Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #85
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Definitely a well played tactical move to get us to the parking lot in back of the hotel.

While it was really nice once again I wonder if a bigger more spread out lot would be better?

Either way, I'll be wherever the Fest is. I may not drive, but I'll be there.
IF we stayed in Indy......IF we used the Wyndham again.....I IMAGINE....we'd reserve the entire building (or close to it), so we'd have their entire property to park on...

I'd THINK.....
Old 08-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #86
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
IF we stayed in Indy......IF we used the Wyndham again.....I IMAGINE....we'd reserve the entire building (or close to it), so we'd have their entire property to park on...

I'd THINK.....
And a true exhaust exibition.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #87
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Definitely a well played tactical move to get us to the parking lot in back of the hotel. But fest I and II were pretty damn cool too. Seemed like Fest II was a little crazier.

While it was really nice once again I wonder if a bigger more spread out lot would be better?

Either way, I'll be wherever the Fest is. I may not drive, but I'll be there.
So you wouldn't have to use your spiffy little cones for front row parking again.... I saw so many people run those things over... lol

BTW, it was nice to speak with you and killer at the host hotel. I think you two were the only ones I seen.
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #88
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
So you wouldn't have to use your spiffy little cones for front row parking again.... I saw so many people run those things over... lol

BTW, it was nice to speak with you and killer at the host hotel. I think you two were the only ones I seen.
I didn't see you...but I saw your car. Looks GREAT!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:07 AM   #89
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post

It was early.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #90
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I have been to two of the three. I love the track events and the experience of the community.

For those that were at the 1st C5Fest, I am sure they will tell you it was a meet and greet. 3 years later, it is still a meet and greet. It is a community coming together to meet up and have fun together. All of the other activities were born from this idea to help sponsor it after the idea was created. It became big quickly, but not due to the vendors, or the track, but the idea of meeting those on the site that you interact with.

If you feel it was intended for you to come and get treated as it was a national sponsored event, you might be missing something. It is a party with some activities thrown in. Hopefully you made friends on line over the years, and hooking up with them for a few days is worth your time. If not, just remember, it is not a sanctioned race, but a meet and greet with some fun thrown in during the day.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #91
SMADE

Drives: 2010 Camaro
This was our first event and I had a blast, I will make sure we get there for the full day Friday and Saturday next year!

It was nice talking to everyone I got a chance to, considering I knew no one!

I will be back!
SMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #92
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Having only looked at the picture threads for Fest 1 and II as they were happening and now going for my first time,...............I was more than happy and thrilled with the turnout of cars, vendors and people in general. The parking lot stuff was a blast.

I sent a few friends links to the best pages of the Indy pictures posted and their response was all in the "un-"f" believable" category

There is zilch to complain about regarding this event
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #93
Camaro X

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Looked like a good turnout to me. Photo taken Friday afternoon. There were at least 50 cars lined up for the drags and autox at the time.

2012 ZL1 #115 SIM M6
Camaro X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #94
UNDsioux

Drives: Silver SS
Quit complaining and be happy they take the time to do anything for us. Seems that your the minority of people who didn't enjoy it from the responses you've received.
UNDsioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #95
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Camaro Fest .............

I drove 11 hours to attend and ultimately worked the auto x since someone backed out.

I met some GREAT folks each and every time I have attended the fest...some will be friends for life who I know will help whenever they can. I didn't race, didn't show I voluteered to help and I had a BLAST..........After work the parking lot was great.......

If I might steal a quote from FBDOYGATHERING....SHOW up, enjoy your time and a car show might break out...in our case at the Fest...Show up, enjoy your time and a car show, and some racing might break out. It is the people you meet that make the event.

I have met some of the greatest people at the fest and other shows.....the planned events were simply a bonus to me......

I appreciate the vendors and understand the financial responsilbility they take on if things like this...It is nice to see vendors we as members support all year round come out if nothing more than to meet us face to face.

I met some great vendors I had only talked to on the phone or conversed over e-mail...nice to put a face to the person getting my money.

One piece of advice to those who did not care for certain things...Help Out, offer your time, make suggestions for improvement.

I will tell you the greatest time I had over the weekend was not at the Fest it was on the drive home when I stopped for gas in Tennessee.....A man followed me to the gas station just so his little boy could see Bumblebee. Even though my car was nasty because of teh rain I let him climb all in and over my car...The look in that little boys eyes was worth every penny I spent going to and from Indy.....

To Me that is what Camarofest is all about........the people! JMHO
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #96
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
I agree 100%. The people make the fest. I only had 10 hot wheel camaros to give away but the last 1 was the best. We had 7 of us lined up when a Chevy pick up pulled up with a 3 yr old grinning ear to ear seeing the cars. Handed him the hot wheel and he couldn't believe it. We have done this on each trip and it feels really good making a kid smile.....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #97
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
This was my first fest, and certainly wont be my last. I had a great time, met some great people and got to look at some really nice cars. I certainly appreciate the venders coming, with out them Im not sure the Fest would happen on a scale anywhere near what this was. I was actually thinking about it the past couple days, of the venders that came Id venture to say the only ones that came close to ending in the green would have been Oracle. Id say the biggest thing for the venders is probably getting their name out their and showing their products and selling themselves as a company to future customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPADEMADE View Post
This was our first event and I had a blast, I will make sure we get there for the full day Friday and Saturday next year!

It was nice talking to everyone I got a chance to, considering I knew no one!

I will be back!
It was nice talking to you the little bit I did at the gas station off of 136 before heading over to the host hotel friday night(IBM SS w/ Ohio plates, don't let my 'location' fool you haha). One of my favorite Camaro's I seen in Indy was yours, Im not a fan of big wheels but they went well with the car. Very unique car, absolutely loved the color as well.
Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #98
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
I am biased as Indy is an easy drive for me but consider this: How many other centrally located cities offer this type track/facility with hotels and parking big enough to support this many cars, throw in Indy's motor sports history and............
I will attend the fest again so long as the drive is reasonable and I can see saving my $$$ for mods purchased and installed at future fest's. I hope the parking lot evening thing never goes away because it was incredible to mingle among that many Camaro's and their passionate owners and bs about cars, mods and wherever else the conversation went.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote