Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 12:45 PM   #15
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Jay, I've got aftermarket JL stuff in my SS already. So, even if they don't put it in, it won't bug me. I'll just toss it in myself. I'm most concerned about the in dash player and how it functions. Door speakers, etc can always be changed out. The HU is what I hope works the best...don't like having an aftermarket look in the center of my dash.

Yes.... the head unit I suppose is also something I absolutely hope will be nice.... JL aftermarket stuff rocks... real smooth.... just never heard of it coming stock ever in a ride from factory.

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Old 12-19-2007, 12:47 PM   #16
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanskny View Post
I have had aftermarket BA system in both an 86" vette pacecar conv. and a 92" vette conv. I also have BA home system. I would jump up and down for joy if it was offered. Sound is crisp and fresh. Bose systems of late that were offered in Chevy cars have not been all that exceptional to say the least. They aren't compatible with any type of upgrade and the seakers didnt survive very long. Bose should stick to home systems that are spectacular but overpriced. In my old 86' pacecar I not only won awards for show, but also for sound. I can thank that to BA, and I will always be a fan.

I guess thats nice to hear then.... maybe its not all that bad after-all... I suppose what I guess I was trying to say was..... as long as the camaro5 gets a kick ass audio setup that is crisp and clear would be awesome. I just started naming names of companies for example sake.... but yes I agree that every audio company can have a bad and nice setup, even "high-end" stuff lise bose if you will..... personally, the bose in my audi right now rocks.... thats why i was talking about bose.

JAY
Old 12-19-2007, 12:49 PM   #17
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
I'm not a big fan of the ,imo, overly integrated proprietary Bose system. typically the output ohm is different from aftermarket stuff, And as with the CTS-V, everything is integrated through the head unit. So swapping that out will probably not be an option for most of us. They should keep the vehicle information and navigation separate from the stereo. That way you can leave alone or upgrade if you want
yah.... but its not likely.... same thing with my audi... its all f'ed up like that.... so you cant do a proper aftermarket swap of stuff.

JAY
Old 02-24-2008, 04:22 AM   #18
YOUNG_DEE

Drives: Mazda Protege
I think they will use Pioneer or Bose.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:09 PM   #19
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Guy that lives with me just purchased a 2008 Equinox Sport with the upgraded sound system. It's a 7 speaker Pioneer system w/subwoofer.

Personally I think it sounds great. I'd be completely happy with a similar Pioneer system in my new Camaro.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:21 PM   #20
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Guy that lives with me just purchased a 2008 Equinox Sport with the upgraded sound system. It's a 7 speaker Pioneer system w/subwoofer.

Personally I think it sounds great. I'd be completely happy with a similar Pioneer system in my new Camaro.
I'm hoping so, I'm not a fan of the bose systems. They are way to propietary. The pioneer would be the way to go imo.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:01 PM   #21
unkbd

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
In the Pontiac G8 Roadtest article: "Eighteen-inch, silver-painted alloy wheels are standard, as are projector-beam headlights, a tilt-telescoping wheel, polished stainless-steel exhaust tips, remote start, and a seven-speaker Blaupunkt audio system with CD player and iPod jack."

Could show signs of a nice system in our Camaros, no?
Old 02-25-2008, 12:58 PM   #22
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I'm not familiar with any audio system in the least...so tell me, is Blaupunkt a good system??
Old 02-25-2008, 02:18 PM   #23
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'm not familiar with any audio system in the least...so tell me, is Blaupunkt a good system??

Balupunkt has been around for years. I'm not sure how long they have been working with car manufacturers. They have long been a mainstay in the aftermarket audio world. They've won all kinds of custom competitions.

Here's a link to one of their show cars.

http://www.gspr.com/blau/evilz.html
Old 02-25-2008, 02:51 PM   #24
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkbd View Post
In the Pontiac G8 Roadtest article: "Eighteen-inch, silver-painted alloy wheels are standard, as are projector-beam headlights, a tilt-telescoping wheel, polished stainless-steel exhaust tips, remote start, and a seven-speaker Blaupunkt audio system with CD player and iPod jack."

Could show signs of a nice system in our Camaros, no?
That would be damn sweet, a great car with a great audio system would just make me cry with joy as I pull out of the dealership in my Camaro.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
Old 02-25-2008, 04:28 PM   #25
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
My wife's Cobalt came with the 7 speaker Pioneer system and it sounds great. I will be happy if my Camaro comes with one.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:56 PM   #26
Georgianne

Drives: chevys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
This is very much true for almost almost all car companies out there....reason to mark up and not provide equal value stuff in terms of audio.......

But Audi's new Bang and Olufsen 14 speaker system...... only $850 as an option!!!! Wow! Reviews are saying it rivals some home theaters, lol! See now thats reasonable.... I think that case your getting more for than what your paying for.

I really hope we dont get like a BA system... and its offered for like 1200 extra as an option... not cool... although likely.
OMG if they put in the B&O with the surround sound I may just move into the car cuz you will never get me to leave!!!! Of course I;ll have to figure out where to put the bar!
Old 02-25-2008, 11:06 PM   #27
unkbd

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Audio systems:

Audiophile Quality- this is for the guy that wants to hear EVERYTHING like he was right there, right down to the drip of sweat hitting the ground during the last rif in Freebird.

Standard Listener Quality- this is for the guy that just wants a kickass stereo system. One that will sound good through most of the range of the volume knob. And if that includes the last 1/4 turn of the knob he is in heaven.

Shit you threw together for the garage Quality- We all know what this sounds like.

Blaupunkt is in the middle to low middle of the Audiophile range as far as a system goes, imo.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:26 PM   #28
Georgianne

Drives: chevys
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkbd View Post
Audio systems:

Audiophile Quality- this is for the guy that wants to hear EVERYTHING like he was right there, right down to the drip of sweat hitting the ground during the last rif in Freebird.

Standard Listener Quality- this is for the guy that just wants a kickass stereo system. One that will sound good through most of the range of the volume knob. And if that includes the last 1/4 turn of the knob he is in heaven.

Shit you threw together for the garage Quality- We all know what this sounds like.

Blaupunkt is in the middle to low middle of the Audiophile range as far as a system goes, imo.
I agree!

Closed Thread