The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > In Car Electronics (NAV, Audio, Entertainment, Gauges, etc.)

Old 09-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
NAV added after delivery?

Curious question... probably too early to ask but I was wondering if NAV can be added later on? i.e. dealer-installed?
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
Andrew6
TheDoubleAA.com

Drives: 2008 Corvette Coupe ZHZ 269of500
wife got a 2014 Impala LTZ that we thought had NAV but was only "turn by turn". We've been trying to get the dealer to add NAV for 6 monthes. They said there is no way. From the GM reps I've spoke to, since it does have a physical NAV button It should only be and "UPDATE" but no such luck...
Andrew6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:06 PM   #3
monicatomokc

Drives: 2014 Corvette 2021 Tahoe Z71
Just ran across this info:

http://www.intraphex.com/portfolio/g...interface-kit/

I sent an inquiry to them to see if they have one for the Corvette yet and will update everyone if I hear back from them.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:47 PM   #4
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by monicatomokc View Post
Just ran across this info:

http://www.intraphex.com/portfolio/g...interface-kit/

I sent an inquiry to them to see if they have one for the Corvette yet and will update everyone if I hear back from them.
Nice find. Harlan Charles previously mentioned that the antennae already exist (behind the rear bumper) since OnStar & GPS-capability uses the same pair. We'll see... hopefully their kit is compatible with the C7's.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #5
bkindall
NCM Raffle Winner

Drives: '14 Cpe 3LT Z51 Crystal Red
On my plant tour, my guide told me that the stingrays that weren't ordered with the NAV system in it, there was no way to add the OEM NAV system to it because the wiring harnesses are different for each entertainment center. So non-NAV systems do not have the necessary wiring to install the OEM NAV system after the fact. Whether or not this is true, I don't know, but that was what the museum guide told me who had worked at the Corvette plant.
bkindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:47 PM   #6
monicatomokc

Drives: 2014 Corvette 2021 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkindall View Post
On my plant tour, my guide told me that the stingrays that weren't ordered with the NAV system in it, there was no way to add the OEM NAV system to it because the wiring harnesses are different for each entertainment center. So non-NAV systems do not have the necessary wiring to install the OEM NAV system after the fact. Whether or not this is true, I don't know, but that was what the museum guide told me who had worked at the Corvette plant.
Looking at what comes in the box (listed below) for all the other 2014 cars (Buick Regal, Chevrolet Silverado,GMC Sierra, and Chevrolet Impala) with 8-inch Touch Screen Display, they include a couple of new wiring harnesses. If they could keep the price under $500 it might be worth the investment, but I suspect it will be more, if/when they come up with one for the C7. Looking and thinking about this some more, it would probably be more expensive, not to mention what could get messed up in the installation process. Guess I'll just bring the old TomTom along when I need the Nav assistance. We'll see...

The TD-CADICUE2013-V2 kit Includes

• GM MYLINK Nav Module
  • 8GB SD Card with INTRAPHEX Nav
  • Factory T-harness for P & P
  • Speaker
  • CANBUS Module
  • External GPS Antenna
  • Audio input harness