Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-13-2008, 10:52 PM   #1
TonytheTiger

Drives: 1999 camaro rs
The camaro needs changes!

The ss and/or the z28 need to have changes from the coupe. The camaro made that mistake with its 4th gen it did not show changes in diffrent models, you couldn't tell the diffrence from a v6 and z28 if the badge came off. This new camaro shall not make this mistake again if it wants to sell. I think they have already made some mistakes i think the mohawk hood shouldn't be on the couple but on the ss and/or z28 and the silver thing where the mufflers are at that should be on a powered verzion camaro. A powered verzion camaro should have a diffrent front back and rear bumpers in its powered verzions and side skirts and also interior changes.The mustang seems to be pulling it off becuase of its changes between gt and v6.

So do you guys think or have any ideas or changes to be added to the powered verzions of the camaro??
TonytheTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:00 PM   #2
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Well, since I'm honestly a fan of the sleeper concept of performance, I've always prefered the fastest car with the least conspicuous design and color. So, if the Z28 or SS had nothing more than a little badge and tires/rims and brakes to visually set it off from the base 3.6, I wouldn't mind.

Besides, that was the original idea with the 1964 Pontiac Tempest/GTO, and I think the formula is still relevant 44 years later.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:04 PM   #3
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
when have any of the v-6 bodies been different from the v-8s? thru all years? save for gfx on some of the z28s and RS's thru the years, but i always liked the fact that i could debadge my car and have some punk bitch ricer/mustang try to beat me cus im a lowly v-6 only to get his ass handed to him.

tho one main diff you could tell is the exhaust tips for most of them with the v-8s having a dual exit setup and the v-6 having a single pipe setup. the interior trim options will be available for all the motor sizes. tho side skirts and all that will probably be optional from the factory.

the only thing with mustangs is they add the extra fog lights and a spoiler....whoopity doo. you can order them for your v-6 or any model mustang if you want.

but to substantially change the car so that only the v-8 has certain interior trim options or exterior options will hinder sales of the car. tho having the option to change them from the factory via body kits or whatever will hopefully help sales.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:09 PM   #4
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
I would love to see them resort to earlier models...RS packages, etc, were totally independant of performance trim.

In other words, I disagree Tony.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:10 PM   #5
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Showing what you got/wish you had is for ricers. I love how you have to pay attention to know what kind of Camaro you're looking at. And with a 300 hp V6 on board, its not like there's going to be any non-performance Camaro anyway.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:18 PM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
mmm...if there's anything, it has to be subtle. As a potential V6 buyer, I don't want a plain-jane Camaro. I'd like it to have just as much spunk as the V8 model.

I really don't think the fact that the V6's looked as kick-ass as the V8's had anything to do with the fate of the 4thgens...if anything, it helped sell them.

My stance is simple: why dumb it down?
Old 06-13-2008, 11:46 PM   #7
wild_weasel
Ombudsman

Drives: Black 03 Jeep Liberty Renegade
My first idea is to spell check posts..."verzion" = version.

Second, I think there should be trim level aesthetic distinctions, though subtle. Such as...

-- Stripes only offered on Z/28 and SS models (not on base V6).
-- Different hood scoop options for each level.
-- Standard lip spoiler on upper models
-- Fog lights only on the V6 version (for the upper levels either replace them with some cool vents, or put them in the middle of the front bumper and have some other visual cue where they would otherwise be)

Just my suggestions.

Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

I want my 2010 Z28, and I want it now. Black Graphite Metallic please.

(Thanks to Mindz and Jinx for the avatar/sig pic respectively)

wild_weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:31 AM   #8
SSideways

Drives: 99 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
mmm...if there's anything, it has to be subtle. My stance is simple: why dumb it down?
I agree that they shouldn't dumb it down. However, think of it the other way around. GM should first make the V6 great, and just upgrade the V8 with the subtle cues. Maybe a lower stance, standard fog lights, or a more agressive hood. (sound familiar?) Or maybe V6s will get a bowtie and V8s will get the camaro emblem?
SSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #9
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSideways View Post
I agree that they shouldn't dumb it down. However, think of it the other way around. GM should first make the V6 great, and just upgrade the V8 with the subtle cues.
Start with great, and upgrade from there.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:36 PM   #10
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
I don't think the common-man/woman V6 buyer will be focusing on balls-to-the-wall looks anyway. It's why so many V6 Mustangs sell. They probably wouldn't know what a front air dam or a rear spoiler is much less wonder why one is not on their V6 but is on the V8. The body lines and the essence of the car, for the most part, will be maintained for the V6 which usually satisfies a vast majority of their buying force.

As for me, though, I am getting the entry-level V8 so I'm getting the rad look (if it is all that much different) no matter what. I just hope mine won't look like a Prius when compared to the top V8. xD It's a never ending chain.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:01 PM   #11
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
i like when the cars look the same cuz people in mustang v6's will be like ha lets race and then they get blown away by a v8
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:02 PM   #12
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
The majority of car buyers don't even know or care what motor is in a car. They want a Camaro or Mustang and hey look...this one is $3000 cheaper than that one and it has 2 more cup holders and a lighted vanity mirror!
My sister and brother -in -law are like that. They bought a full size truck when they were married, it just happened to be the prettiest color(and a v6)sold it a couple of years later, and bought another one just like it that was the prettiest color (and a v-8) and couldn't understand why the MPG was so much worse in the newer truck. They just couldn't figure it out until I pointed out the difference. Some people are clueless.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:18 PM   #13
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
I think the major (visual) differance will be the size in wheels, front bumper being that of bumblebees in TF2 on the high end v8's, hood and badging of course.

From what i have researched the V6 will have dual exhaust and fog lights. The everyday consumer (besides us) wont be able to tell the differance between the two, which i think is good marketing. Those that want the SS/Z28 look but cant afford it should be able to get that or close enough to it and be happy with the V6 models.
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:29 PM   #14
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonytheTiger View Post
The ss and/or the z28 need to have changes from the coupe. The camaro made that mistake with its 4th gen it did not show changes in diffrent models, you couldn't tell the diffrence from a v6 and z28 if the badge came off. This new camaro shall not make this mistake again if it wants to sell. I think they have already made some mistakes i think the mohawk hood shouldn't be on the couple but on the ss and/or z28 and the silver thing where the mufflers are at that should be on a powered verzion camaro. A powered verzion camaro should have a diffrent front back and rear bumpers in its powered verzions and side skirts and also interior changes.The mustang seems to be pulling it off becuase of its changes between gt and v6.

So do you guys think or have any ideas or changes to be added to the powered verzions of the camaro??

I think you are making a lot of assumptions.........

...................that's all I'll say!

.........................(all in due time......)
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote