Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-09-2009, 11:45 AM   #15
siliconewolfgang

Drives: 2004 Hummer H2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
I never heard your other systems in your other car SO I don't know.
They are Bose Systems that came in the Yukon Denali and the Hummer. They come Stock inthese vehicles... Have you heard a Bose System and compare it to the BA?
Old 08-09-2009, 11:51 AM   #16
Mod007

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Old 08-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #17
siliconewolfgang

Drives: 2004 Hummer H2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasmike View Post
I have an RS withe BA setup, least anyone who might read this would think I am unhappy I am not but, the speakers are just fair, not fantastic, the lows are a bit muffled and the highs are not real crisp. The Amp is clean but I think its has less power than it suggests it has. The last two cars I had, had bose and they sounded better. I am actually looking for the real specs of the speakers and contacted BA, but they have no clue or at least were not giving out any info. This is not your high end sound system, its better than some cars and not as good as others. I am going to enhance the amp and change out the speakers for some infinity or pioneer and go to component. But it sounds good, just not great, I think they could have added a better sound system option but its a muscle car, I traded a Audi S6 V10 for my V6 Camaro and love the Camaro over the Audi, but the Audi sound system was kick arse. It should have been the car cost almost 3 times what the Camaro costs, and it was about half as fun to drive. I think the Camaro is way too cool, but the sound could be better.
Thank you for the great info

Does anyone know if you replace the main unit - will the OnStar still function? When i got my Hummer it had a after market head unit in it. I pushed the On Star Button just to see how it worked. I pushed all the buttons - even the red one with the cross on it. Nothing happened so i just drove off to get some gas. Then a minute later i was run down by the local police. - they said they received a distress call from the vehicle and wanted to know if i was ok? Anyway when i called Onstar they said they could here me or my music in the Hummer but apparently i could not hear them. It either was not installed right or you can't have an after market system unless it is capable of integration to OnStar.
I then ordered a new factory unit and had it installed. Sounded much better than the after market crap tthe last guy put in.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:06 PM   #18
camaromaybe
CamaroBaby

Drives: Silver 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
I'm no audio expert buy I have a 2LT RS and the sound is good but not great. The highs aren't as crisp as I'd like and the bass doesn't resonate as well as I'd like.
camaromaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:36 PM   #19
JHart
I haz camaro again :)

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
never heard a camaro with the BA system, but the bose system in my parents impala is one of the best sounding systems i've ever heard. i didn't get teh BA system, i'm a kicker guy so i'll prob. throw some kicker components in there when the stockies blow.

2010 silverado z71 ccsb(sold, old dd)
2010 camaro1ss(sold, missed, will have another someday)
JHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:56 PM   #20
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Drives: Awesome
Scrap the BA and go aftermarket.
chrisgalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:49 AM   #21
AngryAmish

Drives: Impala
I would love to give you a straight answer, but I can't.

I've heard Bose systems that are better, and some that were FAR worse. Something tells me its the same for all factory stereo upgrades. I get the feeling its not an exact science.

Another thing I've noticed about the whole setup is I get a popping sound through my speakers when scrolling through the songs on my Iphone. It annoys the ever-loving piss out of me. I also find myself constantly playing with the EQ every time a new song comes on.

As it goes though, it suits my purposes. I'm too busy buying my son G.I. Joes and Transformers to put a reasonable amount of money for something that will sound better.
AngryAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #22
Ghost Rider
I'm one bad Mamma Jamma

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
It's not nearly as good as the Monsoon system in my old Trans Am. I am planning to upgrade.

DELIVERED on August 25, 2009- 2010 2SS/RS, Yellow, A6, VIN # 34902

DELIVERED on September 9, 2009 -Custom Bumblebee Stripes and engine cover.

DELIVERED on September 10, 2009 - Painted GFX
Ghost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:06 PM   #23
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
It's not nearly as good as the Monsoon system in my old Trans Am. I am planning to upgrade.
Now thats just mean!
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #24
Ghost Rider
I'm one bad Mamma Jamma

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Now thats just mean!
Yeah but unfortunately, it really is true.

DELIVERED on August 25, 2009- 2010 2SS/RS, Yellow, A6, VIN # 34902

DELIVERED on September 9, 2009 -Custom Bumblebee Stripes and engine cover.

DELIVERED on September 10, 2009 - Painted GFX
Ghost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:37 PM   #25
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley78 View Post
How do you say Mediocre? Doesnt have the treble i want it to, prob going to replace the 6x9's soon.
Let me take this back, was listening to the BA system at a dealership today and it sounded great, just needed to twerk the EQ and crank up the volume, i really see no need to upgrade this system.
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:47 PM   #26
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I think it sounds fantastic. Very Home-theater-ish. Even at max volume (which I don't recommend to anybody wishing to maintain their sense of sound later in life -- it's VERY loud) the music was very crisp and clear, which is super-important to me. The bass, while not the best I've ever heard, was impressive for a factory system as well.

For 400-or-so bucks, this upgrade is a must-have to anybody who enjoys listening to music in their car.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:41 AM   #27
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Like I said before in another thread. I am not pleased with it at all. My old 1998 Mach 460 sound system that came with my Mustang is leaps and bounds better sounding than this new BA stereo.. I would not waist your tme and money on it.. I cannot lie to others about it when it is the one bad decision that was made when GM was figuring out what company to go with the premium sound.. Bose, Monsoon, anything would have been better in my opinion..
This is interesting. My Mach 460 system I had sucked...

IMHO The BA system is the best I have ever heard stock. Next best was in my 2007 Camry. After that would be my 2007 FJ Cruiser. Then the Mach 460 in my 2000 Mustang.

The system for most moderate songs is great. When I listen to my hard hitting bass songs, it bottoms out big time, but sounds great if I turn the bass down some. On any high bass type song the vocal get a little lost, the system I put in my FJ cruiser and my '98 Civic both would cream this one, but that was all aftermarket.

I plan to hook up my bandpass box with two 10" sub in it. If the vocal gets washed away too much, I may opt for replaceing the factory speakers for some aftermarket BA, to maitain the BA theme. If still not satisfied, I may add additional amps to it and bypass the audio only from the factory amp (I say audio only because I understand the amp has several other systems within the amp ot just audio). I will probably never replace the factory head unit, it is too much a part of the car, besides it looks good and has an easy to use interface.

Anyway all my opinion of course.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:52 AM   #28
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
I don't need much to enhance it let me tell you it bumps!

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote