Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
PsychoDRAMA

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Odd clutch rattle?

I first notificed this last night, just took it for a spin just a min ago and still hear it :( I dont know if its because Im listening for it but it seems abit louder today. Its really noticeable in first and reverse(not as bad as 1st). I only have 800 km, is this normal or should I be concerned...though I already am :(
PsychoDRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
If you are in 1st gear or really any gear under load and press the clutch in and hear a "rattle" that is normal. It's drivetrain slack.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
+1.... slack. Takes some getting used to.
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
Ya I hear it all the time. For some reason the throttle body I just put on helped it. It still happens but it's not as noticeable now. I think the added low end tourqe may have slightly altered how I drive at low speeds.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
RJNavarrete
kingjeezy™

Drives: 2011 SS/RS in Cyber Grey
I hate that drivetrain slack. That, plus squeaky brakes makes me feel like I'm driving a thirty year old car :/

RJNavarrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
PsychoDRAMA

ok whew...so this is normal? Ive never owned an auto in my life, always MT and never experienced "rattle" like this. Pretty loud lol :( I feel like I should take it in anyway, Im so nervous it may something else...it just very unsettling. I forgot to mention it wasnt there the 1st 750 km(or a hell of alot less noticeable), just seemed to come out of nowhere
Old 04-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
Auto? Huh.... Never had experience with the auto, but the drivetrain slack should be the same. Just keep ur foot on the gas, and try to avoid quickly letting ur foot off the gas. Unfortunate downside to a IRS rear....
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #8
PsychoDRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage View Post
Auto? Huh.... Never had experience with the auto, but the drivetrain slack should be the same. Just keep ur foot on the gas, and try to avoid quickly letting ur foot off the gas. Unfortunate downside to a IRS rear....
oops sorry its MT, I meant Ive driven manual my whole life and never experienced this, which is why Im freaking lol :(
Old 04-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #9
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage View Post
+1.... slack. Takes some getting used to.
Tell me about it....I almost "$h!t a brick" the first time that happened in mine...
Old 04-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #10
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Even us V6 M6 guys? Always swore I heard a wierd rattle... never paid much attention to it because it didnt happen all the time. Oo
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #11
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Hmmm nice to know...
Old 04-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #12
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthpanda View Post
Even us V6 M6 guys? Always swore I heard a wierd rattle... never paid much attention to it because it didnt happen all the time. Oo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Hmmm nice to know...
The rattle in mine sounds like it's coming from the back end...it occurs after I've reengaged the clutch at a low speed in a low gear, like 1 or 2. If I don't give it gas as the clutch grabs...I can hear a mechanical clacking underneath and behind me.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #13
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Normal driveline clunk is normal..

You should hear it after you've replaced all the bushings with aftermarket stuff.. Then you really hear the stuff moving around.. I've gotten to the point of being able to set up a percussion section with my drive line by modulating the clutch and gas at the right times.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote