Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-30-2014, 03:21 PM   #1
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Thinking of Oracle SMD Ghosted markers....

I want to get red jewel tint. I own a 2011 2 SS RS.

This site offers a $25 dollar MasterCard gift card. but asks if I want "RS DRL light Options" and "non RS Package Fog lights" What are these?

http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/oracle...l1-sdmkr10camg

This sight does not ask those 2 questions

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...h.htm?CartID=2

It appears that one sight is considerably less expense than the other. Are they the same product?
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:48 PM   #2
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
I believe the those options are to replace the bulbs in the DRL's or fog lights (in your case, since your car has the RS package, you'd choose something from the "RS DRL light options if you'd like). Since you have the RS package, choose [no thanks or RS package] in the "non RS package fog lights."

Both companies are offering the same products, just that JDP is currently offering a better sale price.

And FYI, if you do go with RS DRL's the plasma bulbs tend to last longer. I think there was an issue with the regular LED's burning early on, not sure if it was resolved.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #3
LoneStar

Here's the thread on C5 from the seller. I'd shoot him a PM if you want to be 100% certain what the lights are.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277143
Old 03-30-2014, 03:57 PM   #4
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Thanks Lonestar! That link is very helpful and I contacted Tyler with my questions!
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 03-30-2014, 04:04 PM   #5
LoneStar

You're welcome! Good luck!
Old 03-30-2014, 04:35 PM   #6
SinisSick
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 ss
I went with JDP on mine great communication.
SinisSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:57 PM   #7
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Thanks. I am also looking for 3D carbon side vents. I asked Tyler if they sell those too.

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE