Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #15
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Bottom line here is, if your dealer has not entered your order which should have been done no later than one week after you placed it (most here had their order # when they left the dealership the day the orderd) get you deposit back and visit another dealer.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #16
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Bottom line here is, if your dealer has not entered your order which should have been done no later than one week after you placed it (most here had their order # when they left the dealership the day the orderd) get you deposit back and visit another dealer.
Your dealer is holding your order because it is guaranteed sold inventory when it finally arrives. They may even try to sell it at a guaranteed price but withhold incentives from you in order to cash in on a high-profit sale.

It is better to do business with a Camaro5 dealer, even if you have to travel. Your dealer is an idiot.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #17
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea510 View Post
Hi everyone.. Its been more then 2 months now since I put down the 500$ deposit to start my order.. I ordered from the Chevy dealership in Dublin CA..
I still have no order number or anything really.. The sells-men who ordered the car for me said that he turned my order in the week i gave him the cash and he checks on it every Thursday when the list gets updated and he said it says pending or still hasn't been accepted, something along thos lines..
He said hes never seen a car take so long to start being built..
My question.. Is this normal? is there a reason its taking this long? has anyone else waited 2 months with no numbers or any info on when the car will be built or delivered?
Is there a back order on some parts or something?
I appreciate any info back.. Thanks
Maybe Santa has your 1LE .
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #18
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Hi everyone.. Its been more then 2 months now since I put down the 500$ deposit to start my order.. I ordered from the Chevy dealership in Dublin CA..
I still have no order number or anything really.. The sells-men who ordered the car for me said that he turned my order in the week i gave him the cash and he checks on it every Thursday when the list gets updated and he said it says pending or still hasn't been accepted, something along thos lines..
He said hes never seen a car take so long to start being built..
My question.. Is this normal? is there a reason its taking this long? has anyone else waited 2 months with no numbers or any info on when the car will be built or delivered?
Is there a back order on some parts or something?
I appreciate any info back.. Thanks

Do you currently have an order number? I can check this out for you if you would like. Please advise of this information. Typically, customer orders to arrive to dealership lots can take from 6-12 weeks depending on various factors.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 02-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #19
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Do you currently have an order number? I can check this out for you if you would like. Please advise of this information. Typically, customer orders to arrive to dealership lots can take from 6-12 weeks depending on various factors.

Brandon
C'mon Brandon, did you miss the part where he said he didn't have an order #?

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #20
Bayarea510

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post

Brandon
I went in today to get the workbench print out and the sales man said he can't access it, only the gsm general sales manager can get me the print out and he has Tuesday and Wednesdays off.. So I'll be going in there Thursday to talk to the gsm.. And try to get the order number..
Bayarea510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #21
2ssx2

Drives: 2013 2ss se/ 2009 cobalt ss
Something is wrong here. either GM is not accepting orders for 1le's or your dealer is yanking your chain.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:55 AM   #22
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ssx2 View Post
Something is wrong here. either GM is not accepting orders for 1le's or your dealer is yanking your chain.
exactly! this is why I think he should contact Becky as have a theoretical discussion around "what if" he ordered now? How long would it take Becky to get the order number now?
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #23
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
the $500 cash part scares me. Dealers like that make guys like me work harder to try and convince people I am nothing like the last idiot they encountered.
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:50 AM   #24
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
and? I think I was the second one in the country delivered and it took like 9+ weeks.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #25
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Quote:
I went in today to get the workbench print out and the sales man said he can't access it, only the gsm general sales manager can get me the print out and he has Tuesday and Wednesdays off.. So I'll be going in there Thursday to talk to the gsm.. And try to get the order number..
Just another stall tactic.

Last edited by PAUL SS; 02-06-2013 at 01:45 PM.
PAUL SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #26
Bayarea510

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Just aother stall tactic.
yeah that's how I'm starting to feel...

Is it true only a GSM can access it?
Bayarea510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #27
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

There are people on this site that can access it, when you get it.

Last edited by PAUL SS; 02-06-2013 at 01:45 PM.
PAUL SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #28
2ssx2

Drives: 2013 2ss se/ 2009 cobalt ss
Quote:
yeah that's how I'm starting to feel...

Is it true only a GSM can access it?
Any respectable dealership who knew there products and knew what they were doing would have given you the factory order number way before this. I would gladly email you all the communication from my Salesman. I talked to the guy on a Thursday and told him exactly what i wanted. He looked and called me back and said we will have to custom order it. I made an appointment on Friday we went over every thing I gave him the deposit and Monday he sent me the order number.