Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
camone

Drives: 2011 camaro synergy
Question Future of 21" tires???

When I bought my car, the tire size was one of the last things on my mind. I'd never heard of "summer only tires" and had no idea how expensive 21" tires were. Then when I realized what I had, I thought that surely by the time I needed tires, Goodyear ,Michelin, "somebody" would've come out with a run flat, or at least a cheaper tire. I don't quite need tires yet, but by next summer I most likely will . If no tire company has come out with something like a all season, run flat by then, I'm thinking I will probably invest in some smaller size tires with a larger profile on some good wheels. Has anyone heard any news about when the major tire companies might get on the 21" band wagon?
camone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
There are some but theyre mosty summer ones Pirellis are really expensive, Im getting smaller ones and even wider wheels for my car and the tires would be half the price of pirellis.

The 21" wheels are really heavy too so go for a smaller one when you switch it will be cheaper in the long run too

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
I would say you'd be better off to go with a 20 than wait for more 21" tires to hit production. However, I run 22s and tires are certainly less than 21s.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote