Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
BDBiker

Drives: Black 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Michelin Rebate RIP-OFF of customers!!!

Please be aware that Michelin is NOT standing behind the rebate offer they so happily have been promoting! I purchased 4 new LTX tires for my GMC Sierra and I just received a denial of the rebate.
So I called and their customer rep said that I must purchase their tires from a 'AUTHORIZED DEALER' or the rebate is not valid. I am pissed beyond belief at this moment and I would like to warn you guys to make sure that you go to a proper dealer or you will be ripped like me.
Just a heads up!
Old 12-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Was it stated in the rules for the rebate that it was supposed to be from an authorized dealer? Where did yoi get tour tires from?
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #3
BDBiker

I have seen multiple ads for the Michelin rebate and I did not notice that the rebate was only valid for 'AUTHORIZED MICHELIN DEALERS'. I purchased my tires at a local shop (Discount Tire), and I even spoke to the salesperson about the fact that there was a Michelin rebate offer on the tires I was purchasing. He did not inform me that I would have to go to another dealer since they are not a 'AUTHORIZED' dealer. It is the fact that you will have to 'read the small print on the rebate offer' that I find very bad business. I currently have Michelin Tires on 3 of my 4 vehicles and I would not have thought that a company like Michelin would resort to this type of deceptive ad. Basically, if you don't go to one of their 'AUTHORIZED' dealers, they are not going to rebate anything to anyone!
Old 12-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
BDBiker

By the way, I found Discount Tire by going to Michelin's Website to 'Find a Local Dealer'. Very poor business practice!!
Old 12-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Always read the fine print.

Quote:
Sales to Original Equipment manufacturers, fleets, wholesalers, business accounts and purchases for resale are not eligible for this promotion. Original Equipment tires DO NOT qualify. Purchases from warehouse clubs (e.g., Sam’s Club, BJ’s, Costco), mass merchandisers (e.g., Sears) and national retailers (e.g., Discount Tire, Tire Kingdom, NTB, Merchant’s) are excluded from this promotion, but may be eligible for coverage under a store-specific promotion (see individual store(s) for details). In addition, purchases from any nonparticipating dealers (e.g., Walmart) are not eligible for this promotion. Tampering with, altering or falsifying purchase information constitutes fraud. All decisions made by Michelin (or its authorized representatives) relating to the validity of any submissions are final and binding. This promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Michelin reserves the right to modify or discontinue this offer, products and/or services at any time for any reason. No cash refunds.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #6
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I buy a lot of Michelin tires and I would be pissed too if I thought I was getting a rebate. It's really poor marketing on their part, nothing like making new or old customers mad with an offer that is complicated to use...

I mean this line in particular is an example national retailers (e.g., Discount Tire, Tire Kingdom, NTB, Merchant’s) are excluded from this promotion, but may be eligible for coverage under a store-specific promotion (see individual store(s) for details).

Half the time the stores themselves don't know what offers are going as there always different ones running.

Marketing fail on Michelin's part.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
LuSe4

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Mail in rebates suck anyways. If you don't jump through every hoop exactly, or the company screws up, you will never get that money. It is a BS business practice.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #8
BDBiker

Glad to see that I am not alone in feeling like this is a rip-off by a major company. They literally spend millions in advertising and then pull this rebate offer where you have to read the small print. I was really surprised that a company as large as Michelin would do this. Buyer beware!
Old 12-20-2013, 06:59 AM   #9
jvoisel

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
I bought a set and mailed in the rebate, it took almost a month but I got my rebate card in with no issues.

Purchased from tire rack off eBay.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #10
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I would say Michelin did nothing wrong. Your local tire shop is the one that screwed you, they should have known the details if they were telling you about it. You said the sales person told you the rebate would work, how is that Michelin's fault? I would go to Discount Tire and raise hell with management and a letter to corporate if they don't assist.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:28 AM   #11
BronxRS

Drives: '13 2LT RS Convertible - AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
I would say Michelin did nothing wrong. Your local tire shop is the one that screwed you, they should have known the details if they were telling you about it. You said the sales person told you the rebate would work, how is that Michelin's fault? I would go to Discount Tire and raise hell with management and a letter to corporate if they don't assist.
BronxRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:50 AM   #12
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post

I would also submit that it is on the purchaser to read the fine print.