license without looking over your shoulder. It's still required here to pass a driving exam. And any driving school will teach you to position your mirrors to see the side lanes not your car. As for your "situation" it should never exist. ALWAYS maintain your distance from the car in front of you to give you time to react. SPECIALLY in heavy traffic. Nothing beats defensive driving.
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #39
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Code R6P View Post
Look at the mirrors on a new Mustang. They have integrated blind spot mirrors that look nice, and work well. Maybe you can find something similar as an aftermarket.
the new Terrain and Acadia also have them (and I think the Chevy counterparts as well) I had a Terrain as a rental when my top was being fixed last week.

and the blind spot mirrors are completely worthless IMO.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #40
Bornluckee13
I fly

Drives: 2010 2SS, Stick, Cyber Gray
I have my mirrors adjusted properly and run blind spot mirrors. Got some from auto zone that actually follow the lines of the mirror, kinda. Growing up pulling a horse trailer behind a van everywhere just got used to them and put them on everything I own. Hell, half the time I change lanes I just glance at them, not even looking at the larger mirror. Can't remember the last time I looked over my shoulder.
There are only two options in life. Fight or flight. Most people run. Almost all people run. But not us. The difference between us and everyone else is that we run towards the gunfire. And that makes all the difference.
Bornluckee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #41
Cymaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT2/RS
The only problems I've had is when I'm in the left lane of a three lane interstate. You can't really tell when a car in your blind spot in the far right lane is merging to the middle lane when you are also trying to merge there.
Cymaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #42
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
Whenever I see one of these mirror threads, I think of this clip:

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote