Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-16-2012, 07:22 AM   #43
vetehead

Drives: 2011 SIM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSS1LE View Post
ALRIGHT GUYS! I called the deal about my car not going into reverse and they told me to bring it in.. but it only happened twice. Instead of going after the lemon law I am taking the more expensive and least amount of time approach, TRADING IT IN!! It almost brings tears to my eyes because I love everything else about the car, but I will not go through this tranny crap any longer! this is a 40,000 dollar car and GM should not allow this crap to happen and need to Fix the ISSUE with the TR-6060. Best of luck to all the guys out there that have similar issues and will have these issues. I want to thank everyone for your support and it has been a rough ride, but at least I can say I tried to own such a great piece of American muscle.
That is a DAM SHAME!! These Chevrolet dealers with piss poor trained professional staff!! They drive customers to this point and of course at OP's expense.
vetehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #44
Smart Line

Drives: 2011 Blue1SSRS 623RWHP, 02 vette
not a 1le but my notchy shift 1-2 started at 36 miles,
now with 24K miles not any better but not any worse either ......
just my 2 cents

Team LS-3
Smart Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #45
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
ALRIGHT GUYS! I called the deal about my car not going into reverse and they told me to bring it in.. but it only happened twice. Instead of going after the lemon law I am taking the more expensive and least amount of time approach, TRADING IT IN!! It almost brings tears to my eyes because I love everything else about the car, but I will not go through this tranny crap any longer! this is a 40,000 dollar car and GM should not allow this crap to happen and need to Fix the ISSUE with the TR-6060. Best of luck to all the guys out there that have similar issues and will have these issues. I want to thank everyone for your support and it has been a rough ride, but at least I can say I tried to own such a great piece of American muscle.
Sorry to hear it's all come down to this for you. Will they order another 1LE for you? Or maybe you feel you've had enough.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #46
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Sorry you're having these issues. I know what you're going through. Had problems with reverse on my V6 fourth gen and couldn't duplicate the problem for the dealership. 2nd gear went out at 39k miles, 3k after warranty was up, and caused the transmission to need a complete rebuild. Dealership wouldn't help and I should have pursued it further but didn't and ended up swallowing a $1,700 bill out of pocket. Just hit 139k miles today and reverse still clunks every now and then but I haven't needed another rebuild. I personally would make them fix it or get me another car but I can understand your decision. Good luck with whatever ends up happening.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #47
white1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
It's a new day!! If you havent completely given up, bring it to the west side of wisconsin to Runde Chevrolet. That"s wwhere I work. Got one of the best techs a dealership could ask for. He rebuilds, if needed, all the trans issues whether it is an auto or manual. or they just order a new one, which would probably be your case. This is straight forward stuff!! If a dealership won't do anything about it, it's because they don't have the know how or terrible customer service. Hate to see you get rid of it when not necessary. Here to help. Give us a call if you have any questions what so ever.
white1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #48
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
BLKSS1LE,

I would like to look into this issue you are experiencing a little bit further. Please PM me with your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership name.

I look forward to your correspondence!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 12-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #49
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Hmm... That's a shame. Did they even get a chance to look at it? Sounds like your car has bad synchros. I can understand not wanting to go through the hassle of warranty repairs on a new car. Are you gonna get another Camaro or have you been soured by the experience?

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #50
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #51
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
x2
Old 12-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #52
james347

Drives: 2006 Crownline
The feel of the manual trans in my 2SS, from the factory, was horrible!

I did the following:
1.) Upgraded to a ZR1 clutch
2.) IdealG Master Cylinder
3.) Tick clutch line
4.) Bleed the clutch line several times
5.) Changed to Royal Purple synthetic trans fluid

Feels like a totally different transmission is in the car. Shifts a lot smother, engages a lot better and just all around better.

I do agree. These kind of issues from the factory are not acceptable.
james347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #53
BLKSS1LE

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
The dealer just doesn't understand. I brought it in and they said that another new ss on the lot did the same thing shifting hard into second. Because of that they sad it was normal. I am not going to bring it back when they think a 40000k car should shift like that and tell me it's normal. The reverse thing was new and that's what made this an easy choice to trade it in. I just want out of this mess period.
BLKSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #54
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
I test drove a 1LE the other day, and the first thing that came apparent was the gummy/notchy feeling shifter. It did get slightly better towards the end of the drive, but it did make me think is this something i want to deal with? Am i going to have to throw money at it right away to take of this?
I went through this dealing with the AFM on my 10, until i decided that i had to have it tuned or be ticked every time i drive it. Guess i will not be upgrading anytime soon....
Old 12-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #55
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
The dealer just doesn't understand. I brought it in and they said that another new ss on the lot did the same thing shifting hard into second. Because of that they sad it was normal. I am not going to bring it back when they think a 40000k car should shift like that and tell me it's normal. The reverse thing was new and that's what made this an easy choice to trade it in. I just want out of this mess period.
I really would like to look into this for you. Please provide me with your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership name.

I look forward to your reply.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 12-19-2012, 12:33 AM   #56
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68vert View Post
I test drove a 1LE the other day, and the first thing that came apparent was the gummy/notchy feeling shifter. It did get slightly better towards the end of the drive, but it did make me think is this something i want to deal with? Am i going to have to throw money at it right away to take of this?
I went through this dealing with the AFM on my 10, until i decided that i had to have it tuned or be ticked every time i drive it. Guess i will not be upgrading anytime soon....
Mine is not gummy nor notchy. Mine feels great. I was having some trouble switching from Audi to Chevy but I honestly feel like I can shift better in the 1LE now than before.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote